2007 - Mika Birmingham Carling Academy 17th May

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty sure the capacity is 2,700 or about that anyway...

In my experience the atmospheres always really good in there compared to a lot of other venues

2700! that's enormous, i thought it would be small and cosy.,help!

This is why we need to arrive early!!

It feels small and cosy if you're at the front! It kinda fans out from the stage. I've only ever been at the front or at the front of the balcony and it's never felt too big to me!

He should move to the bar academy next door though :P the capacity there's only 250 or something :)

This is why we need to arrive early!!

It feels small and cosy if you're at the front! It kinda fans out from the stage. I've only ever been at the front or at the front of the balcony and it's never felt too big to me!

He should move to the bar academy next door though :P the capacity there's only 250 or something :)

Yeh thats what Newcastle was like , Ill never see him in such a small venue me dont thinks , cant wait , right at the front and rokin!:thumb_yello:

It's handy if you're gonna spend the whole time going to and from the bar :P If you get to the front of the balcony you get a really good view. There are usually only about 2 or 3 rows of people on it and it goes right the way around to the edges of the stage.

It's handy if you're gonna spend the whole time going to and from the bar :P If you get to the front of the balcony you get a really good view. There are usually only about 2 or 3 rows of people on it and it goes right the way around to the edges of the stage.

it's best for you to lead then , we just follow you, you know the place well ...great stuff:thumb_yello:

it's best for you to lead then , we just follow you, you know the place well ...great stuff:thumb_yello:

Eek! Okay - That means i'll get in the door before everyone else mwahaha

I'll try not to get us lost or stuck in a corner at the back.

Time-wise I reckon we should get there no later than 3.30/4.00. You can never really judge what time everyone else will arrive though. Might be worth someone local like me getting there a bit early to check every 30 mins or so.....

I have nothing better to do with my time :P I should be at college doing an exam but that's not gonna happen!

Yeh balcony looks great :thumb_yello:

There are about 7 bars dotted around though so you're never too far from one.

They've always been really strict on ID though. This will be the first time I can legally drink there!

Is it an A level exam you're missing Jennie? I've got my first AS exam the day before!

It's an AS resit so it's not that important really. They said we MUST go to every lesson in May because of the exams but ... meh. It's only one day (And I'm always off on Fridays anyway so I can sleep as late as I want the next day :P )