REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands - 30 May, 2010

Fmbm

That sounds weird... the link with faces :aah:

Very nice picture, love your clothes!

I know it sounds weird :biggrin2:

Thanks for the compliment :blush-anim-cl:

I did mine in 2 days, and the finishing touch in the car on our way to Pinkpop. Maybe Sylvana has some pictures of that.

Edited by Dutchy

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Soooo here I go...a new report :P

First...most people know already...but I go to Pinkpop sinds 1996 and work there since about 5 years (on the camping).

So, for me it was quite a "big" thing that Mika came to this festival... <3

I arrived at Pinkpop thursdayevening, about 8pm. Had to wait for my iPhone to arrive, so that I could use it during Pinkpop.

Got my crew tshirt and wristband and put up my tent at Camping C, the camping I worked at.

At 10pm my first shift started. Camping C is quite quiet and no one wants to queue there, its the camping thats furthest away from the festival.

They also planned too many people for this shift, so turned out we did NOTHING all night long. Untill 6am...

I could finally go to my sleepingbag...it was colddddd. Finally when I started to warm up and could sleep, the sun came up and heated up my tent.

I had only 1 hour of sleep, then I got out, changed, had breakfast and lay down on my airbed, just chilling out. Waiting for Rebecca, who let me know that morning that she was quite ill.

I waited and waited and got a bit worried, as I didnt hear from her at all.

During chilling, I met Nielo at the camping, while I was pimping my tent.

Then finally Rebecca sent me a text, that she was on her way.

We met at the entrance of the festival and we just missed Motörhead...we saw Paolo Nutini and Rammstein. Rammstein was awesome as ever!!!

Great show, great performance, just awesome!

After only 1 hour of sleep, I was so tired, that I went straight to bed...sleepingbag I mean. Heard them play Mika and Caro Emerald when I lay down. Nice end of the day.

Next morning I needed to get up at 5am, because my shift started at 6am.

Had been a cold night again, so didnt get much sleep. Maybe 3 hours.

My shift started and I was field team :( which meant a LOT of walking, while my feet already hurt from the days before...

After 3,5 hours of walking, we sat down for a bit, to catch some breath. After that I could take a break and then I was placed at a nice spot at a quiet gate.

Twas the gate to the showers. Nice nice. I could enjoy the sun and get a tan. Was there untill the end of my shift.

Met up with Rebecca at the festival gate and while waiting for her, I heard "Make My Day" from C-mon&Kypski. So sad I missed them :( wanted to see them. Kyteman and Benjamin Herman also played with them.

Cant have it all, I guess. We only saw their last song they played. Unfortunately. But I'm glad I heard Make My Day from a distance, outside the gates.

With Mando Diao we slept a bit on the grass. So tired...but thats the real Pinkpop-feeling for me...chilling out, laying on the grass, listening to music.

After Mando, we went to the tent, on the outside and sat on the grass, to listen to Caro Emerald. We found out, we are going to see her at Solar Festival anyway, so we only listened to a couple of songs and then went for some drinks and food and goodies.

Then we saw the Editors. Went to see John Mayer, someone adviced me to do so, but it was soooo boring,...we left after 3 songs.

And then we went to see Greenday! I've known Greenday since I was about 14. I really have NO IDEA why I never went to one of their gigs...this gig was just a-****ing-mazing!

They played about 2,5 hours. And that was 2,5 hours awesomeness!!!OMG!!I cant explain exactly why, but they were VERY interactive with their audience (interactive, is that the right word?).

They got many people on stage. It was just very WOW!

We were very tired and our bodies were very sore, but we stayed untill the last bit. And we already said that we are sooo going to see one of their own gigs!

I planned to go meet up with a colleague of mine on saturday evening, to have drinks with, but I was so sore and tired...plus it also rained, that I went back to the camping to have a nice shower and sleep a bit.

The shower was SO good!!! Ok, it changed between very HOT and very COLD, but twas nice to be clean haha.

