Mika ZDF Reportage (Translation Needed!)

Sou

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My German is not good enough to translate word by word,but basically,it says that Mika has been named the new icon of pop and his song Grace Kelly has stormed british charts and now he is visiting Berlin.

Then there is the background bit about American father and Liebanese Mum and sining opera.And he says it is funny that he used to do all the classical music and now he is singing about fat girls :D

He also talks about Grace Kelly video and says that you can see his big sister,mum and grandmother in it-he calls them his bodyguards ;)

And people reviews are very good.Thats all I could understand-now wait for a better translation

it is far from perfect but i wanted to do it quickly:

Underestimated by music companies for a long time, he nevertheless believed in himself and kept going on – successfully. Now Mika, son of an American father and a Lebanese mother is THE big newcomer. With his single Grace Kelly he hit the top of the charts in UK and just yesterday he made it to the hearts of the Berliners.

From falsetto to base – his voice contains more than 5 octaves (didn’t he say himself that was bull****?). Pop wonder MIKA is celebrated as the new discovery of the music scene, although the 23 year old Mika wanted to become an opera singer (really??).

It is funny because one and a half years ago I was studying Brahms songs at music college. Now I sing songs about big girls, lollipops or Grace Kelly.

And with the hit Grace Kelly he broke all records at once. It is because of his American-lebanese big family that he still keeps his feet on the ground. Members of that family are also dancing along in the video.

The only person that is always around me is my big sister. And of course my mother, my gradmother and all the others want to come with me. I don’t have bodyguards, I have relatives instead.

Of course all of them were with him at the beginning of his tour but not only his family was enthusiastic.

Woman: he can really sing – top. Super pop

Man: Super, I’m glowing.

Woman: That was the most beautiful night of my life.

Mika – the pop sensation of the year. We are sure we’ll hear more from him.

Thank you so much for posting the link, Sou!

Thanks for postin', didn't see it in TV!!

I didn't watch it either, I think it was on WAYY too early in the morning :P But hey, with some detective skills, the video was bound to appear! :das:

Signing off,

Sherlock Sou

LOOOOL! :roftl:

I didn't watch it either, I think it was on WAYY too early in the morning :P But hey, with some detective skills, the video was bound to appear! :das:

Signing off,

Sherlock Sou

LOOOOL! :roftl:

Lol, can you watch german television at you location..?

it is far from perfect but i wanted to do it quickly:

Underestimated by music companies for a long time, he nevertheless believed in himself and kept going on – successfully. Now Mika, son of an American father and a Lebanese mother is THE big newcomer. With his single Grace Kelly he hit the top of the charts in UK and just yesterday he made it to the hearts of the Berliners.

From falsetto to base – his voice contains more than 5 octaves (didn’t he say himself that was bull****?). Pop wonder MIKA is celebrated as the new discovery of the music scene, although the 23 year old Mika wanted to become an opera singer (really??).

It is funny because one and a half years ago I was studying Brahms songs at music college. Now I sing songs about big girls, lollipops or Grace Kelly.

And with the hit Grace Kelly he broke all records at once. It is because of his American-lebanese big family that he still keeps his feet on the ground. Members of that family are also dancing along in the video.

The only person that is always around me is my big sister. And of course my mother, my gradmother and all the others want to come with me. I don’t have bodyguards, I have relatives instead.

Of course all of them were with him at the beginning of his tour but not only his family was enthusiastic.

Woman: he can really sing – top. Super pop

Man: Super, I’m glowing.

Woman: That was the most beautiful night of my life.

Mika – the pop sensation of the year. We are sure we’ll hear more from him.

Thank you so much for posting the link, Sou!

:naughty: I didn't know that there is another violetsky "violet sky" on that forum and she even speaks Germand :punk:

I wanted to recorded it but it didn't work it was only black :roftl: Me and technic :thumbdown: Thanks for posting

I sat the hole day in front of this fu***ing TV but there was nothing about Mika :thumbdown:

10.04.2007 - ZDF, ZDF Morgenmagazin, 05:30h

10.04.2007 - ZDF, ZDF Mittagsmagazin, 13:00h

10.04.2007 - ARD, Brisant, 17:15h

10.04.2007 - ZDF, Leute Heute, 17:45h

10.04.2007 - KiKa, logo!, 19:50h

13.04.2007 - NDR, 3 nach 9, 22:00h

17.04.2007 - Pro7, TV Total, 22:15h

I sat the hole day in front of this fu***ing TV but there was nothing about Mika :thumbdown:

10.04.2007 - ZDF, ZDF Morgenmagazin, 05:30h

10.04.2007 - ZDF, ZDF Mittagsmagazin, 13:00h

10.04.2007 - ARD, Brisant, 17:15h

10.04.2007 - ZDF, Leute Heute, 17:45h

10.04.2007 - KiKa, logo!, 19:50h

13.04.2007 - NDR, 3 nach 9, 22:00h

17.04.2007 - Pro7, TV Total, 22:15h

He's going to be on ZDF again today??!! If so I can watch it! YAY!

what a lovely positive report, and violet sky, you've summed it up very well!

aren't these super close ups when he explains,,...and what lovely unkempt mop of hair oh any more of those friendship bracelets..and which watch was that?....and this must be his all time favourite cardi oh and finally...his trousers, what happened to the very tight skinny jeans? has he dressed down for the german market...? hope not!

really loved it, as much as those that came to watch him!

:naughty: I didn't know that there is another violetsky "violet sky" on that forum and she even speaks Germand :punk:

I wanted to recorded it but it didn't work it was only black :roftl: Me and technic :thumbdown: Thanks for posting

Yeah, that is really funny, I even didn't realize it until yesterday. Actually I didn't think of trying it in one word as I signed in here, so I did not know. Otherwise I would have tried a different name but I hope you don't mind... :wink2:

Yeah, that is really funny, I even didn't realize it until yesterday. Actually I didn't think of trying it in one word as I signed in here, so I did not know. Otherwise I would have tried a different name but I hope you don't mind... :wink2:

Of course I don't mind.. :blush-anim-cl:

I think they can differentiate us :wink2: As far as we doesn't have the same avatar and sig ;):roftl:

blue , how lucky were you...but aren't you at work?

Haven't watched anything yet, still at work... :sneaky2:

But I like the translation Violet Sky gave and I'm getting curious now...

(und ich denke dass ich es ganz verstehen kann und die Ubersetzung gar nicht brauche :biggrin2:)