over my shoulder

Dee

I finally had the chance to buy Mika's cd. I listened to about 4 times and came down to the conclusion that the very last song makes me feel like Mika was sad when he wrote it. Makes me want to give him a hug, hoping that it would make him feel better.

I actually want to cry when I listen to it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wasn't a fan of this song when i heard it on the cd:blush-anim-cl: , but when I saw it live it brought a whole new dimention to it for me.

It is very haunting..... and very beautiful! x

I really wasn't a fan of this song when i heard it on the cd:blush-anim-cl: , but when I saw it live it brought a whole new dimention to it for me.

It is very haunting..... and very beautiful! x

Agree with you:thumb_yello: I was like wow:shocked:

I cried when I heard it for the first time. And the second time... And the third time...

I still nearly cry when I hear it, even that I've heard it many times now.

Such a beautiful song, his voice is amazing

yeah when i first heard it, it sent chills. i wrote a review of his album on my myspace in a blog :roftl:

Heya Caz i have read your review on Myspace its great

But you want to know what stuck in the middle is about

i have heard that Mika wrote it about his mother/ grandmother, its about when you hit the age around 20's when you see your parents in a different way....

lets see if i can find where i got that from....

oh its the first half of the MOD interview thats on the first page i believe

:ot:

does anyone know where I can find the lyrics of Over My Shoulder?I looked on the internet but I couldn't find it

I understand almost everything but I need to know ALL the words!

or someone could post here the lyrics... please!!! :wink2:

This might sound strange, but I tend to only listen to that song when I'm driving at night. It really seems to more poigniant when it's night time.

hmm no I understand, think about it: driving alone in your car by night... It just multiplies all the feelings of the song. I listen to it in the car a lot too.. well the whole cd really :mf_lustslow: lol

That having said it's my fave song of the album. Just because you can feel the emotions put into the song (and the lovely piano :wub2: )

i love that song, but on my cd over my shoulder is not listed on the back of the cd but its on there? weird... the last song on my cd is ring ring.

On my CD the last song is Ring Ring as well, but Over My Shoulder is just after Happy Ending, after about 1 minute of no sound at all.:wink2:

I've been heartbroken so I can feel the emotion from the song. Although I've never wandered the streets "cold and drunk", I know what it feels like to fall, and losing your way.

Lyrically, it's quite simplistic, but because it's simplistic it's straight to the point and sometimes...simplistic works better. I think the song sounds amazing in the right frame of mind, the right mood, the right time.

I can imagine it would sound creepy in the car *not in a bad way*. when someone posted that the immediate vision I had was the person in the drivers seat, driving down an almost empty road with fields either side, it's very late at night, the moon is out, it's cold...and you're on your own.

*shudders*