Sunday I got up at about 7am. Wanted to "queue" early. Rebecca was coming over at 9am to the gates. Packed my bags, cleaned up everything, put everything back on my Pinkpop cart and left my stuff behind at the crew-tent.

Arrived at about 9:30am at the gates. There were already 2 girls queueing there. Not much after a girl with a MIKA Scream shirt arrived. Not sure if she was from the MFC, so I didnt talk to her...sorry if you ARE MFCer... :$

I thought the gates would open at 11am, but they opened at about 10:15am I think. That sure was a plus!

Rebecca sent me a text that she was coming a bit later...

I was dressed up with my Pinkpop hat, a pink top, pink trousers (jammies, really), pink legwarmers, red "converse" (shaped like) rainboots and fuchsia coloured hair.

Went to the 3FM stage and there were already people sitting! Got myself a fine spot, at the right side of the stage, next to the catwalk.

I needed to go to the toilet, but since Rebecca wasnt there, I couldnt leave my spot. Was thirsty too,...

Rebecca arrived about 2 hours after me and I thankfully was JUST able to save her spot. If she got there any later, she wouldnt have gotten front row.

Thats also why I couldnt go to the toilet and get some drinks then..

We were surrounded by Pink fans.

Then Jon Allen had a soundcheck and he played the guitar a bit there. He was quite funny. His gig was awesome! Loved it!

Sometimes it rained, but it mostly stayed dry. Had a laugh because Sylvana and I were tweeting during the gigs and waits. LOL

Then Kate Nash came on. In the meanwhile Ingie and Babz arrived and were behind us, they really were squeezed in between people. I did feel bad for them, but couldnt find a way to squeeze them in, at the front.

Kate Nash was hate at first sound, so to speak XD. HORRIBLE!!! Couldnt believe my ears, to be honest! HOW can she be "hip and happening?" Well, that's what I heard that she is...but WHY!

She doesnt sing, she screams! I am sure, I can do better than her on stage! Who wants to start a band with me? :)

I was so glad that she ended her set. I think she ended 5 mins earlier too. Halfway through she looked like she wanted to quit. Wish she had done that.

She didnt find it funny that no one was jumping. LEARN HOW TO SING, then you might be able to get some people to jump! geez.

During the soundcheck of Slash, I found out that I needed earplugs. Forgot to bring them from my bag, so I asked a nice security guy if he had earplugs for me and he did! YAY!

Then Ingie and I held hands for whole Slash's show, there was SO much pushing around going on! Havent been this way since crowdsurfing was prohibited.

Usually between gigs on the 3FM stage, the crowd goes away and you have time to eat and drink something, before getting front row again...this was SO unexpected. Remember, I still needed to go to the toilet and was thirsty...

Slash came on and damn, one hell of a show! Loved Paradise City and Sweet Child O'mine. Absolutely FAB!

I saw Slash once in Slash's Snake Pit, as support act of Bon Jovi (then Van Halen was also support act XD). Awesome!

This all felt like queueing for Mika, but then with Live entertainment hahaha.

Slash was done and then the wait for Mika really started! Got my flag ready and my camera, got my inflatable lollipop and got the earplugs out.No need for that during Mika ey ;)

Some security men were waving at me, so I waved to them too...no idea what the heck was going on hahaha. Then my best friend said that Miek and Monie were asking for me. I leaned over the barrier and some 10meters away from us, were Miek and Monie hanging over the barrier, waving at us! AHHHH Love them!!! :D

Mika came on and gone were all pains and everything!

He was awesome! He doesnt need all those things on stage, he can work the audience without all that. LOVE HIM!!!

After the 3 songs for the fotographers, we put the flag on the barrier. Mika saw it! *faint* WOOOHOOO!

And with Billy Brown I thought about what other people sometimes do during gigs at Pinkpop...and I thought: why not go for it?

Mika came our way and I started making eyecontact with him, pointing at my hat and "asked" if he wanted it. He nodded and I threw the thing on stage.

He grabbed it and put it on his head. My little fangurl-moment :fangurl: omg. LOL. He only wore it for 20 seconds before he threw it somewhere near the audience, but still...

