UK CHARTS - Sun shines on Take That

IN THE NEWS

Sunday, 04 Mar 2007 19:43

Any aspirations comeback kids Take That may have of sticking around for just that bit longer have been helped by their single Shine climbing to the top of the UK chart.

Fresh from last month's Brit awards success; the Manchester foursome's second single release from album Beautiful World displaces Ruby by the Kaiser Chiefs at number one.

But the Kaisers can at least take comfort from their blockbusting new album Yours Truly Angry Mob debuting at number one, which kicks Amy Winehouse's Back to Black into third.

Different as they are, the charts are dominated by Take That and the Kaisers, with the reformed boyband occupying second place in the album chart with the aforementioned Beautiful World.

Back in the singles stakes The Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani featuring Akon rises four places to three, while former number one Grace Kelly by Mika and Fray's How to Save a Life complete the top five.

UK singles charts

1 Shine – Take That (10)

2 Ruby – Kaiser Chiefs (1)

3 The Sweet Escape – Gwen Stefani featuring Akon (7)

4 Grace Kelly – Mika (2)

5 How to Save a Life – Fray (5)

6 Lil Star - Kelis featuring Cee Lo (3)

7 Standing in the Way of Control – The Gossip (new entry)

8 Miracle – Cascade (new entry)

9 I Wanna Love You – Akon featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg (4)

10 What Goes Around Comes Around – Justin Timberlake (11)

UK album chart

1 Yours Truly Angry Mob – Kaiser Chiefs (new entry)

2 Beautiful World – Take That (5)

3 Back to Black – Amy Winehouse (1)

4 Life in Cartoon Motion – Mika (2)

5 Eyes Open – Snow Patrol (3)

---

CW.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard Take That's new single yet, nor have I hear 'Ruby'. Kinda boycotted Kaiser Chiefs after they said they were sick - or something on the lines of that -of Mika topping the charts :sneaky2:

thanks for that,

I am thrilled that 'Ruby' only made it for one week at no 1 ,I agree with Freddy, Take that deserve a no 1 spot for a week or two.

Yeh IF Mika is going to be knocked off number one , then I hope to heaven its with a good song , Love today is next huh ?? , I expect big things :mf_lustslow::thumb_yello:

love today will be massive, (must be ready for downloads soon???) should go straight to no 1 and stay there for..........4-5 weeks

We know it will be released April 30th but any news when the video will be out?

love today will be massive, (must be ready for downloads soon???) should go straight to no 1 and stay there for..........4-5 weeks

We know it will be released April 30th but any news when the video will be out?

Yeh good question , I didnt know it would be 30th April :thumb_yello:

Yeh good question , I didnt know it would be 30th April :thumb_yello:

single release date is def scheduled for 30 .4. Do you know how long it too from available on downloads until the physical release of 'Grace Kelly' ? Then we can work it out for 'Love Today'

I love Love Today is that the new one for sure? And I was written by my friends in the UK when Grace Kelly fell off of number one. With hope he will be there again.... Love Today, Ring Ring, Happy Ending, my three favs after Grace Kelly...

I love Love Today is that the new one for sure? And I was written by my friends in the UK when Grace Kelly fell off of number one. With hope he will be there again.... Love Today, Ring Ring, Happy Ending, my three favs after Grace Kelly...

yes it will be the next one on the shelves, I just want them to start playing 'love today' so to set the stage for a massive assault... then even Chris Moyled will have to play it....

Talking of Take That. Doesn't it make you MAD:furious: that there are 11 gigs in Manchester - I tried all day Friday & couldn't get tickets & there are now 628 e bay items selling them - & they're going for as much as £1000 a pair. Ticket touts:furious: :furious: I hate em!

I don't know if this is rule of thumb, but I heard the other day that Arcade Fires new song is out on down load on the 16th of this month and physical release is the end of the month. So if that is the case maybe Love Today will be out on download the middle of April.

On the topic of this, I thought that you could already download it, as I have seen threads mentioning Lollipop on some download chart or other. If that is the case wouldn't this diminish the chances of a high entry when it is officially released?

I don't know if this is rule of thumb, but I heard the other day that Arcade Fires new song is out on down load on the 16th of this month and physical release is the end of the month. So if that is the case maybe Love Today will be out on download the middle of April.

On the topic of this, I thought that you could already download it, as I have seen threads mentioning Lollipop on some download chart or other. If that is the case wouldn't this diminish the chances of a high entry when it is officially released?

I think it would , maybe that is why the official download is not until about 3-4 weeks before April 30th, when the cd will be in the shops....

I recjon the time table will look like this:

Cd release 30th April

download as from 8th April

video as from 2nd April

promotional visits, airtime as from any time now....!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:punk: :punk:

Talking of Take That. Doesn't it make you MAD:furious: that there are 11 gigs in Manchester - I tried all day Friday & couldn't get tickets & there are now 628 e bay items selling them - & they're going for as much as £1000 a pair. Ticket touts:furious: :furious: I hate em!

Yes how bad is that!!!!!! , its getting so difficult to get tickets now , i tried for T in the park and the lines are just engaged and stay engaged , something needs to be done ...:sniper:

me and leezybeezy have tickets for Take That in Glasgow in November (contact 'on the inside')

Still not sure if that's a good or bad thing??? Although leezy is certain it's good....

did see them years ago just after Robbie left, but only cos someone gave me a spare ticket at last minute, have never been a fan.