Taking the plunge

JackViolet

Hello, everybody!

I registered a few days ago, but had been trying not to post due to the fact that I already spend enough time listening to Mika, watching youtube vids, etc, and thought that I'd better keep what remains of my sanity and time to myself.

But then again, I also thought I'd wait a few weeks or so after first hearing "Grace Kelly" to buy the album, and instead ran out and bought it two days later. :blush-anim-cl: Literally ran, too.

Anyway, my sister first linked me to the music video after I asked for recommendations of music that sounded like 70s Queen, and while I wouldn't say that's exactly what Mika sounds like, I've been obsessed ever since. All my friends are tired of hearing about Mika. All the people I ran into who aren't my friends (including some well-known musicians I got to meet recently) are tired of hearing about Mika. (Because, of course, what else would I talk to them about?) Heck, Perez Hilton will soon be tired of hearing me talk about Mika. But I'm hoping you guys won't be. ;-)

Things I love about Mika other than the songs: his curly hair, because all the British singers I love have to have curly hair. (No, really, it's a pattern.) His suspenders/braces, because hey, that's what I wear! I have to like a man who shares my fashion taste. He even has my socks. Though thanks to you guys, I can know that we do NOT share the same taste in underwear.

I'm an American fan, and hoping Mika will indeed come back here this summer, because I first discovered him 3 days after he did the show in NY. (Dammit! I live by there.) I'm actually trying to figure out whether the job I am hoping to get for this summer will be flexible enough to allow me to attend his shows, and whether I should take it if it requires me to work evenings.

Yeah, it's bad.

Oh well, no cure for it, I suppose!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi JackViolet!

Haha!

Lovely introduction!

As you can maybe notice, I've done absolutely nothing to slow me down with my addiction... :naughty:

Even so, Im still very alive and happy as ever so It can't be that bad... :D

Hope to see you on the forums! :)