Fmbm

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3voor12 review:

“Ik denk dat hij homo is,” fluistert een meisje in het oor van haar vriend. Aan het einde van zijn optreden trekt de zanger zijn shirt uit. Weer een andere jongen bedekt vlug de ogen van zijn vrouw. Welkom in de onschuldige wereld van Mika waarin alles in goud verandert.

CONCERT

Mika, Pinkpop 3FM stage, zondag 30 mei 2010

MUZIEK

Dries Roelvink liet vandaag weten zich graag kandidaat te willen stellen voor de volgende editie van het Songfestival. Niet om te winnen - hij kent zijn plek - maar voor de entertainment, een lach op het gezicht van de Nederlanders. Zal Mika al eens benaderd zijn om als afgevaardigde van Engeland er aan mee te doen? Hij zou met gemak winnen. Niet alleen zou hij je een glimlach bezorgen, maar ook overtuigen in performance en in zang, en als hij wil: je kippenvel geven. Mika is de Freddy Mercury met de stofzuigerslang tegen het strottenhoofd, de kitsch van Elton John zijn collectie brillen gedragen door de leden van boyband Blue. Mika is de pophitschrijver voor wie geen noot te hoog is en geen snoepje te zoet.

PLUS

Hoe zijn show eerder deze maand in de Amsterdamse HMH eruit zag weet ik niet. Wel heb ik Mika twee jaar geleden in het hoofdstedelijke Westerpark mogen zien. Dat was geen optreden, maar een geslaagd circus met meisjes verkleed als lollies tijdens Lollipop, de opkomst van een kudde welgevormde vrouwen en levende bekers cola tijdens Big Girl, terwijl de zanger op dat moment zelf verdronk in een enorme opblaaspop. Op Pinkpop blijft het bij een opblaasbeen, de rest van zijn poppenkast laat hij thuis. Des te verfrissender is het om dan te zien dat Mika het zeker ook zonder kan. Optreden is voor Mika kinderspel. Met een enorme souplesse loopt hij zijn set door, zonder als publiek de indruk te krijgen dat hij een trucje uithaalt. Want performen zit hem in het bloed, dat is vandaag wel zo duidelijk. Daarin weet hij zowel jong en oud te betrekken. Niet eerder stonden er zoveel kinderen voor het podium, vaak op de schouders van hun papa. Onschuldiger dan tijdens Mika wordt het niet op Pinkpop. Wat hij doet, smaakt zoet, maar toch voelt het als Mika in Wonderland en alles wat hij doet verandert evenzogoed in goud. Tijdens de afsluiter zingt iedereen mee: “We are golden.”

MIN

Eén keer zet hij net een stap te ver. Tijdens Love Today ontbloot Mika zijn bovenlijf, als een man die een vrouw de slaapkamer in probeert te verleiden. Te voorschijn komt een dun plankje buik. De onschuld is dan verloren, maar een echte man zal Mika nooit zijn. En nee, Mika heeft niet alles onder controle. Precies op het moment dat zijn nummer Rain in wil zetten, klaart de lucht.

CONCLUSIE

Kort na zijn show twittert Mika dit:

So, this morning Istanbul. Lunchtime I was in Germany. Evening I was performing in Holland. Now in Belgium trying to get a flight to the UK

Zijn hectische afgelopen dagen, maar op het podium merk je daar niets van. Het bewijst maar weer: Mika is een rasentertainer met een hart van goud.

CIJFER

8+

Sorry no time to translate:biggrin2:

Yeah, taking off your shirt isn't innocent at all, but shooting your entire band is. :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway:

Great gig! :thumb_yello:

Awful crowd though. Especially inbetween gigs. :sneaky2:

(This was actually the only day of the festival the crowd was extremely pushy and annoying.)

I'm still fangirling over Green Day way too much to write a proper report on Mika though. :teehee::fangurl:

That's so funny :roftl:

You guys should gess what my hubbie sad yesterday........

