Mini MFCer on the way!!!!!

sunshine931

My mum was in the middle of a curry when her waters broke with me :roftl::roftl:

Which begs the question:

Do you like eating curry? Because maybe it meant you liked it so much that you had to come out. Or, on the flipside, you were getting fed curry inside through the umbilical cord/placenta and couldn't stand it and had to come out.

:naughty:

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May 21st will make her a Gemini. :mf_rosetinted:

:biggrin2:

No, but seriously - I had both my kids at least one week early. There are ways to speed things up (so they say). But if everything is going fine in there, then that is all you can ask for.

Besides, carrying Rosalie inside you is really the easiest way to care of a baby. :wink2:

hahahahhahahaha yes!

gemini pls...yes! :blush-anim-cl: but it will take too long i'm afraid :teehee:

Which begs the question:

Do you like eating curry? Because maybe it meant you liked it so much that you had to come out. Or, on the flipside, you were getting fed curry inside through the umbilical cord/placenta and couldn't stand it and had to come out.

:naughty:

I like a chicken korma :naughty: I hate, hate, HATE spicy food. How can anyone enjoy having their mouth burned?

Edited by CazGirl

this reminded me of that episode of Friends when Rachel is due and tired of pregnancy but baby also doesn't show any sings of getting out soon, so she and Ross are advised to try some techniques to speed up the baby :teehee: spicy food and...such :teehee::wink2:

lol yeah a lot of people told me about this episode... I have to find it

May 21st will make her a Gemini. :mf_rosetinted:

:biggrin2:

No, but seriously - I had both my kids at least one week early. There are ways to speed things up (so they say). But if everything is going fine in there, then that is all you can ask for.

Besides, carrying Rosalie inside you is really the easiest way to care of a baby. :wink2:

May 21st ugh that's tooooo far away!! lol I know it's the easiest way to take care of her :naughty:... but I can't wait to see her little face

I've heard about so many tricks to speed things up but I know people who've tried them and it doesn't always work...

Aaahhhh you are making me n e r v o u s now! Everytime I see you on here, I wonder if you are posting that you are in labor (or your water just broke) and you are on the way to the hospital! :doh:

. . . those old tales do not work :mf_rosetinted: My neice is also preggers and do ANY s e c o n d . . . and she has BEEN trying all that mess. NOTHING has worked! :rolls_eyes: Still funny to hear her tell me all of the craziness she has been trying! :roftl:

May 11th, 2010

we had a false alarm during the night...

I was having contractions every 10 minutes... so I decided to take a bath (they say that if you take a bath and the contractions continue and speed up and get more intense, then it's real labor, if not, they will slow down). My contractions got more intense in the bath and peeked at every 3 minutes... so we thought "this is it!" I ate something, my bf too, he got his things ready... I went to the living room and sat down... and the contractions started to slow down...

It was the middle of the night so I was really tired... so I just sat there and the contractions slowly stopped and I fell asleep...

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed :( I thought that was it and I would finally get to meet my little girl! And my poor bf didn't get much sleep and now has to work today...

Oh well, better luck next time I guess!

May 11th, 2010

I was having contractions every 10 minutes... so I decided to take a bath (they say that if you take a bath and the contractions continue and speed up and get more intense, then it's real labor, if not, they will slow down). My contractions got more intense in the bath and peeked at every 3 minutes... so we thought "this is it!" I ate something, my bf too, he got his things ready... I went to the living room and sat down... and the contractions started to slow down...

It was the middle of the night so I was really tired... so I just sat there and the contractions slowly stopped and I fell asleep...

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed :( I thought that was it and I would finally get to meet my little girl! And my poor bf didn't get much sleep and now has to work today...

No no no this is GOOD news!! Very good news!!! She'll be out any day now :thumb_yello::wub2::woot_jump:

Aaahhhh you are making me n e r v o u s now! Everytime I see you on here, I wonder if you are posting that you are in labor (or your water just broke) and you are on the way to the hospital! :doh:

. . . those old tales do not work :mf_rosetinted: My neice is also preggers and do ANY s e c o n d . . . and she has BEEN trying all that mess. NOTHING has worked! :rolls_eyes: Still funny to hear her tell me all of the craziness she has been trying! :roftl:

yeah... I guess we gotta let nature decide when it's time!

May 11th, 2010

It is VERY common to have Braxton Hicks at the very end of pregnancy! After all your body is GETTING READY :clap: With my first one - I was at the hospital at least 3 times at the end - and sent home each time. My son was 5 days late. The LAST time I went to the hospital (they sent me HOME) when I got HOME . . it kicked in FOR REAL, and I spent my entire labor all alone in my room banging my head against the wall <literally> (I was only 17) we made it to the hospital the next morning and he was born a mere 20 minutes later! WHAT A DAY/NIGHT/DAY! :naughty:

yeah... I guess we gotta let nature decide when it's time!

