Mika on radio 2 next week. Does anybody know...

girlintheblue

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If last week was anything to go by, according to the BBC 2 website - it looks like the guest chooses 2 tracks per day...

TRACKS OF MY YEARS

JOSH GROBAN

Take a look at Josh Groban's pick of his favourite tracks, and find out more about him here.

Monday

Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes ~ Paul Simon

Butterflies & Hurricanes ~ Muse

Tuesday

Solsbury Hill ~ Peter Gabriel

Under Pressure ~ Queen

Wednesday

Come Together ~ The Beatles

Fix You ~ Coldplay

Thursday

Shout ~ Tears For Fears

Into The West ~ Annie Lennox

Friday

In The Air Tonight ~ Phil Collins

Slow Motion ~ David Gray

----

Ken Bruce's programme is on air 08.00 - 12.00 Mon-Fri.

---

CW.

Yep it's two a day, and I have a feeling it's more like 11.30/11.40 than 10.40, unless it's been changed over the last few weeks. I remember it as being the last of the 'features' before the end of the show.

I listen to radio 2 quite often at work and I hadn't noticed that tracks of my years was on at any specific, regular time. It seems to be at virtually any time and they split it up into little bits with other things in between. (The 2 tracks and snippets of interview aren't consecutive)

There's no way around it -you'll just have to listen to the whole show!

From R2 Website

TRACKS OF MY YEARS

MIKA

Take a look at Mika's pick of his favourite tracks, and find out more about him here

Monday

Everywhere ~ Fleetwood Mac

Singing In The Rain ~ Gene Kelly

Tuesday

Loser ~ Beck

Don’t Wait Too Long ~ Madeleine Peyroux

Wednesday

Iko Iko ~ The Dixie Cups

Everybody’s Talkin’ ~ Nilsson

Thursday

All Good Things ~ Nelly Furtado

Missionary Man ~ The Eurythmics

Friday

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien ~ Edith Piaf

This Song Has No Title ~ Elton John

thanks for listing his choices. I'm at work when it's on and although we always listen to radio 2 (and snigger at fascist phone-in people - the classic last week on Jeremy Vine's phone-in on incest was one guy 'there's nothing wrong with incest, it doesn't harm anyone'!!!!) it's usually quite quiet and it depends what's going on in office as to whether you can actually hear it or not. I heard Mika's voice yesterday and thought, this is it! but didn't hear anything else til Singing in the Rain!!!!

It's like that here, I sit hoping the phone won't ring or that nobody will talk to me until it's over.

As for Jeremy Vine, he drives me crazy, I rant and rave when his show is on. I do feel sorry for some of the people that he has on, but I don't want to talk about the ins and outs of vasectomys or who's child was killed in a hit and run and hear them sobbing at lunchtime.

:thumbdown:

It's like that here, I sit hoping the phone won't ring or that nobody will talk to me until it's over.

As for Jeremy Vine, he drives me crazy, I rant and rave when his show is on. I do feel sorry for some of the people that he has on, but I don't want to talk about the ins and outs of vasectomys or who's child was killed in a hit and run and hear them sobbing at lunchtime.

:thumbdown:

did you hear today's babspanky? I was straining to listen but it seemed to be about people who had a fear of nudity????!!! One woman had to tape pages of the newspaper together in case she got an unintentional glimpse of page 3! Then a couple of weeks ago it was awful, the woman whose son was killed in a racially motivated attack and she had forgiven the attackers. Really moving.

ANYWAY, missed Mika again - just heard a couple of words in the background. Didn't even hear the songs he chose. How annoying it is to have to work for a living!

I heard the bit about the woman who had a phobia about nudity, but not Mika :thumbdown: .

After that woman had been on, a few others called with the same phobia! Not one I have heard of before. Then a guy called and said stop making a fuss , get down to a nudist beach, there's nothing to be scared of. Like that's why it's a phobia duh, it's not a logical fear aaaaagh!

Cue me to shout at radio! :naughty:

I loved the reason he chose Iko Iko by The Dixie Cups, it was to do with his Grandmother, who apparently prefers all the grand children to call her mother (something to do with not wanting to be a gran I suppose). But the line in it that goes "my Grandma and your Grandma , sittin' by the fire, my Grandma said to your Grandma gonna set your house on fire" always makes him imagine his Gran setting fire to things. Very odd!