OMG LOL how to make a girl happy with almost nothing ey ;)

iMMa recognised us and sang a lot with us. LOVED IT! Loved her having her hair down later on in the show! LOOKS FAB!!!

Jimmy did not seem to recognise us..tssss...maybe I was too pink whahahaha!

The gig was so much fun! The first time this year I saw a total set (although not as long as a normal gig, but ...yanno..)!LOVED IT!

Took pictures and made videos and loved loved it!!!

Mika took his shirt off and I didnt dare to switch my camera off anymore. LOL!

OMG droolllll

Anyway, gig ended...we waited for Pink to come. Rebecca loves Pink. I don't. heh heh heh.

All of a sudden, Ingie was gone.

Then Pink started. I removed Mika's flag ofcourse :P

I loved the flying bit with the last song Rockstar and the bit where she walks on the crowd in this huge ball. Mika should do that too! COOL!

Pink was looking our way really a LOT, I have no clue why...I noticed and asked Rebecca if it was me,...or that she really did.

She had noticed too. NO CLUE why!!!Maybe she thought we were dressed up in pink, for Pink...does she really not know its PINKpop... XD

I think the gig was good. I can imagine, if you like her songs, that this gig was amaaaazing. But unfortunately...I don't..

When it finished, we met up with Sylvana, Patricia and Dutchy (and some others). But they walked waayyyyy too fast for us, our feet hurt after 4 days.

So we lost them again :( But we had to find a toilet anyway. Got a drink and on our way to the toilet we walked into Jan Smeets (organisor of the festival) and I thanked him for this year's Pinkpop.

That was pretty cool :P

Found a toilet and damn that felt great. Got out of the toilet and some girl said that she loved my outfit XD XD XD

Then we went to the grass and watched The Prodigy. Twas the third time I "accidentaly" saw them. Once at Pinkpop in the past, once at Lowlands 2009 and now again.

They are awesome!

We put some lightsticks in our hair and socks and walked around a bit, with our inflatable pink guitars! LOL

I got video-ed by someone, who also seemed to like my pink outfit :S LOL

After The Prodigy we got some food and left home. We were almost falling asleep in the car. What a weekend...

But I always get so sad when I leave Pinkpop. I just LOVE it there.

However the squeezing and pushing part, is not normal for Pinkpop...I have NO idea where that all came from. I can show pictures from the past, where you can SEE that its almost empty after a gig, at the 3FM stage...

Anyway..I have had so much fun!! Cant believe Mika was there!! <3 <3 <3 love love him :)

Edited by Biekje

Wasn't it a very wet Glastonbury 2007 where the sun came out while Mika was on stage? He did it again! :thumb_yello:

This time I wasn't front row, but we had a good view standing about halfway along the catwalk. He took his bow to the sun right in front of us. :naughty:

I was with my boyfriend and a local friend (who lives around the corner of the festival grounds) and they both liked the show a lot. Well that is a good thing! My local friend even wants to see him next time he does a proper concert in our country, yay! :thumb_yello:

I noticed some familiar faces on the big screens. And at the end of the festival I bumped into Ingie and Babzz. Haven't seen any other MFC'ers in the flesh, just on the screens.

On our way back home we listened to 3FM. Pinkpop all night! Around 3.30 there was a Patricia who called the studio and even before she mentioned Mika I somehow knew it was Patricia4u. Hehe. :naughty:

Oh well. Duty calls, will be back later with pictures. :wink2:

And yes, this is a doublepost as I just found out there is this report thread. :naughty:

haha yes that was me , i've send a couple of txts because nobody mentioned mika and then they called me when i just got home :roftl:

Soooo here I go...a new report :P

First...most people know already...but I go to Pinkpop sinds 1996 and work there since about 5 years (on the camping).

So, for me it was quite a "big" thing that Mika came to this festival... <3

I arrived at Pinkpop thursdayevening, about 8pm. Had to wait for my iPhone to arrive, so that I could use it during Pinkpop.

Got my crew tshirt and wristband and put up my tent at Camping C, the camping I worked at.