I watched a program on Discovery Health Channel last week - I forget what it was called - but, it was all about a baby from conception to birth. It was SO interesting and I learned SO much that I did not KNOW! :aah: It turns out that it is entirely THE BABY that decides when it is TIME to be born! Seriously. When the lungs are completely mature - the baby releases a hormone that starts labor. EVERYTHING about pregnancy/birth is truly SUCH a miracle!!!! :wub2:

It is VERY common to have Braxton Hicks at the very end of pregnancy! After all your body is GETTING READY :clap: With my first one - I was at the hospital at least 3 times at the end - and sent home each time. My son was 5 days late. The LAST time I went to the hospital (they sent me HOME) when I got HOME . . it kicked in FOR REAL, and I spent my entire labor all alone in my room banging my head against the wall <literally> (I was only 17) we made it to the hospital the next morning and he was born a mere 20 minutes later! WHAT A DAY/NIGHT/DAY! :naughty:

THAT'S WHAT BRAXTON HICKS MEANS?! That's the name of Jimmy's friend Ben's band name :lmfao::lmfao:

My friend was in labour for several hours and she phoned the hospital, but the hospital told her not to get there until the contractions were every 5 minutes.

I watched a program on Discovery Health Channel last week - I forget what it was called - but, it was all about a baby from conception to birth. It was SO interesting and I learned SO much that I did not KNOW! :aah: It turns out that it is entirely THE BABY that decides when it is TIME to be born! Seriously. When the lungs are completely mature - the baby releases a hormone that starts labor. EVERYTHING about pregnancy/birth is truly SUCH a miracle!!!! :wub2:

Pregnancy fascinates me most out of everything. I think it's amazing.

I can't wait for the news Vero!

I am sure Rosalie will be here soon. If you can talk or think during contractions, then it may be a little while before she makes an appearance. You won't be wondering when it all really kicks into high gear.

Just think/visualize WIDE OPEN CIRCLES when the contractions come, it helps to make things move faster. :wink2:

I loved giving birth, I could have had 10 babies, but not hubby, 3 was enough for him:aah:

And when it comes to breastfeeding, well.... you know where I am. Just get into skin to skin contact with Rosalie as soon as you can after birth. let her lead the way (she can find it all by herself) and things should all go well. (It's her birthday, give her lots of hugs!!)

/end lecture:biggrin2:

THAT'S WHAT BRAXTON HICKS MEANS?! That's the name of Jimmy's friend Ben's band name :lmfao::lmfao:

My friend was in labour for several hours and she phoned the hospital, but the hospital told her not to get there until the contractions were every 5 minutes.

Pregnancy fascinates me most out of everything. I think it's amazing.

THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!!! :lmao:

Ahhh it is facinating! And the WEIRDEST thing of all is . . . no matter how many children you have each and every pregnancy/birth is completely different! Seems like same woman would = (at least similar pregnancies) but that is not the case at ALL! :no: I have some (PERSONAL) horror stories but this is NOT the time for those! :roftl:

I am sure Rosalie will be here soon. If you can talk or think during contractions, then it may be a little while before she makes an appearance. You won't be wondering when it all really kicks into high gear.

Just think/visualize WIDE OPEN CIRCLES when the contractions come, it helps to make things move faster. :wink2:

I loved giving birth, I could have had 10 babies, but not hubby, 3 was enough for him:aah:

And when it comes to breastfeeding, well.... you know where I am. Just get into skin to skin contact with Rosalie as soon as you can after birth. let her lead the way (she can find it all by herself) and things should all go well. (It's her birthday, give her lots of hugs!!)

Ohhh I could probably talk to you till the cows come home about babies. I did childcare for a year but to be honest it was only the babies that actually interested me, not the children so much :roftl::roftl:

Babies are so freakin' clever. :wub2:

No, keep it ALL POSITIVE in here Holly!!

This baby is coming soon:thumb_yello:

Don't WORRY - I would n e v e r do that! Vero is going to have a wonderful experience - with all of our positive vibes and love! :wub2:

No no no this is GOOD news!! Very good news!!! She'll be out any day now :thumb_yello::wub2::woot_jump:

I don't know... things are reeeaaaallly calm now... I don't think she's in a hurry!

Yeah I've had Braxton Hicks before but I thought Braxton Hicks weren't suppose to be painful and not regular... last night my contractions were regular and were painful... but not that painful either... so I guess they weren't real!

Pregnancy is SUCH a fascinating thing!!! It truly is a miracle and I still can't believe I have now a full grown /complete baby in my belly... and it all started with one tiny cell!

yes that's the thing... my friend told me when she called the hospital to ask if it was time to come (here they ask you to call the hospital before going... that way they can ask you questions to help identify if it's real labor and get ready for you when you do come), they told her if it's real contractions, you can't talk during a contraction... I was able to.

I don't know... things are reeeaaaallly calm now... I don't think she's in a hurry!

Yeah I've had Braxton Hicks before but I thought Braxton Hicks weren't suppose to be painful and not regular... last night my contractions were regular and were painful... but not that painful either... so I guess they weren't real!

