MIKA on MTV VMA Japan on 05.26

hydevilist

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hydevilist I am curious why you are so interested in Mika in Japan, do you have friends or family here?

I know VMAJ will be broadcast live on MTV Japan (see the other calendar listing for the times) but I think yahoo japan will also have live streaming.

http://www.vmaj2007.com/about/redcarpetshow.html

He will perform life from the red carpet on May 26th. I wonder what song he will perform though. Other artist that will be performing on the red carper is AI.

MIKA is gonna FREAK:roftl: when he goes to Japan. If he's an otaku like I thought he is, HE WILL FREAK!

Maybe he will sing Love Today?! But it doesn't even matter because everything that he does that's always fantastic! :thumb_yello:

Why do you think he's an otaku? We know he loves tamagotchis and toys, so he'll definitely have fun there, but an otaku specifically?

Oh man, I hope he visits Harajuku and Shinjuku and gets himself some fun new clothing there though... he would love some of the shoes they have (or so I imagine).

--Jack

JackViolet-> I dunno. I have this fascination with the whole otaku subculture, i guess. And knowing that Mika spent a few hundred pounds for a japanese robot (maybe Gundam or Evangelion or other Mecha) kinda makes him an otaku in my book :bleh:

I know that most japanese think being called an otaku is an insult but I think that otakus are misrepresentated sometimes. Like me I call myself MIKA otaku and L'Arc~en~Ciel otaku :roftl: and I call Mika an otaku not in an insultive way but in the most endearing way :thumb_yello:

One thing that I kinda get from otakus are the fact that they don't really care about what people say about them, no matter how weird people think they are. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's our Mika right there :blush-anim-cl:

Pamette -> sadly he hasn't come to Indonesia to do promo. There are some magazines feature articles about him but only general info, you know. I think he's still concentrating on making it in the US, so I guess the rest of the world has to wait :bleh: being exposed in the US is a good thing so then the rest of the world will catch up.

C'MON MIKA DO AN ASIAN PROMO TOUR! :punk: even the chances of him coming to Indonesia is really small that's okay,I could always go to Singapore or Malaysia

JackViolet-> I dunno. I have this fascination with the whole otaku subculture, i guess. And knowing that Mika spent a few hundred pounds for a japanese robot (maybe Gundam or Evangelion or other Mecha) kinda makes him an otaku in my book :bleh:

I know that most japanese think being called an otaku is an insult but I think that otakus are misrepresentated sometimes. Like me I call myself MIKA otaku and L'Arc~en~Ciel otaku :roftl: and I call Mika an otaku not in an insultive way but in the most endearing way :thumb_yello:

One thing that I kinda get from otakus are the fact that they don't really care about what people say about them, no matter how weird people think they are. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's our Mika right there :blush-anim-cl:

Oh, I didn't think you were trying to insult him--I was rather a bit of an anime otaku myself back in highschool days (I did cosplay! and I still have several thousand dollars' worth of now-totally useless anime vhs lying around), but I just think his interest in such things is likely more that of a casual/moderate fan with access to spending money than a trueblue otaku. :-)

--Jack

Blue Sky, no don't have any families and friends there, I'm just a japan otaku tahaha *dork* I'm a fan of jrock, jpop, japanese culture, food and japanese everything and obsessed with L'Arc~en~Ciel (a japanese rock band) been wanting to see them live, like, forever. SO, my life is kinda gravitate toward on what's happening in Japan. Wait, that's sounds like I follow japanese trends religiously. But, no, I just your regular dork next door.

Strike that, jealous dork, you're going to MTV VMA Japan! Please report to us on the MIKA performance.

I will do my best for the MTV awards here, but they will be broadcast live (I posted the links before) and then there will definitely be videos on the MTV site later. It is in the Saitama Super arena, so no vids from me, Mika will be like a tiny dot on the stage!! I am just going to enjoy the whole atmosphere thing.

If I knew more jpop people might enjoy gawking at them to, but sorry I don't know many at all (must be the age thing)!!:biggrin2:

http://www.vmaj2007.com/about/redcarpetshow.html

He will perform life from the red carpet on May 26th. I wonder what song he will perform though. Other artist that will be performing on the red carper is AI.

MIKA is gonna FREAK:roftl: when he goes to Japan. If he's an otaku like I thought he is, HE WILL FREAK!

Mika otaku...ahhhhhh mikataku:naughty:

Hydevilist I am curious why you are so interested in Mika in Japan, do you have friends or family here?

I know VMAJ will be broadcast live on MTV Japan (see the other calendar listing for the times) but I think yahoo japan will also have live streaming.

yey. are you going to see him?