At 10pm my first shift started. Camping C is quite quiet and no one wants to queue there, its the camping thats furthest away from the festival.

They also planned too many people for this shift, so turned out we did NOTHING all night long. Untill 6am...

I could finally go to my sleepingbag...it was colddddd. Finally when I started to warm up and could sleep, the sun came up and heated up my tent.

I had only 1 hour of sleep, then I got out, changed, had breakfast and lay down on my airbed, just chilling out. Waiting for Rebecca, who let me know that morning that she was quite ill.

I waited and waited and got a bit worried, as I didnt hear from her at all.

During chilling, I met Nielo at the camping, while I was pimping my tent.

Then finally Rebecca sent me a text, that she was on her way.

We met at the entrance of the festival and we just missed Motörhead...we saw Paolo Nutini and Rammstein. Rammstein was awesome as ever!!!

Great show, great performance, just awesome!

After only 1 hour of sleep, I was so tired, that I went straight to bed...sleepingbag I mean. Heard them play Mika and Caro Emerald when I lay down. Nice end of the day.

Next morning I needed to get up at 5am, because my shift started at 6am.

Did you film some of Rammstein?

My pictures will have to wait until tomorrow, I forgot I have other things to do tonight. I saw nice pics come along in this thread btw. :thumb_yello:

Must say I really loved Pink and her show. Especially the zorbing and the flying. Slash were great too. On the main stage I saw Skunk Anansie (well, on the big screens) and they were simply amazing. And last but not least the Prodigy, they are not my cup of tea but I think their fans were having a blast.

Kate Nash was absolutely the worst performance I've seen in ages. :mfr_omg:

When it finished, we met up with Sylvana, Patricia and Dutchy (and some others). But they walked waayyyyy too fast for us, our feet hurt after 4 days.

So we lost them again :(

Ahw, I'm sorry we were walking too fast for you :( (not that I had the feeling I was walking as fast as the others did, cuz my feet were starting to hurt a lot at that time :teehee:)

I promise you it won't happen again...

Btw nice report :thumb_yello:

its the camping thats furthest away from the festival.

I know, I parked my car at C4 and couldn't find it anymore, I walked 1.5 hours to find the right parkingplace, stupid me.:sneaky2:

Ahw, I'm sorry we were walking too fast for you :( (not that I had the feeling I was walking as fast as the others did, cuz my feet were starting to hurt a lot at that time :teehee:)

I promise you it won't happen again...

Btw nice report :thumb_yello:

No worries, I'm not angry :P We needed to find a toilet anyway, I needed to go from 9am onwards...so... twasnt that bad.

Next time we meet up before a gig ;) easier hahaha

My feet were sore from friday onwards hahahaa. i always have that with festivals...

I know, I parked my car at C4 and couldn't find it anymore, I walked 1.5 hours to find the right parkingplace, stupid me.:sneaky2:

Thats indeed hard to find then...omg! Its at least 30 mins walking from the festival to camping C, I didnt time myself, but I think its even further away than 30 mins...

Sunday I got up at about 7am. Wanted to "queue" early. Rebecca was coming over at 9am to the gates. Packed my bags, cleaned up everything, put everything back on my Pinkpop cart and left my stuff behind at the crew-tent.

Arrived at about 9:30am at the gates. There were already 2 girls queueing there. Not much after a girl with a MIKA Scream shirt arrived. Not sure if she was from the MFC, so I didnt talk to her...sorry if you ARE MFCer... :$

I thought the gates would open at 11am, but they opened at about 10:15am I think. That sure was a plus!

Rebecca sent me a text that she was coming a bit later...

I was dressed up with my Pinkpop hat, a pink top, pink trousers (jammies, really), pink legwarmers, red "converse" (shaped like) rainboots and fuchsia coloured hair.

Went to the 3FM stage and there were already people sitting! Got myself a fine spot, at the right side of the stage, next to the catwalk.

I needed to go to the toilet, but since Rebecca wasnt there, I couldnt leave my spot. Was thirsty too,...