If you had a fake labour that was pretty intense...despite the fact whether you could talk or not...I'd say she's almost cooked :teehee: I hope so anyway :roftl:

So...what are Braxton Hicks anyway?

If you had a fake labour that was pretty intense...despite the fact whether you could talk or not...I'd say she's almost cooked :teehee: I hope so anyway :roftl:

taken from : http://www.babycenter.ca/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/braxtonhicks/#2

What are Braxton Hicks contractions?

Some time towards the middle of your pregnancy, or maybe even earlier, you may notice the muscles of your uterus (womb) tightening. If you place your hands on your bare bump when this is happening, you can feel how hard your uterus becomes.

Each tightening usually lasts for about half a minute, and probably won't cause you any discomfort. You may have this sensation once or twice an hour, a few times a day (Cheng and Caughey 2009). Not all of us feel these contractions. They get their name from John Braxton Hicks, the English doctor who first described them in 1872.

You may be aware of Braxton Hicks contractions from as early as 16 weeks (Shepherd et al 2004:238). However, without you realising, your uterus has been contracting gently on and off since about seven weeks (Murray and Hassall 2009:191). The bigger your uterus gets, the more you notice the tightening sensations when they happen.

What do Braxton Hicks contractions do?

Braxton Hicks contractions may just be a sign that your uterus is keeping its muscle fibres toned. It could be that these contractions keep your uterus in good condition and ready for the rigours of labour.

Some experts think the contractions also affect your cervix. In early labour, your cervix starts to get shorter and more stretchy (Walsh 2004:430), ready to dilate and make way for your baby. It's possible that Braxton Hicks contractions give your cervix a bit of a rehearsal for the stretching stage.

Other experts think that Braxton Hicks contractions don't affect your cervix. They believe that your cervix doesn't change until the very last days of your pregnancy (Murray and Hassall 2009:192; Baker 2006:53), or once you're in labour itself (Cheng and Caughey 2009).

Braxton Hicks is false labor pains (that can seems quite REAL) I had some PAINFUL intense ones . . hence the reason I went to the hospital. It is your uterus contracting at the end of pregnancy in preparation for the FINAL EVENT . .. birth! :wub2:

Braxton Hicks is false labor pains (that can seems quite REAL) I had some PAINFUL intense ones . . hence the reason I went to the hospital. It is your uterus contracting at the end of pregnancy in preparation for the FINAL EVENT . .. birth! :wub2:

It's basically rehearsal contractions! :thumb_yello:

taken from : http://www.babycenter.ca/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/braxtonhicks/#2

What are Braxton Hicks contractions?

Some time towards the middle of your pregnancy, or maybe even earlier, you may notice the muscles of your uterus (womb) tightening. If you place your hands on your bare bump when this is happening, you can feel how hard your uterus becomes.

Each tightening usually lasts for about half a minute, and probably won't cause you any discomfort. You may have this sensation once or twice an hour, a few times a day (Cheng and Caughey 2009). Not all of us feel these contractions. They get their name from John Braxton Hicks, the English doctor who first described them in 1872.

You may be aware of Braxton Hicks contractions from as early as 16 weeks (Shepherd et al 2004:238). However, without you realising, your uterus has been contracting gently on and off since about seven weeks (Murray and Hassall 2009:191). The bigger your uterus gets, the more you notice the tightening sensations when they happen.

What do Braxton Hicks contractions do?

Braxton Hicks contractions may just be a sign that your uterus is keeping its muscle fibres toned. It could be that these contractions keep your uterus in good condition and ready for the rigours of labour.

Some experts think the contractions also affect your cervix. In early labour, your cervix starts to get shorter and more stretchy (Walsh 2004:430), ready to dilate and make way for your baby. It's possible that Braxton Hicks contractions give your cervix a bit of a rehearsal for the stretching stage.

Other experts think that Braxton Hicks contractions don't affect your cervix. They believe that your cervix doesn't change until the very last days of your pregnancy (Murray and Hassall 2009:192; Baker 2006:53), or once you're in labour itself (Cheng and Caughey 2009).

Oh I see!! Jeez the mind has a mind of it's own, hasn't it.

Thing is...when on my monthly, sometimes (not all the time) I can get really bad pains...because period pains are contractions aren't they...I usually get them in my lower back rather than my lower abdomen...but they've been so painful I've been sick multiple times :aah: But because of these intense pains, does that mean this is good preparation for pregnancy or will I go through a horrific pregnancy? :aah:

It's basically rehearsal contractions! :thumb_yello:

Yeah . . .they give you a preview of things to come! Just multiply what you felt last night times 1,000 on the level of intensity. Labor is all mental, r e a l l y. You KNOW it is going to be painful - you just have to remember to breathe right <KEY> and 'get out of your head' go somewhere else during the really big ones. Do you have any idea if you are going to get an epidural or doing it natural? I did it natural all 3 times - so I have no idea the joys of an epidural. With my second child I did NOT e v e n have any pain meds WHAT SO EVER! It dosen't get an more 'natural' then that! :teehee: