my thoughts on the state of the press so far

Steph

During the past few days I’ve had to reason with quite a few people who were quite negative about Mika and some djs are publically poking fun at mika on air so I have since sat down to think about this properly and I looked at piece again which I wrote a few weeks back….

It is still as acurate yto today, even more so now I feel….

Here’s what I think the problem is :

Mika had appeared from nowhere and jumped straight to no1 with a single and video which is so different to anything seen before….(few know that he had an uphill struggle with the music industry for many years because he refused to be moulded into a ‘designer box’

Mika is very gifted, he can play an instrument to perfection and he can use his voice in various ways to suit his songs….. this is unusual and scares people, solo artists are supposed to sing melodramatic ballards…this frightens people…

Mika is a true performer, he can deliver his songs with so much energy that this again makes the onlooker uneasy ….

|Mika does not conform to the sometimes very conservative music iindustry’s idea of safe music for solo artists , he fights for his ideas and makes sure they are fully represented ….It again scares the ones in the knowhow…

Mika wrote a supherb concept album which few people took the trouble to understand for what it is, the album goes full circle and his songs are a modern portrait of our society. He delivers his songs in a way he sees best to get accross, …People only hear and see the songs as ‘overthetop pop’ and again it scares them

Mika speaks very distinctly and he comes accross as very educated, through his many changes in his childhood he has travelled a great dea and gained much life experience which reflects in his music, which again sets him apart and ….people misread this as arrogant…

DJ’s have compared his ‘priviledged’ background to that of the Chiefs, is that a crime?

Mika wears very colourful clothes and he has a great sense of style..his own wacky style,..people are again frightened by this because, although many would like to dare do so too, they cannot let go…

Mika is a supherb performer and his deliveries are colourful because he wants his fans to let their hair down….again this scares people because they would like to let go too and yet they can’t

with ‘love today’ Mika has brough out another top pop single which is about to sit in the top 10 for another few weeks, this again is not to the taste of the ’so called progressive ‘djs

Lastly…..Mika has all the looks , charm , sustance and sex appeal and ….people are envious of these too

My conclusion is that he will have to fight all the way because conservative Britain is not ready for him, not really! But I know that he will fight and he will win!!!

Ps ..His album will probably become an all-time classic in 10 years time when the industry has finally woken up….

About the press: First they build you up just to knock you down

steph

post-819-142983654096_thumb.gif

post-819-142983654097_thumb.gif

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the point of this ?!

You also have to accept that people can hate Mika not because they are (too) conservative but simply because they hate his music...

And there is nothing to fight for...I mean I don't see the point of what you said about this... Mika was platinum within a few weeks and Grace Kelly is the best selling single of thr year for the moment... I call that a success. When you're successful you get popular but also criticised... Look at Madonna... It's logical because everybody knows him! I'm on TV and I want to make a joke: well i won't make one against someone that is unknown to the viewers...

My take is that, eventhough we love love Mika so much and want everyone to love love him the same, not everyone will. In my case, I'm getting on all my friends nerves, because of my trying to convince them about our beloved Mika.. but oh well ,, their loss.. they dont know what they are missing

But i really think that all artist who sing or create anything different are looked upon in that way.. not everyone is open minded to new or different things, especially if they have to do with reality.. they rather accept some guy singing about bootylicous girls and all the money and sex guys have and jewels and cars..(?) but that is not real... real is... being gay, abortion, obesity, not fitting in, having a hard time growing up. When someone like Mika comes along and sings about this stuff people feel uneasy and closeminded... which i think is a shame..

You say Britain is not ready yet - what should I say about ignorant Germany then? Always behind....:bleh:

I guess it's the same here!

But so far everything I heard or read about Mika is very positive. Compared to the English press ours is very nice and kind, and always respecting the feelings and privacy of performers.

You're right in every way, Steph, love it when you defend our Mika like that! That's what fans are for!!!:thumb_yello:

What's the point of this ?!

You also have to accept that people can hate Mika not because they are (too) conservative but simply because they hate his music...

And there is nothing to fight for...I mean I don't see the point of what you said about this... Mika was platinum within a few weeks and Grace Kelly is the best selling single of thr year for the moment... I call that a success. When you're successful you get popular but also criticised... Look at Madonna... It's logical because everybody knows him! I'm on TV and I want to make a joke: well i won't make one against someone that is unknown to the viewers...

I couldn't agree more! :) I'm afraid that the worst is yet to come, bad-press-wise.