Rebecca arrived about 2 hours after me and I thankfully was JUST able to save her spot. If she got there any later, she wouldnt have gotten front row.

Thats also why I couldnt go to the toilet and get some drinks then..

We were surrounded by Pink fans.

Then Jon Allen had a soundcheck and he played the guitar a bit there. He was quite funny. His gig was awesome! Loved it!

Sometimes it rained, but it mostly stayed dry. Had a laugh because Sylvana and I were tweeting during the gigs and waits. LOL

Then Kate Nash came on. In the meanwhile Ingie and Babz arrived and were behind us, they really were squeezed in between people. I did feel bad for them, but couldnt find a way to squeeze them in, at the front.

Kate Nash was hate at first sound, so to speak XD. HORRIBLE!!! Couldnt believe my ears, to be honest! HOW can she be "hip and happening?" Well, that's what I heard that she is...but WHY!

She doesnt sing, she screams! I am sure, I can do better than her on stage! Who wants to start a band with me? :)

I was so glad that she ended her set. I think she ended 5 mins earlier too. Halfway through she looked like she wanted to quit. Wish she had done that.

She didnt find it funny that no one was jumping. LEARN HOW TO SING, then you might be able to get some people to jump! geez.

During the soundcheck of Slash, I found out that I needed earplugs. Forgot to bring them from my bag, so I asked a nice security guy if he had earplugs for me and he did! YAY!

Then Ingie and I held hands for whole Slash's show, there was SO much pushing around going on! Havent been this way since crowdsurfing was prohibited.

Usually between gigs on the 3FM stage, the crowd goes away and you have time to eat and drink something, before getting front row again...this was SO unexpected. Remember, I still needed to go to the toilet and was thirsty...

Slash came on and damn, one hell of a show! Loved Paradise City and Sweet Child O'mine. Absolutely FAB!

I saw Slash once in Slash's Snake Pit, as support act of Bon Jovi (then Van Halen was also support act XD). Awesome!

This all felt like queueing for Mika, but then with Live entertainment hahaha.

Slash was done and then the wait for Mika really started! Got my flag ready and my camera, got my inflatable lollipop and got the earplugs out.No need for that during Mika ey ;)

Some security men were waving at me, so I waved to them too...no idea what the heck was going on hahaha. Then my best friend said that Miek and Monie were asking for me. I leaned over the barrier and some 10meters away from us, were Miek and Monie hanging over the barrier, waving at us! AHHHH Love them!!! :D

Mika came on and gone were all pains and everything!

He was awesome! He doesnt need all those things on stage, he can work the audience without all that. LOVE HIM!!!

After the 3 songs for the fotographers, we put the flag on the barrier. Mika saw it! *faint* WOOOHOOO!

And with Billy Brown I thought about what other people sometimes do during gigs at Pinkpop...and I thought: why not go for it?

Mika came our way and I started making eyecontact with him, pointing at my hat and "asked" if he wanted it. He nodded and I threw the thing on stage.

He grabbed it and put it on his head. My little fangurl-moment :fangurl: omg. LOL. He only wore it for 20 seconds before he threw it somewhere near the audience, but still...

OMG LOL how to make a girl happy with almost nothing ey ;)

iMMa recognised us and sang a lot with us. LOVED IT! Loved her having her hair down later on in the show! LOOKS FAB!!!

Jimmy did not seem to recognise us..tssss...maybe I was too pink whahahaha!

The gig was so much fun! The first time this year I saw a total set (although not as long as a normal gig, but ...yanno..)!LOVED IT!

Took pictures and made videos and loved loved it!!!

Mika took his shirt off and I didnt dare to switch my camera off anymore. LOL!

OMG droolllll

Anyway, gig ended...we waited for Pink to come. Rebecca loves Pink. I don't. heh heh heh.

All of a sudden, Ingie was gone.

Then Pink started. I removed Mika's flag ofcourse :P

I loved the flying bit with the last song Rockstar and the bit where she walks on the crowd in this huge ball. Mika should do that too! COOL!

