over my shoulder

Dee

I finally had the chance to buy Mika's cd. I listened to about 4 times and came down to the conclusion that the very last song makes me feel like Mika was sad when he wrote it. Makes me want to give him a hug, hoping that it would make him feel better.

I actually want to cry when I listen to it.

I feel the same way....i feel like i just want to grab a box of tissues and cry. Its a beautiful song though.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I heard it, I got chills with the first chord. Its an incredible song and really demonstrates Mika's brilliance. I feel the pain that it was written with it and I feel the pain I've experienced in the past. It communicates on so many levels. I still cry every time I hear it, but i only listen to it when the moment it right. Its not a song you want to listen to all the time, I don't think. I feel it has a certain sense to it and you have to be in the right mind set to appreciate it and I don't listen to it unless I'm able to appreciate it. ^_^ I love it. I can't wait to see him perform it live.

this song sent a shiver up my spine when first hearing it...

it was on youtube, with the cellist and other singer (at one of the gigs); just blew me away!

such a sad, sweet tune.

and i love the harmonizing. :)

Heya Caz i have read your review on Myspace its great

But you want to know what stuck in the middle is about

i have heard that Mika wrote it about his mother/ grandmother, its about when you hit the age around 20's when you see your parents in a different way....

lets see if i can find where i got that from....

oh its the first half of the MOD interview thats on the first page i believe

:ot:

I can totally relate to that song. I remember the first time i hit my early 20's and looked at my parents in a different way. You go from fighting with them and never getting along to a total change of understanding and getting along with them, and realizing their mortality. Its a scary transition, and i'm still going through it. I understand my mother now more than i did when i was in my teens.

I can totally relate to that song. I remember the first time i hit my early 20's and looked at my parents in a different way. You go from fighting with them and never getting along to a total change of understanding and getting along with them, and realizing their mortality. Its a scary transition, and i'm still going through it. I understand my mother now more than i did when i was in my teens.

I thought that song might be about a conflict with his father (?) but this ^^ also makes sense. It's very true about that early 20s transition thing.. I was abroad on my Uni "year out" at the time and suddenly started to really appreciate my parents as people, perhaps because they were no longer right there...And it continues with increasing age. I'm late thirties now and appreciate my folks more and more by the day and still need them!

I thought that song might be about a conflict with his father (?) but this ^^ also makes sense. It's very true about that early 20s transition thing.. I was abroad on my Uni "year out" at the time and suddenly started to really appreciate my parents as people, perhaps because they were no longer right there...And it continues with increasing age. I'm late thirties now and appreciate my folks more and more by the day and still need them!

I feel the same about my parents now...but that wasnt the case when i was younger. I was a very difficult teenager. I wanted to have nothing to do with my parents and they couldnt even say hello let alone anything else to me without me wanting to fly off the handle. BUt now my mom is my best friend, i talk to her 3-4 times a day and i cant imagine my life without either of my parents...and its scary when you get older to realize your parents wont be around forever.

hello

sorry for my english, but i'm french ...

is there anybody who can write me the lyrics of over my shoulder ...

you said it's a sad song, but i not able to understandit when i listen it.

thank you

Let's see if one of us might be able to help. Problem though, are you France french or Quebec french, because I believe some words might be spelt differently.

Mes Parent vien du Nord d'Ontario, I can try.

Let's see if one of us might be able to help. Problem though, are you France french or Quebec french, because I believe some words might be spelt differently.

Mes Parent vien du Nord d'Ontario, I can try.

hello dee

thank you for your help ...

i'm from France - hello from Paris

but not necessary translate the lyrics ...

i'll be happy to have it in english ...

i can trye to translate il myself

See, I am quite scared about that 20's transition. I mean, my mother and I have our fights but I still love her and can't imagine what it will be like when I leave because I'm going off to london for Uni. I feel so bad for leaving her, its been just the two of us since the divorce when I was 7. I hate to leave but I can't wait to start out on my own. I imagine its going to be so tough =,C And its coming up in just a year. I'm going to have to call her at least a few times a day.