But the Nilsson track was an eye opener. I knew he was a big fan of Harrys but he knows an incredible amount about him, he even had a couple of his producers work on LICM, and I had no idea that John Lennon worked with Nilsson, and that when HN once asked an interviewer what his favourite song that he wrote was and the interviewer said Without You, Harry punched him, because he never wrote it, and he hated people not realising that. As Mika said at the end HN is an obession with him.

thanks for that, heard his voice in the distance again and heard Iko Iko (a big favourite in this house too) but nothing else. My boss wasn't even in, and I said to the girl who works beside me, 'oh, it's Mika's tracks of my years' and she talked all the way through it.... :thumbdown:

I LOVE the Dixie Cups version of Iko Iko. don't you think the drumsticks on the ashtrays (did he tell that story? have you heard that story? is it even true? I'm not sure but I like it anyway) sound a bit like the spoon orchestra on Lollipop?

the trouble is on my computer I can't seem to fast forward the listen again thingy on the BBC so I actually have to potentially listen to all 2 1/2 hours of Ken Bruce's show to hear this... wowzer. I dunno if I can cope.

I LOVE the Dixie Cups version of Iko Iko. don't you think the drumsticks on the ashtrays (did he tell that story? have you heard that story? is it even true? I'm not sure but I like it anyway) sound a bit like the spoon orchestra on Lollipop?

the trouble is on my computer I can't seem to fast forward the listen again thingy on the BBC so I actually have to potentially listen to all 2 1/2 hours of Ken Bruce's show to hear this... wowzer. I dunno if I can cope.

having to listen to all of Ken Bruce again might be above and beyond the call of Mika-duty!

thanks for that, heard his voice in the distance again and heard Iko Iko (a big favourite in this house too) but nothing else. My boss wasn't even in, and I said to the girl who works beside me, 'oh, it's Mika's tracks of my years' and she talked all the way through it.... :thumbdown:

Ooh that happened to me and I was thinking 'just bloody shut up, just bloody shut up' and getting wound up ! :blush-anim-cl: That's really unlike me!

Ooh that happened to me and I was thinking 'just bloody shut up, just bloody shut up' and getting wound up ! :blush-anim-cl: That's really unlike me!

PMSL at that! Same as me! I wasn't listening to a word she was saying, just thinking 'STOP TALKING'!! And saying, uh huh at the appropriate pauses.

Same tomorrow I imagine. The slot is only, like 10 minutes. Surely I deserve that?????

Maybe tomorrow, when the time comes, you should stand up and shout at the top of your voice, "Will you all just shut up for 10 minutes and listen to Mika!".

They'll all be stunned into silence:naughty:

Afterwards, they'll think you're a nutter and chat about you for the rest of the day ... but what the heck, at least you'll get to hear Mika's bit :roftl:

Ok, so maybe I'm the nutter ... would never have the nerve to do anything like that myself:blush-anim-cl: but at least you get chance to catch a bit of it, we can't have the radio on at work:thumbdown:

Maybe tomorrow, when the time comes, you should stand up and shout at the top of your voice, "Will you all just shut up for 10 minutes and listen to Mika!".

They'll all be stunned into silence:naughty:

Afterwards, they'll think you're a nutter and chat about you for the rest of the day ... but what the heck, at least you'll get to hear Mika's bit :roftl:

Ok, so maybe I'm the nutter ... would never have the nerve to do anything like that myself:blush-anim-cl: but at least you get chance to catch a bit of it, we can't have the radio on at work:thumbdown:

wouldn't dare! only been there a month or so, and they already have me down as 'potential stalker' cos of my Mika obsessions! If a Mika song comes on the radio I can't help myself yelping out 'MIKA!' and they all give me a look!

They def would think I'm a nutter!

It's ridiculous, I haven't felt like this since my grandad ripped off the back page of a magazine , rolled it up and put it in the fire to light his tab. I was shouting no, grandad please no, he thought I was joking. But he did it anyway.

It had the Bay City Rollers on the back. :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

The shame!

wouldn't dare! only been there a month or so, and they already have me down as 'potential stalker' cos of my Mika obsessions! If a Mika song comes on the radio I can't help myself yelping out 'MIKA!' and they all give me a look!

I do that too! Then I go and stand next to the radio and shout SSSSHHHHH! if anyone dares speak!