• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi:)

im new...obviously.

uhmmmm a little about me. im 17 years old. ive been a mika fan for a year or so now. im currently in my last year of highschool (thank goodness) and i hope to go to australia for a year to study photography :)

im new...obviously.

uhmmmm a little about me. im 17 years old. ive been a mika fan for a year or so now. im currently in my last year of highschool (thank goodness) and i hope to go to australia for a year to study photography :)

The Australia trip sounds awesome!

Did you go to the Mod Club last year or is this going to be your first Mika gig?

I POSTED THIS ON THE NEWS PART TOO!

IT GETS BETTER EVERY DAY!!!WOOOW!

Mika Article In Vancouver Georgia Straight!

http://www.straight.com/article-1285...oming-concerts

QUITE FUNNY!

OTHER ARTISTS OF NOTE TOO!:

1. written in Todays Georgia Straight Paper in Vancouver

MIKA

Pop singers don’t come much more flamboyant than Mica Penniman, whose multi-octave vocal range and high-energy performance style have won him a fan base that would make the Scissor Sisters jealous. Although Mika refuses to discuss his sexuality, we’re pretty sure we know what he’s getting at when he sings about “suckin’ too hard on your lollipop”. When and where: February 15 at the Orpheum Theatre. Suggested retail price: $39.50 plus service charges. What we’d be willing to trade tickets for: A complete set of The Judy Garland Show on DVD. Fan profile: Anyone who TiVo’d the latest Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show strictly to bask in the glory of the reunited Spice Girls. Appropriate attire: A sleeveless Liza Minnelli T-shirt with a colour-coordinated feather boa. What you’ll walk away with: Reassurance that everything is going to be just fabulous

2. From the Livevancouver music site under more info:

ONSALE: Saturday Dec. 15th at 10am! (old news obviously)

***Festive Attire Requested***

so cute!

3. Some other contest to Win Mika tickets! will let you know in a sec!

Hello all!!

What's happening tonight?:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: Wow am I ever relentless with getting to the second Canadian Thread

well, actually, real life kicked in tonight... my niece, hubby and 3 sons came over for supper, so i had to entertain lol and since none of us made it to our yearly new years`party because of bad weather, we celebrated together.

actully, she is the niece that i`m taking to the concert in 9 DAYS BABY!!!

she only knew 5 Mika songs, but wanted to go so bad.. i had to lend her my cd so she can hear the other ones... needless to say, i will share the cd for her to listen to, but not ready to part from the dvd lol btw, she watched it tonight too, while her hubby was rolling his eyes to the sky lol

:naughty: :naughty:

more interesting listings of MIKA"s concert!

They have them listed in types of Asian events!

His is listed under West Asian! its the only entry there!

wow:)

thought that was cool! :)

its a nice little mini description too!

http://www.asianpacificpost.com/portal2/c1ee8c44178a1d3a01178a7888f90044_Community_Calendar__Jan_17th__2008.do.html

im new...obviously.

Welcome to the Canadian Thread ! I shall add your name to the main post ! :D

DON'T IGNORE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tears:

why you feel ignored ???

well, actually, real life kicked in tonight... my niece, hubby and 3 sons came over for supper, so i had to entertain lol and since none of us made it to our yearly new years`party because of bad weather, we celebrated together.

actully, she is the niece that i`m taking to the concert in 9 DAYS BABY!!!

she only knew 5 Mika songs, but wanted to go so bad.. i had to lend her my cd so she can hear the other ones... needless to say, i will share the cd for her to listen to, but not ready to part from the dvd lol btw, she watched it tonight too, while her hubby was rolling his eyes to the sky lol

:naughty: :naughty:

hey there guylaine ! it's been a while since we've seen you here !! looking forward to next monday ?

And now...an ode...

Ohh, Canada! Our home and native land!

In eight short daaays

We'll see Mika and his band!

With flashing hearts

We'll queue for hours

Just to hear him play

From far and wide

Oh Me-ee-ka

We're counting down the days!

:punk:

Brilliant ! I love it !!! :punk: :punk:

:roftl: :roftl:

And now...an ode...

Ohh, Canada! Our home and native land!

In eight short daaays

We'll see Mika and his band!

With flashing hearts

We'll queue for hours

Just to hear him play

From far and wide

Oh Me-ee-ka

We're counting down the days!

:punk:

Nice! :thumb_yello:

Can't believe he's really coming here. Feels like his last visit was another lifetime ago.

Nice! :thumb_yello:

Can't believe he's really coming here. Feels like his last visit was another lifetime ago.