We were watching pinkpop on television well the Mika parts that is. (i recorded :mf_rosetinted:) And I really wanted to go to pinkpop but hubbie sad well he's just doing two songs or so, we should better go to one of his concerts again :thumb_yello: I wasn't complaining than, but than it happend the guy took his shirt off :wub2: So i was like :'' You see that what happends when we not go he has no shirt on and i missed it :sneaky2:'' Hubbie sad:'' there's nothing special to see there!!!:shocked:''

As if..... I tell you, so much to see there :wub2:

Someone's jalours :mf_rosetinted:

You recorded it?

Can I have a copy plz?plz?plz?

OMG nothing special to see there? He is SO wrong!

And they always play an hour or more at pinkpop...

Yeah, taking off your shirt isn't innocent at all, but shooting your entire band is. :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway:

Great gig! :thumb_yello:

Awful crowd though. Especially inbetween gigs. :sneaky2:

(This was actually the only day of the festival the crowd was extremely pushy and annoying.)

I'm still fangirling over Green Day way too much to write a proper report on Mika though. :teehee::fangurl:

they were awesome! I tweeted at the spot that im instant fangurl.

Must say I like greenday since 1994 if im correct..dont know why i never went to a gig...:shocked:

:swoon: *wants to be the microphone* :swoon:

i know right? thought the same thing:mf_rosetinted:

Noooo he didnt take it directly from me...there is a gap between the stage and audience...

Nooo I pointed at my hat and he nodded a bit, so I threw it in front of him:biggr in2:

awwwwwwwwwwwww :fangurl:

I can...:mf_rosetinted:

But i have to use a FART ALARM on the first one coz there are some Wonkalanders who might not like it...:mf_rosetinted:

So, FART ALARM! (always wanted to do this! :floor:)

Oooooh, why does Momma insist on those Lebanese beans before every gig, ffs???

29164_436112805927_717570927_5979862_4902623_n.jpg

Eeeeew, it smells, now...

Audience is getting suspicious...

Better start blaming the band...

29164_436112810927_717570927_5979863_5702239_n.jpg

Who..me? NOOO it was Jimmy! Twasnt me!

Jimmy: Uh-oh!

29164_436228935927_717570927_5983691_2641760_n.jpg

And it was her too! Not me!

Imma: Me??? Not me, i ain't no Lebanese, dude!

29164_436228940927_717570927_5983692_6113746_n.jpg

of course!!!!!:lmfao:

You recorded it?

Can I have a copy plz?plz?plz?

OMG nothing special to see there? He is SO wrong!

And they always play an hour or more at pinkpop...

Yes I know so so so wrong :mf_rosetinted:.

I didn't know how long etc they play at pinkpop. I recorded the whole uitzending? untill 4 at night. Hubbie sad the part we'de watched would be the only mika part. So glad i didn't stop the recording than!

I've cut out the Mika parts and saved them on my dvdrecorder. It's billy bronw, We are golden, Grace kelly and a little bit of the shooting the band part. They didn't show everything sadly enough. I saw on this review he also did rain and blame it on the girls?

Anyways, If you want i could try to burn you a copy of it on a dvd and send it too you. Just let me know :wink2:.

oh btw i really enjoyed slash too :biggrin2: and the singer is normally not my type but he looked at me a couple of times :mf_lustslow: and said something in my camera (don't know what yet) but somehow i think they got a new fan now :teehee:

His name is Myles Kennedy and I agree with you he's gorgeous :wub2:

This was a brilliant weekend! I'm way too tired to do anything else now so I'll just write a ridiculously detailed report. I went to Ingie's on Saturday, Bubbles was supposed to arrive around midnight but in the end it was more like 2am so we decided to waste time by watching Eurovision :aah: then when our bitch Bubbles FINALLY arrived we still didn't get to sleep because he did Lady Gaga impersonations like all night and also he had forgotten to bring a bed so we had to share a tiny single mattress :roftl: in the end we slept for about 2 hours before it was time to get up for our extensive make-up routines (lol) it took us hours and involved enough glitter and hairspray to kill someone but hey, it's worth it in the end right? It wasn't that far a drive to Landgraaf, a bit over an hour I guess, but when we had parked the car we had to walk for like 45 minutes in the pouring rain to get to the entrance... oh well let's not focus on complaining about the weather

We went pretty much straight to the 3fm stage, there weren't a lot of people yet so we were like 3rd row which was more then fine by me.

