2007 - Mika: 'truth About My Sexuality Is In My Music'

meimei88

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

2007-03-19 08:59:08 -

Pop sensation MIKA is baffled by critics' claims he is hiding his sexuality insisting his preference is obvious to anyone who listens to his songs.

The androgynous GRACE KELLY hitmaker has never spoken of his sexuality in interviews, but his lyrics are laden with clues.

He says, "People say, 'You don't talk about sexuality because you're worried about success in the US.' "I say, 'Have you heard the f**king album?' There's a song about a married man who has a homosexual affair. There's no enigma."

(IG/WNTMI/MT) WENN - THIRD - HOLLYWOOD, SHOWBIZ & PEOPLE NEWS - 19 MARCH 2007

:blink: Reliable source? Not that it matters to me.. I still love him! :wub2:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And another!!

Ananova

There's nothing like a little mystery to keep the appeal factor rolling.

But according to pop crooner Mika, that's just not the case.

Mika has hit back at reports claiming he's been purposely hiding his sexual orientation from the public for fear of losing his fans.

In fact, the 23-year-old singer insists his preference is obvious to anyone who listens to his songs, as his lyrics are laden with clues.

"People say, 'You don't talk about sexuality because you're worried about success in the US'," the Daily Mirror has quoted Mika as saying.

"I say, 'Have you heard the f*****g album?' There's a song about a married man who has a homosexual affair. There's no enigma."

Hmm, looks like we'd better put his album on repeat.

And another!!

Ananova

[...]

Mika has hit back at reports claiming he's been purposely hiding his sexual orientation from the public for fear of losing his fans.

[...] .

Considering it doesn't matter for me his sexuality, as his religion or other similar things...I love him just the way he is...

...if is so beautiful because he's gay...if he's so great, if he is so beautiful because he's gay...I think: "thanx God he's gay!"!!!:punk:

Mika's sexuality doesn't define him. And if you want to appreciate music, whatever your taste, then sexuality shouldn't come into it- learn to differentiate, and if necessary segregate!

im getting sick of getting this same "info" in my inbox -.-

me too,:shocked:

:shocked: if I were Mika, I would really do something to feed them for good...:shocked:

....like be wearing high heals and fishnet stockings...and suspender belt ...and tight shortest mini, ....offset with the most mucho upper body....like dark tanned muscley torso, heavily decorated with gold chains, rough, unshaven face...:wink2: :wink2:

What would the press write then????:shocked:

I may look like a newb for this but:

I still dont understand what they're trying to say about him. He says theres NO enigma... D:

(enigma: a saying, question, picture, etc., containing a hidden meaning; riddle. )

Does that mean it should be obvious that hes gay... or that there is no relevence? XD

I may look like a newb for this but:

I still dont understand what they're trying to say about him. He says theres NO enigma... D:

(enigma: a saying, question, picture, etc., containing a hidden meaning; riddle. )

Does that mean it should be obvious that hes gay... or that there is no relevence? XD

I would have thought that he meant it was obvious; i.e. that he is gay but you've got me thinking about "the relevance" to it. He obviously doesn't feel that it is necessary to talk about it...even if he refers to homosexuality in Billy Brown...I'm confused now!!!:confused:

god that "enigma" I didnt understand it but now its so obvious. Think abot it. He must be tired of all gay-rumours and just saying like ' I just sing about a gay man, it doesnt mean anything in my personal life. '

But my foreign and hoping soul may be wrong wht do you think?

• 2 years later...
I am with mika_lover. I refuse to believe it too.Not that I would mind enough to stop liking him if he was gay.

i'm with you both. if he is gay i still love him but part of me wants to see the headlines if he was puctured time and time againholding hands with a girlfriend. just the look on their faces. :biggrin2:

the enigma thing confuses me. if he says NO enigma then shouldn't it mean that there is nothing in that that is like him? it really confuses me. :blink:

well, as it's been said before, i don't believe he's gay until he says so. Anyway, i don't care if he is or not, i'm in love with his music, and i'm really happy that such a singer as he's has a great personality. But because of his music is that we know him, and i think because of his music we're his fans. his sexuality? well, it just his private life, and as "private" it just a Mika's issue, no one else....it won't change the way real fans admire him or support him in every thing he does....

in the other hand, if it is all about Billy Brown, it's not so clear. i mean, Billy has something with a girl too right?...

so,in conclusion, the most important thing is his music and how happy it makes to all of us! nothing else.....

ok, that was my opinion....kisses!;)

honnestly even if he's gay, what the matter??? I'm gay, and I don't care about his sexuality... wheter he is gay or S&M or he like threesome, or sleep with toy... it's not really my problem, but I can understand why journalists wants to know!!! the mika's world uses the codes of the gay world (color, lyrics, sexual ambiguity, clothes etc)... but, again, what's the matter for us? if he's gay, its cool for him, if it's straight it's cool for the MFC girls lol

I don't want to comment on the content but this article doesn't seem to be a reliable source of information :cool:

That's also why this thread never developed into anything in the first place back in 2007. This should go to the misquotes or made-up quotes section.:wink2: