The Tee Total Thread

Beckar

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that's a tad egotistical.....:blink: all you did was start a thread ....this board isn't just about you dear,and what you like or don't, it's about lots of people...all with different tastes and personalities...but surely that's the beauty of the 'net? And what makes message boards interesting ..if you don't like one thing/conversation ..away you go to another ..no big deal.

Frankly, what I saw last night was disgusting and bullying of the highest order,and to think you all claim to love a man who was once bullied himself :sad:

but ..I've said my piece and that's that, I don't hold grudges, but I shall no longer be around here ..I'll check in for news and such but that's all.

Well, I have just ploughed through all the posts on the "closed thread" and I am appalled, amazed and saddened.

I have known Gothy for over 2 years now (I hope it would not embarrass him that I am writing this, cos he doesn't know I have seen the stuff on the Bar thread) and I know he has been seriously misjudged.

He is a huge Queen fan (and believe me, I've known some, over the years!!!!). He is a quiet, introspective person, very serious-minded and sensitive and I have read, and re-read, the posts on that closed thread, and unless I have missed something (and I very much doubt that I have), I know he has been wronged. He came on to explain himself a few times, and I know EXACTLY the puzzled, conciliatory tone of voice he would have been talking in, and all that I can see is he has had stuff thrown at him.

I honestly cannot believe some of the replies he was given.

I'm very sad at the tone that developed, and it really took me aback - that a genuine, serious person like Gothy could be targeted and frankly, bullied. And, on re-reading Fillip's post (above), it does make me wonder what Mika would think of such bullying?

I think it is a damn shame, I really do.

thanks Gill, wonder if you'll get a nice patronising reply too....:wink2:

Well, I hope not. Aren't we (ie society) supposed to be "inclusive" rather than "exclusive" these days? Isn't there room for everyone's opinions on this Fan Club for Mika?

Well, I hope not. Aren't we (ie society) supposed to be "inclusive" rather than "exclusive" these days? Isn't there room for everyone's opinions on this Fan Club for Mika?

obviously not my dear....well you're ok if you hold the right opinions ..how's it go, all fans are equal but some fans are more equal than others ....:biggrin2:

hi nicole, nice to see you, how's your day been?

*waves again to everyone* My day was... erm.. nice... I bought a pair of dark grey skinny jeans:thumb_yello: Really tight ones:mf_rosetinted: Hope your day was nice?:wink2:

Well there are posts on the SS board regarding it ... for every friend there is a person that was upset :thumb_yello:

<makes coffee>

Well, that's good, then, that there are loyal people about.

I have to say, I am a moderator on a larger band's message board, and this sort of bullying of anyone would not be tolerated on any other board. No moderator worth their salt would want that going on on their patch. Neither, I think, would the artist/band want that sort of behaviour associated with them.

The message is usually, EVERYONE play nicely, not pick and choose who has to toe a particular line.

*waves again to everyone* My day was... erm.. nice... I bought a pair of dark grey skinny jeans:thumb_yello: Really tight ones:mf_rosetinted: Hope your day was nice?:wink2:

yes, I remember, you wanted to buy some skinny jeans....I thought you wanted to buy black ones...dark grey is great, so you need to shake yourself into them....?

:wink2:

I think that's a tad egotistical.....:blink: all you did was start a thread ....this board isn't just about you dear,and what you like or don't, it's about lots of people...all with different tastes and personalities...but surely that's the beauty of the 'net? And what makes message boards interesting ..if you don't like one thing/conversation ..away you go to another ..no big deal.

Frankly, what I saw last night was disgusting and bullying of the highest order,and to think you all claim to love a man who was once bullied himself :sad:

but ..I've said my piece and that's that, I don't hold grudges, but I shall no longer be around here ..I'll check in for news and such but that's all.

You have a strange idea of bullying, unless you meant the sneaky underhand comments meant to wind people up and cause conflict. I know for sure all i did and from what i saw all freddie did was give our honest reactions to what someone said.

I work in a school so am surrounded by bullying and by people being bullied day in day out. I work with children being bullied all the time. I stamp down on every instance i see and am known within my company as having extremely high standards and zero tollerance on bullying. I myself was severely bullied the whole time i was in school and still suffer from it today. I know what bullying is. And in no way can you call what happened last night as bullying. The word is banded around way too much when people have tiffs, bullying, as is said in many government documents used as resources for children is Several Times On Purpose. It is not an argument or a misunderstanding.

wendi, is their school far away? you can make good use of the drive and listen to mika....are you living quite remotely?

We are 6 miles away, down a winding country road, and, yes - Mika comes everywhere with us!!! The girls sing at the top of their voices - but still cant drown out me!!! Nearest shop is 6 miles too - nice and quiet here!!

Well, then let's... and stop talking about it...

Well said!! , it was gone last night but the SS board has posted things and jumped in , he posted wrong things last night , if I hadnt got the bar closed you would of seen a lot more angry things towards him , from people that I dont know but have since said how could he post that!

Far as I was concerned the bar was closed and the issue gone

You have a strange idea of bullying, unless you meant the sneaky underhand comments meant to wind people up and cause conflict. I know for sure all i did and from what i saw all freddie did was give our honest reactions to what someone said.

I work in a school so am surrounded by bullying and by people being bullied day in day out. I work with children being bullied all the time. I stamp down on every instance i see and am known within my company as having extremely high standards and zero tollerance on bullying. I myself was severely bullied the whole time i was in school and still suffer from it today. I know what bullying is. And in no way can you call what happened last night as bullying. The word is banded around way too much when people have tiffs, bullying, as is said in many government documents used as resources for children is Several Times On Purpose. It is not an argument or a misunderstanding.

<nods in agreement>

Jodi, well put, you've summed it up beautifully...just my thoughts too:thumb_yello:

Jodi, well put, you've summed it up beautifully...just my thoughts too:thumb_yello:

Well , its Gothy fans ... see what they have posted on the SS board!

I would like to see it gone for one , that what the bar was closed for , but hey everyone is due to their opnions