americanos

River

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People at my school know who he is, or at least some do, and the Grace Kelly video gets really good play on MTV. In between commercials they'll play a clip of it, and a lot of people here in America watch MTV. It gives him really good exposure to us and more people are hearing about him through that type of publicity.

I really think his album will sell very well. I'm buying it the first day it comes out! :wink2:

brilliant!

Just saw that he's number 12 @ hits' Vibe Raters

"Int’l pop star impacting T40, AAA, Alt w/#1 UK single! Great spins on WPLJ, WXRV, WBMX, WBOS, KNRK, Sirius, XM, more. All Over MTV!!! MTV; MTV2, MTV "Discover & Download." AOL Music Breakers,. US Tour launches this week @ SXSW following three week major city tour. MSN Live Webcast 04.04. In stores 03.27. Mgmt: Rich Isaacson, Jerry Blair/Fuerte Group"

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #86 in Music

I have yet to hear him on the radio. mind you I don't listen to it too much anymore, I'm basically just listening to his songs that I get from the net. I don't know anyone at my school that knows him except those I've told. I hear his songs used on the motorola commercials and I always jump and turn the tv on full blast haha As for MTV I'm not sure baout his exposure there cos I don't really watch it but I would take the others' word for it. I really hope his album will do well. I have my fingers crossed and my wallet ready lol

i've only heard Grace Kelly twice on the radio. They play the Grace Kelly video every morning on MTV and he's about number 52 on the iTunes top 100 downloads but i really think he'll get more popular once his Life in Cartoon Motion is released. I'm so excited!!!

The only publicity I've seen in my area is that on MTV. I've seen Grace Kelly in the mornings (only once!), but his songs have been on a few episodes of The Hills. I haven't even seen the Motorola ad! Nothing on the radio :(:( But I've been raving about it at school and demanding everyone to buy it when it comes out on Tuesday :D

The only publicity I've seen in my area is that on MTV. I've seen Grace Kelly in the mornings (only once!), but his songs have been on a few episodes of The Hills. I haven't even seen the Motorola ad! Nothing on the radio :(:( But I've been raving about it at school and demanding everyone to buy it when it comes out on Tuesday :D

Oh! That reminds me, one of my friends I didn't tell about Mika went to my myspace and recognized him fromt hat show :naughty:

Oh! That reminds me, one of my friends I didn't tell about Mika went to my myspace and recognized him fromt hat show :naughty:

Haha, too cool. :cool: My sister watches the show and I just happened to be watching with her when Grace Kelly came on and I got super excited :D:D

well i live here and other peopel have seen him on tv and have talked to other people that have heard of him but i have never seen him on tv or heard him on the radio or talked to anyone who heard of him that it wasnt me who told them about him.

so maybe thats just me because im pretty closed off from the outside world sometimes but besides online ive heard/seen absolutely nothing.

but personally, im so in love & cant wait for the album to come out here .. 9 days!!! :biggrin2:

I just saw the Motorola ad last night. I was in the other room, and when I heard it, I was like, "IT'S MIKA, IT'S MIKA!" My older brother had some of his friends over and they all were like, "uh, who's Mika?" Luckily, my brother knows of Mika so he explained.

Mostly at school, not very many people know of him without me telling them, lol. But I have heard a couple of people singing Grace Kelly and saying "what's the name of that song?" or "who sings that song?"

As far as radio stations, I have yet to hear Grace Kelly. The main radio station here is always a little behind on things however...it will probably be different after his album comes out.

I'm sorta used to liking bands and singers that no one has ever heard of, it kinda makes me feel good when they hit it big I can say I've been following them for awhile, lol.

If everyone felt and thought like me, Mika would be HUGE in the US!

But I'm sure not everyone thinks like me. I do think Mika will be enormously popular with certain groups here -- teenage girls/young women especially will love him because he's so adorable and charming. And I think his music will be popular in the clubs, because it's so dance-able (if that's even a word!).

As for the rest of middle America? I'm not so sure. As I read somewhere else, America hasn't really embraced Scissor Sisters or Robbie Williams the way the UK has, so there's a chance that they won't go for Mika either. :blink:

I mean, I hope the US at large loves him, but you just never know.

Right now, I don't think he's well-known enough -- I see this morning that he's slipped down to only 25% on the AOL poll that's been going on.

I've seen Grace Kelly on MTV a number of times, and he's been mentioned in a few US publications -- USA Today and Entertainment Weekly have a pretty big circulation, especially. And I'm starting to hear a few television commercials with Mika's music in the background, but I haven't heard Grace Kelly yet on regular radio here in DC -- although I have been requesting it!

One more week until the CD is out here in the US... then I guess time will tell...

dcdeb