Mika's Tartan Trousers!

kath

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry about taking my time in letting you know if i got the braces in the town but bad news i failed the only light blue braces i could find had navy lines in them ! but i promise i will browse the net all tomorrow night until i find them i cant do it tonight has im shattered ive been in the town all day then to top that i came home & i had to move my stuff into a new house with my kiddies . well moving into my new pad is fantastic as now i can stay on my pc without worrying if i was gonna get caught with my ogre of a hubby chatting on here !

sorry about taking my time in letting you know if i got the braces in the town but bad news i failed the only light blue braces i could find had navy lines in them ! but i promise i will browse the net all tomorrow night until i find them i cant do it tonight has im shattered ive been in the town all day then to top that i came home & i had to move my stuff into a new house with my kiddies . well moving into my new pad is fantastic as now i can stay on my pc without worrying if i was gonna get caught with my ogre of a hubby chatting on here !

That is good news then Sheena, hopefully your life will get better now. I hope so.

Thanks for looking for the braces!

There is already a pic of the tartan on here??!!! I totally missed that!!

It was last Saturday Rainbow if that is any help. However, I am SURE there will be more pics this weekend!

Sheena, I have just tried to access your Myspace as I have to renew all my friends cos I lost them..........but it wouldn't show the page. can you request me please when you get chance? Ta muchly!

I'm just pulling up Mika's trews for you ladies -they were nearly on page 4 -:shocked: sorry Wendi to deprive you of this pleasure today but I just had to:naughty: been dying to do it just the once!!

GOOD LUCK with the trouser making this weekend you lot! I'm sure they will turn out fab. Looking forward to seeing the pics next week!

I'm just pulling up Mika's trews for you ladies -they were nearly on page 4 -:shocked: sorry Wendi to deprive you of this pleasure today but I just had to:naughty: been dying to do it just the once!!

GOOD LUCK with the trouser making this weekend you lot! I'm sure they will turn out fab. Looking forward to seeing the pics next week!

thank you ! Hope you enjoyed it!

We're not cutting tonight, as it turns out both our husbands are out gallavanting! I'm going to have a quick look at the pattern tonight, as it's more complicated than other patterns I've seen (as in, the sizes are all weird, need to see how we are going to get round that).

Wish me luck!

We're not cutting tonight, as it turns out both our husbands are out gallavanting! I'm going to have a quick look at the pattern tonight, as it's more complicated than other patterns I've seen (as in, the sizes are all weird, need to see how we are going to get round that).

Wish me luck!

wishing you luck!

:wink2:

have you heard from wendi?

she has not been on since yesterday - not like her!?

i hope she is ok!

wishing you luck!

:wink2:

have you heard from wendi?

she has not been on since yesterday - not like her!?

i hope she is ok!

no, haven't heard, see if she's on tonight. Hope so as I've got the whole night to myself, and will definitely be on here!

Yes - Leezy and GITB have the material - and we are meeting up on Sunday to sew them. Should be a good laugh. I think the girls are going to post a picture of them here when we have finished!!

There is a picture of the tartan on this thread somewhere - probably about 20 pages back!!

Yep, found the pic. :thumb_yello:

It's in the page 56 and 57 in case someone needs to have a look!

I thought the fabric was going to be all-red-tartan but this one looks good as well!

I don't think red or black braces would look that bad with the trousers as there's red and black stripes... :wink2:

Told my son I would be away on Sunday - when I told him what we were doing he looked at me very strangely and said "think I will go back to my room now, you are scaring me!!" (he is 25!!!)

I then told my boyfriend - and asked him if all gents trousers had to have special fabric at one side!!! "which side do you dress to sir?" would be what John Inman would have asked in "Are You Being Served" He nearly choked!!! :roftl: Was only joking - but he wondered how we would get that information about Mika!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao::roftl::biggrin2:

Told my son I would be away on Sunday - when I told him what we were doing he looked at me very strangely and said "think I will go back to my room now, you are scaring me!!" (he is 25!!!)

I then told my boyfriend - and asked him if all gents trousers had to have special fabric at one side!!! "which side do you dress to sir?" would be what John Inman would have asked in "Are You Being Served" He nearly choked!!! :roftl: Was only joking - but he wondered how we would get that information about Mika!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao::roftl::biggrin2:

I voulenteer you to ask him Wendi............just send a pm or start a 'which side does Mika dress thread!

I agree Satu, red braces would probably be ok.

When GITB and Leezy went for the material they couldn't get red but as you say, the blue is nice.

OK, no cutting out tonight............we will nail it on Sunday.........there's a thought, if we get desperate we may need to resort to nilas!

Waistband interface! I am in Dunfermline tomorrow morning so will go into a fabric shop and ask - as if i know what I'm talking about!!

Well remembered!

Yep, found the pic. :thumb_yello:

It's in the page 56 and 57 in case someone needs to have a look!

I thought the fabric was going to be all-red-tartan but this one looks good as well!

Thanks for that satu! I have no idea how I missed those pics!!

So looking forward to hearing all about it... hey, you girls should do a video: "THE MAKING OF THE TARTAN TROOSERS DOCUMENTARY". :roftl:

Thanks for that satu! I have no idea how I missed those pics!!

So looking forward to hearing all about it... hey, you girls should do a video: "THE MAKING OF THE TARTAN TROOSERS DOCUMENTARY". :roftl:

good idea............but I don't think it would be broadcastable, I am sure that Freddie would knock it off air the minute it arrived!

Leezy, I have printed out the directions and map from your website so hopefully I will be able to find you. Could you just hoist a large piece of tartan up above your house just in case I get lost!?