OMG, ive just realized mika and i were in the same place three years ago

valv

ive just realized that mika and i were both in the tube system in london during july 7th 2005 :shocked: which is a shock for me cause im an american and i was only going to edinburgh for the g8 summit, i happened upon london because some friends of mine wanted to go so i followed them down there and ive just read that relax was written about his experience during the attacks. i am shocked!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive just read that relax was written about his experience during the attacks. i am shocked!

Wow, I didn't know that... =S

The first line always made me automatically think of the tube, but I had no idea it was inspired by July the 7th.

Aiyaa, how scary...

ive just realized that mika and i were both in the tube system in london during july 7th 2005 :shocked: which is a shock for me cause im an american and i was only going to edinburgh for the g8 summit, i happened upon london because some friends of mine wanted to go so i followed them down there and ive just read that relax was written about his experience during the attacks. i am shocked!

It may have been about his experience during the attacks, but all of the attacks weren't on the tube, some were on buses and many of us had 'experiences' that day despite not being involved. I was actually driving on the M25 and my car radio was in the garage being repaired so no music or news. On the roadside signs, the ones that tell you of delays, they all just said 'Central London closed' which is a really bizarre statement. I couldn't find out what was going on either - no radio.

Of course it was all over the news for days afterwards, so really everyone felt involved, especially those who knew and frequented the areas where the bombs went off. Everyone was affected by it, but of course some more than others. A shocking time.

Coming back to Mika though, he must have seen it on the news because he was actually on holiday in Butlins at Minehead at the time. :mf_rosetinted:

Sorry to disappoint you.

It may have been about his experience during the attacks, but all of the attacks weren't on the tube, some were on buses and many of us had 'experiences' that day despite not being involved. I was actually driving on the M25 and my car radio was in the garage being repaired so no music or news. On the roadside signs, the ones that tell you of delays, they all just said 'Central London closed' which is a really bizarre statement. I couldn't find out what was going on either - no radio.

Of course it was all over the news for days afterwards, so really everyone felt involved, especially those who knew and frequented the areas where the bombs went off. Everyone was affected by it, but of course some more than others. A shocking time.

Coming back to Mika though, he must have seen it on the news because he was actually on holiday in Butlins at Minehead at the time. :mf_rosetinted:

Sorry to disappoint you.

:shocked: I won't listen to this song in the same way I listened to it before.

How do you know he was on holidays? He said that in the interview?

Sorry to disappoint you.

I'm not disappointed he wasn't there! It hurt so many people

my mistake, though i couldve sworn i read an interview that said he was alone in the tube when it happened and that he had to be evacuated too. good for him that he wasnt though!