The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

Greetings All!

So who is opening for Mika in Vancouver on February 15th? Last year they had Sara Bareilles.... I would die and go to heaven if Sia opened for Mika here. Has anyone here heard of her? GENIUS - SHEER BRILLIANCE!!! Another one of Mr. Perez's introductions...... or how 'bout Operator Please - ???? Un-f***ing believable! Teenagers with a sense and a style (and not to forget talent, too, please...) has thrust this group in a meteoric rise to the cosmos. Anyone of these performers would be genuinely welcomed to our fair city, as well as complement and showcase our Main Man's brilliance. So Sara, Sia, Operator Please or Whomever, you are cordially invited to enjoy our beautiful, best-of-all-worlds, mountain, oceans, ski in the morning and play golf in the afternoon lifestyle and habitat. Hey! A lot of people I've known over the years come out here for 2 weeks vacation - never to be seen or heard from again.....???:blink:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greetings All!

So who is opening for Mika in Vancouver on February 15th? Last year they had Sara Bareilles.... I would die and go to heaven if Sia opened for Mika here. Has anyone here heard of her? GENIUS - SHEER BRILLIANCE!!! Another one of Mr. Perez's introductions...... or how 'bout Operator Please - ???? Un-f***ing believable! Teenagers with a sense and a style (and not to forget talent, too, please...) has thrust this group in a meteoric rise to the cosmos. Anyone of these performers would be genuinely welcomed to our fair city, as well as complement and showcase our Main Man's brilliance. So Sara, Sia, Operator Please or Whomever, you are cordially invited to enjoy our beautiful, best-of-all-worlds, mountain, oceans, ski in the morning and play golf in the afternoon lifestyle and habitat. Hey! A lot of people I've known over the years come out here for 2 weeks vacation - never to be seen or heard from again.....???:blink:

these guys!!!!!!! They sound like Ben Folds! THE MIDWAY STATE!

They are from Toronto!!!!!!!

http://www.themidwaystate.com/news/default.aspx?nid=9517

I looked at it again (and again!). Last item on the list is Seattle - Feb.14th. Absolutely no mention of Vancouver. Check it again if you don't believe me.

scroll down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with the mouse!!!

Has anyone heard anything about interviews on Much Music or in Musique Plus in Montreal? maybe other tv shows in Montreal before Monday? I have like 6 channels, so I don't know, but I would like to know.

Nope, I have the same 6 channels as you :bleh:

Not much!

But im super exicted, im going to the Kalan Porter concert in Feburary

My 2nd favorite singer...

:naughty:

heheh

(its the closest I can get to Mika, he has curly hair!)

I never really got into him. :blush-anim-cl:

Quick - find me a YouTube link that will convert me into a Kalan fan in 36 seconds or less. :naughty:

HELLO PEOPLE !!!!!!! WHAT A GOOD DAY THIS IS !!!!!

Canada is a beautiful place to live. I live on the west coast and with the sunshine this week and the mountains so clear, it's just been an awesome sight! :)

Hey welcome here !!! I shall add your name to the main post !

ive been living in quebec during the winter forever and im still not good at it. :roftl:

You never get used to it

Has anyone heard anything about interviews on Much Music or in Musique Plus in Montreal? maybe other tv shows in Montreal before Monday? I have like 6 channels, so I don't know, but I would like to know.

I haven't heard of anything either....

Hello everyone! I am probably really annoying everyone with it and I'm surely spamming the forums (please don't call the mods :shocked:) but there might be some MFCers who have not heard of this here yet and who might like to participate! MM is real fun! Getting my parcel from MM part 1 was definitely one of the best and most gorgeous things that happened to me last year! :yay:

Check out the Mika Mail 2 project by clicking on the candy!

candy20jar20mix3zw7.jpg

Good morning fellow Canadians...or friends of Canadians..or people interested in us Canadians...it's snowing here on the rock...nice fluffy Christmas snow....loving it!

How's life....everyone start with a good breakfast?

HEY EVERYONE! TO GET IN THE SPIRIT ( AND THAT IS WHAT IS ABBUNDANT AS OF LATE!)

WOOHOOO! NEW AWESOME CONTEST!

Win a Mika prize pack.

IN CONCERT February 15 at the Orpheum Theatre

“Beck via Queen and Elton John with a touch of Rufus Wainwright … a one-man Scissor Sisters.”

Mika’s irresistible debut CD ‘Life In Cartoon Motion’ has been winning him fans and accolades around the world for it’s funky, quirky, grandiose pop sound. Fun, smart, musically adventurous and thematically provocative, the Grammy and 4-time Brit Awards nominated album (including Best British Album and Best Male Solo Artist) features the hits “Grace Kelly,” “Relax (Take It Easy),” “Love Today” and “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful).”

”Britain’s newest music sensation. The biggest voiced, most dash-cutting male to arrive since Freddie Mercury.” – Elle

Experience Mika’s flamboyant live show on his new DVD ‘Live In Cartoon Motion,’ featuring a full concert, exclusive tour documentary, plus music videos and acoustic performances … and don’t miss Mika’s first live performance in Vancouver – Friday, February 15th at The Orpheum Theatre.

Prizing:

Concert tickets

Mika's CD 'Life In Cartoon Motion'

Mika's DVD 'Live In Cartoon Motion'

For your chance to win enter your details below along with the answer to this skill testing question:

What is the title of the first song on Mika's 'Life In Cartoon Motion' CD

COME ONE! LETS GET IT SOLD OUT!

One prize per winner. Georgia Straight contest winners during last 30 days are ineligible to enter.

Contest Deadline: February 12, 2008

Event Date: Friday, February 15th at The Orpheum Theatre

Winners will be notified within 5 business days of the drawing date.

No purchase necessary. Contests are open to all residents of British Columbia only, except employees of the sponsor(s) and its/ their subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate families. Entrants under the legal age of majority are eligible to win provided that the winning entrant’s parent or legal guardian accepts the prize on his/her behalf. Correct answer to a skill-testing question required to win. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.

Winners must collect the prize in person and bring valid photo ID.

Click here for full details and rules