new fan of Mika, old fan of Queen

crina

hello everybody! my name is Crina and i am from Romania. i am 29 years old and i discovered Mika on VH1 with Grace Kelly. i am a very big fan of queen in general and Freddie in particular and when i listen for the first time Mika something hits me. it was something that i knew but someting different in the same time. then i realise that if you would listen Queen I and Life in cartoon motion, those albums have something in common. Both are too much for their times. As Queen I was someting different for those years, so is Life in cartoon motion for this time. not many people are ready to love it for the first time. you have to listen his album at least twice to start love it and understand it. my personal opinion is that Mika can be a second Freddie Mercury. Now his voice sound many like voice of Freddie when he was young. Don't forgett that Mika is 23 years old and voice change in time. Just like Freddie's voice. on the early albums he was an young voice, than it became more mature, manly voice. evering now depends by Mika. He will choose how his careear will be.

if you would compare the 70' Freddie Mercury ( when he was young like Mika) and Mika will discover this:

- play perfect on piano

- perfect voice

- inluences of opera

- both know opera very well

- i compare The life in cartoon motion with Bohemian Rhapsody because every song is something different as style of interpretation

- skinny

- wearing colorfull pants

- sort of theatrical

-same young voice

- wearing bracelets

- same joy of life

- same intelligent answears in interwieus

and many others. If you find those just post it.

And again, nice meeting you all.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Crina - that was a great introduction. I too liked Freddie alot - and yes, I can see many similarities. Hope you enjoy yourself here! There is a Freddie Mercury thread in the chin wagging forum - it may interest you :thumb_yello:

Hi Crina!

I have not that much experience of Queen as being only 17 years old,

but I really found your introduction interesting! :thumb_yello:

Mika really hit me too when I first time heard it, amazing!

Welcome from another Queen fan! :thumb_yello: I really liked what you said about Freddie and Mika, I think the same too. Mika has the possibility to become the next Freddie Mercury thanks to his voice (that is surely gonna change in a few years) and style and everything.

i basicly know almost everything about queen. now i must start to inform me aBOUT MIKA. i wanna know everything about him. i download most interviews with mika. now i am prepared for the great search on internet.

HI! glad to see i'm not the only romanian round here! and, being a great queen fan myself, had the same reaction when i first heard grace kelly. i just couldn't believe how talented and magnetic and freddie-ish mika is, only it didn't take me long to realise that it wasn't the fact that he was so much like freddie that i loved about mika, but the fact that he was so much like mika!

hope you have a great time here!

hello everybody again! i was some trouble yesterday with connection but now it's fixed. i am glad to see someone from my country. hello juley . din ce oras esti? eu sunt din focsani. that was a message in ronamian for juley.

thanks for your postings.

Hey Crina, good to see somebody a bit older. I am a 28 year old medic from Australia and I have not liked a pop star this much since I was nine years old. His voice goes from soft and whispery to loud and guttural and it is amazing. Love his chocolatey curls and light brown eyes. He is truly an artist.

i see all your posts and it's very nice of you. thanks again also for the new ones that will come.

pentru colega mea din romania, la focsani a ployat tot week-endul. tu ce thread ai ca nu te-am gasit, sau poate nu m-am uitat cu atentie.

thanks ! it's something wonderfull how strangers become friends by beliveing in an idol. it's fantastic how freddie did it. he loved life and friends and i think that he never imagined he can bring so many people together in one place. a dream came true.