*bows*

I can't believe it either, especially being a Mika virgin. I have no idea what to expect! :shocked:

I can't wait to hear the reports from Montreal and Toronto, 'specially since Luke implied in his MySpace bulletin that they've been rehearsing a lot - extra rehearsing = new elements? :biggrin2:

I'm supposed to be doing homework right now - mass media studies.

Question 3: "Do the media suck out your juice, leaving you empty and stupid on the couch?"?

Hmmm...:mf_rosetinted:

First of all, don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Secondly, aren't you going to any of the concerts?

I went through a getting-bored phase in October. I remember someone started a thread about it and we were all kind of whining. And then those pics of him at the Q Awards came out :shocked:

A couple of days later that incredible video of How Much Do You Love Me. And that was it for me. I have not come down through this whole Dodgy Holiday Tour and I don't see things settling down again until March when the London shows are over and he finally goes off to make an album.

Of course every time I think it's getting boring something else happens.

are you going to a Mika ? cause if you do you're mikalove will come back to haunt you...

I'm not going to any concerts :tears:

It doesn't really bother me that people bug me about it.. it just gets old I guess. I hope something new happens around here :wink2:

*bows*

I can't believe it either, especially being a Mika virgin. I have no idea what to expect! :shocked:

I can't wait to hear the reports from Montreal and Toronto, 'specially since Luke implied in his MySpace bulletin that they've been rehearsing a lot - extra rehearsing = new elements? :biggrin2:

I'm supposed to be doing homework right now - mass media studies.

Question 3: "Do the media suck out your juice, leaving you empty and stupid on the couch?"?

Hmmm...:mf_rosetinted:

Ha, why does that question make me think of Mika watching Holly Oaks?

Yeah Luke and the rehearsals...very interesting turn of events (err...possibly!) Guess he thinks he should step it up for Montreal.

We got Holy Johnny last time. It will be pretty exciting if he pulls something new out for us again.

I guess we'll hear from the girls in the queue in Toronto about what happened at Montreal. I think I don't want to see any pics or videos before the show. It would be a great surprise if it was something completely new - even a cover.

I'm not going to any concerts :tears:

It doesn't really bother me that people bug me about it.. it just gets old I guess. I hope something new happens around here :wink2:

Aw I'm sorry about the concerts. :tears: That sucks.

Edit - Forgot he was going to NRJ...not coming on Friday.

That's encouraging.

It's just that so much has changed since then. I wasn't even really a fan when I went to see him, so it seems like another time.

NEWSFLASH - Luke has posted that they're leaving on Friday. Unless they're landing in the US and doing some other stuff first that sounds like 5 days in Canada to me so hopefully he's going to do some press after all.

:yay:

It's just that so much has changed since then. I wasn't even really a fan when I went to see him, so it seems like another time.

I know it's going to be forever until I see him then

I know it's going to be forever until I see him then

You never know what's going to happen. He was booked to do Canadian Idol last year. He only had to cancel because he was sick all the time, but you never know what could come up in the future.

Welcome to the Canadian Thread ! I shall add your name to the main post ! :D

why you feel ignored ???

hey there guylaine ! it's been a while since we've seen you here !! looking forward to next monday ?

ohhhhhhhhh i've been around!!!! i CAN'T wait til next monday! 8 days baby!!

really looking forward to the show and meeting everyone!

Ha, why does that question make me think of Mika watching Holly Oaks?

Yeah Luke and the rehearsals...very interesting turn of events (err...possibly!) Guess he thinks he should step it up for Montreal.

We got Holy Johnny last time. It will be pretty exciting if he pulls something new out for us again.

I guess we'll hear from the girls in the queue in Toronto about what happened at Montreal. I think I don't want to see any pics or videos before the show. It would be a great surprise if it was something completely new - even a cover.

Aw I'm sorry about the concerts. :tears: That sucks.

yeah for sure they'll have to step it up for Montréal since they're playing in such a big venue !! I'm really curious to see how the show is gonna turn out in this ginormous venue !.... so you want to be surprised.... so you want us not to tell you what happened in Montréal while we're queuing ?

ohhhhhhhhh i've been around!!!! i CAN'T wait til next monday! 8 days baby!!

really looking forward to the show and meeting everyone!

I guess it's rather me who's not around much these days lllol:naughty:

yeah for sure they'll have to step it up for Montréal since they're playing in such a big venue !! I'm really curious to see how the show is gonna turn out in this ginormous venue !.... so you want to be surprised.... so you want us not to tell you what happened in Montréal while we're queuing ?

No I'd like to hear about it. Just not see videos if he's doing something really different like a new song.