Pink was looking our way really a LOT, I have no clue why...I noticed and asked Rebecca if it was me,...or that she really did.

She had noticed too. NO CLUE why!!!Maybe she thought we were dressed up in pink, for Pink...does she really not know its PINKpop... XD

I think the gig was good. I can imagine, if you like her songs, that this gig was amaaaazing. But unfortunately...I don't..

So we lost them again :( But we had to find a toilet anyway. Got a drink and on our way to the toilet we walked into Jan Smeets (organisor of the festival) and I thanked him for this year's Pinkpop.

That was pretty cool :P

Found a toilet and damn that felt great. Got out of the toilet and some girl said that she loved my outfit XD XD XD

Then we went to the grass and watched The Prodigy. Twas the third time I "accidentaly" saw them. Once at Pinkpop in the past, once at Lowlands 2009 and now again.

They are awesome!

We put some lightsticks in our hair and socks and walked around a bit, with our inflatable pink guitars! LOL

I got video-ed by someone, who also seemed to like my pink outfit :S LOL

After The Prodigy we got some food and left home. We were almost falling asleep in the car. What a weekend...

But I always get so sad when I leave Pinkpop. I just LOVE it there.

However the squeezing and pushing part, is not normal for Pinkpop...I have NO idea where that all came from. I can show pictures from the past, where you can SEE that its almost empty after a gig, at the 3FM stage...

Anyway..I have had so much fun!! Cant believe Mika was there!! <3 <3 <3 love love him :)

Hahahahaha indeed.. it was very funny to tweet with you.. because we were so close and couldn't talk to each other.. haha..

aaahw i'm soooo sorry.. we searched you later and call you.. but couldn't find you anymore :(

Are there any pictures of the other lovely lady CHERISSE? :wub2: Maybe a screencap? I'm a guy and like beautiful pictures too :wink2:

Reesey was too far out of reach for me, sorry:naughty:

Were there any BGs/LGs? I'm asking cause I'd like to know how to become one on Thursday :D

Nope, he doesn't even play Lollipop.

And Bianca, sorry that I was just gone, but I needed to eat and drink before I would faint and fall on you:roftl: Sorry I didn't say bye though, it took almost half an hour to get through the crowd:roftl:

Reesey was too far out of reach for me, sorry:naughty:

Nope, he doesn't even play Lollipop.

And Bianca, sorry that I was just gone, but I needed to eat and drink before I would faint and fall on you:roftl: Sorry I didn't say bye though, it took almost half an hour to get through the crowd:roftl:

Yeah and there I stood looking like a fool, with my inflatable lollipop :aah:

Ah no problem, was just looking over my shoulder (oooover myyy shooouuullldeerrrrrr LOL) and gone they were...:blink:

We thought it was something like food etc. I needed to go to the toilet sooo bad...:shocked: but Rebecca really wanted to see Pink..so yeah...:boxed:

I guess it would have been a struggle to get out of that crowd...ouch,..

Yeah and there I stood looking like a fool, with my inflatable lollipop :aah:

Ah no problem, was just looking over my shoulder (oooover myyy shooouuullldeerrrrrr LOL) and gone they were...:blink:

We thought it was something like food etc. I needed to go to the toilet sooo bad...:shocked: but Rebecca really wanted to see Pink..so yeah...:boxed:

I guess it would have been a struggle to get out of that crowd...ouch,..

Yeah they wouldn't let us out, such a pain, I mean, we were basically clearing the way to the front row:aah:

Yeah they wouldn't let us out, such a pain, I mean, we were basically clearing the way to the front row:aah:

I know! I started screaming: hot coffee!!! Didn't work :mf_rosetinted:

some girl suggested I'd fake puking :naughty:

felt like I was born when I wash pushed out of the crowd at the end

I know! I started screaming: hot coffee!!! Didn't work :mf_rosetinted:

some girl suggested I'd fake puking :naughty:

felt like I was born when I wash pushed out of the crowd at the end

I know...I wanted to scream FREEEDOOOOMMMMMM:roftl: