The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

Gosh, yes. I see what you mean. But, on the bright side, there's the new album to look forward to!

I'm definitely looking forward to that. But it's really going to be almost a change of lifestyle for me. By the end of February I will have been making plans to see Mika for 7 or 8 months. Pretty much November-February will have been consumed with trips and gigs.

With no more concerts on the horizon I have to do something else with my time.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, because I can't afford to chase him around the world anymore. I've used so much money and vacation time already. I've seen him in 3 different countries now...:naughty:

But his next album will not be soon enough and unless I win the lottery some time this year, it will not be until likely next year (2009) that I will see him at a concert again. :thumbdown:

Oh wow, I hadn't realized you'd seen him so many times, in so many places, all over the world!!! No wonder you're staying home! I, on the other hand, have never seen him - not once! So I'm pretty excited about February 15th!!!

So what's the scoop on this new album?

So what's the scoop on this new album?

There isn't much of one. He was misquoted as saying he expected it to be "brilliant" and seems to have said it will be a "hurricane", so I've dubbed it the Brilliant Hurricane. :naughty:

It will contain How Much Do You Love Me? but that's all we know for sure.

He's supposed to start work on it soon because VFest in Australia made a statement that he was cancelling the festivals in April because he would need more time to work on the album. He's made some conflicting statements on this and keeps indicating that other people want him to get this album out but he doesn't want to rush it.

There isn't much of one. He was misquoted as saying he expected it to be "brilliant" and seems to have said it will be a "hurricane", so I've dubbed it the Brilliant Hurricane. :naughty:

It will contain How Much Do You Love Me? but that's all we know for sure.

He's supposed to start work on it soon because VFest in Australia made a statement that he was cancelling the festivals in April because he would need more time to work on the album. He's made some conflicting statements on this and keeps indicating that other people want him to get this album out but he doesn't want to rush it.

where do I go to get all these kinds of news about him?

I'll answer both you, englishrose, and Suzy at the same time.... I'm "home" meaning here in the Canadian Thread, MFC, Reality, "sanity" (if you can call it that!) LOL! OR NOT!!!:roftl:

I feel like I haven't been on FOREVER!!! Just have been going through some incredibly hard times (so what else is new????) but starting to feel better... got myself a new doctor and - la piece de resistence - LESS THAN 1 MONTH 'TIL MIKA!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:punk::thumb_yello: You guys must be absolutely s****ing yourselves now at this point!!!!!

she's home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!welcome home sweety!:punk: :punk: :wub2: :wub2:

she's home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!welcome home sweety!:punk:

HELLO SWEETEST FRIEND!:huglove: YES! It feels fantastic to be in the land of the living once again!!!!

ANYONE WANT TO GO TO THE SEATTLE CONCERT! ITS SOLD OUT!

JOIN ME IN VANCOUVER!!!!!!!!:wub2:

WOW! Seattle sold out!!! Amazing!!!:thumb_yello: Not at all surprised though!

I am getting SOOOOOOOOOOOO PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow::thumb_yello: :blush-anim- ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO SWEETEST FRIEND!:huglove: YES! It feels fantastic to be in the land of the living once again!!!!

WOW! Seattle sold out!!! Amazing!!!:thumb_yello: Not at all surprised though!

I am getting SOOOOOOOOOOOO PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow::thumb_yello: :blush-anim- ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would have called you, but got home too late. choir meetings and things.

I have news...I officially have a friend who I converted to MIKA in town!

She was so excited that I lent her the DVD...she wants to do MIKA's Astrology Chart! He is very special she says and she feels so full of life because of him!

Natasha is so nice...we sing together in the summer! We are going to watch the DVD together at my place the day before I leave to get in the mood!

woow! we sang Lollipop together on the phone! she lives near me too by a few blocks!

she's home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!welcome home sweety!:punk: :punk: :wub2: :wub2:

ANYONE WANT TO GO TO THE SEATTLE CONCERT! ITS SOLD OUT!

JOIN ME IN VANCOUVER!!!!!!!!:wub2: :wub2:

i would have called you, but got home too late. choir meetings and things.

I have news...I officially have a friend who I converted to MIKA in town!

She was so excited that I lent her the DVD...she wants to do MIKA's Astrology Chart! He is very special she says and she feels so full of life because of him!

Natasha is so nice...we sing together in the summer! We are going to watch the DVD together at my place the day before I leave to get in the mood!

woow! we sang Lollipop together on the phone! she lives near me too by a few blocks!

Oh, that's sooo great! It's always so wonderful when we convert the newbies! LOL!:thumb_yello:

You may be far from Toronto but look how close you are to England! You'd have more chances to see him there. Just a much longer ferry ride. :wink2:

Do you know many Mika fans or are you the only lonely one?

Sad but true about being closer to England! I have converted a few friends....I have yet to find someone as immediately infatuated as I...hence getting nice and comfy in this little area. And now that I found you lovely folks, you won't get rid of me *bwahahahaha*

hi ashtea! welcome to our little heaven! pull up a chair... you'll like it here!

my best friend used to live in nfld, she thought it was beautiful!

save your pretty pennies and join us next year... if he comes back!

not if he comes back, WHEN HE COMES BACK! :P

I'm a huge fan of hawksley workman and he came to little old Newfoundland and feel in love with the place. He's coming back for around once a year..which is great! It's a pretty small area but there is a lot of love! *starts to freak out when she realizes that she's going to see him for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canada is a beautiful place to live. I live on the west coast and with the sunshine this week and the mountains so clear, it's just been an awesome sight! :)

agreed! Although, the sun can be very deceiving... might as well snow it's so cold.

I lobe toronto. So...polluted and homeless people begigng for money. but besides that i love the highway

i dont like toronto much just because of the fact that i hate concrete :P but come on..vancouver is much worse for the homeless i find :(

Canada is a beautiful place to live. I live on the west coast and with the sunshine this week and the mountains so clear, it's just been an awesome sight! :)

Where on the West Coast? I'm in North Vancouver. And yeah, it's gorgeous here this week - but cold... my fingers feel a bit numb on the old keyboard tonight... not typing quite so fast...:wink2:

Where on the West Coast? I'm in North Vancouver. And yeah, it's gorgeous here this week - but cold... my fingers feel a bit numb on the old keyboard tonight... not typing quite so fast...:wink2:

Gawd, I know. It's freeeeeeezing. We've got a nice fire going though :biggrin2:

I don't think I'd be very good at living in Quebec or Alberta during the winter.