First artist that was on was an English guy called John Allen (I think?) I really quite liked him, he played some nice mellow songs with acoustic guitar and he was very charming and funny. I'd never heard of him before but yeah, he was great. The waits between the gigs were quite long so I was happy I was with Ingie and Bubbles so at least we could entertain eachother/ourselves.

Next on was Kate Nash OMG worst gig I EVER SAW IN MY LIFE she was absolutely terrible, she just CAN NOT sing and her songs are crap and she's all 'look at me in my ugly weird dress aren't I arty and interesting??' HORRIBLE I don't know how I survived.

After that Slash who I thought was amazing! Srsly who needs Axl Rose when you've got Myles Kennedy? And Slash is just SLASH I mean, such a legend, his playing is just out of this world. I wanted to play airguitar to Sweet Child and Paradise City but I needed both my hands to hold onto Bubbles so no one would push me away :biggrin2:

I have to add that the pushing before, during and after Slash was horrible and some people (not MFCers or even Mika-fans) were complete and utter ****ers and talked **** about us constantly which they thought we couldn't understand (we were speaking English bc Bubbles is German which apparently made them think none of us were Dutch) but whatever they were just random idiots.

Then MIKA :thumb_yello: He was really amazing, I loved how without all the theatre stuff there's just an amazing singer with an amazing band playing amazing songs! I love the whole show with all the probs and stuff but the music is strong enough to survive without it so to say. I was glad I was in front of Jimmy and Imma bc they are so much fun to watch! So yes, great show as always. I really really wanted to get out of the crowd after that to get some food and drinks and to SIT DOWN for a bit so we did (we had found Nielo in the mean time so she came with us) oh maaaan I don't think coke and pizza have ever tasted that good before :biggrin2:

We watched Pink from the back, she was amazing, I never actually knew too much about her, just that I quite like her songs and that she's a bad-ass bitch but wooo what a show! Her band is awesome and she has a great voice, I really enjoyed it.

We managed to find Jazzy who was also going to stay at Ingie's and decided to go home before everyone was going to leave after The Prodigy (honestly why does everyone like them, they're terrible, face it)

The walk back to the car didn't seem as horrible on the way back even though we were all completely knackered. We must have woken up all of Landgraaf and surroundings by singing along to Mika and Adam Lambert songs really loud :roftl:

Anyway, this was a brilliant weekend :wub2:

they were awesome! I tweeted at the spot that im instant fangurl.

Must say I like greenday since 1994 if im correct..dont know why i never went to a gig...:shocked:

I'd never seen them live either! I've only been a fan since American Idiot, but then again, I was only 15 or 16 when that came out.

I'm definitely gonna see them live again! And now I wanna be front row, cause I was kinda jealous of all the people he pulled up on stage. :teehee:

*Must look for a Green Day thread to fangirl in*

We watched Pink from the back, she was amazing, I never actually knew too much about her, just that I quite like her songs and that she's a bad-ass bitch but wooo what a show! Her band is awesome and she has a great voice, I really enjoyed it.

Pink was awesome! I'd wanted to see her live for quite some time, and she definitely didn't disappoint, even though we were all the way in the back! :punk:

Oh, and the fact that she sang Tom Petty's Free Fallin' makes me love her even more. :wub2:

I'd never seen them live either! I've only been a fan since American Idiot, but then again, I was only 15 or 16 when that came out.

I'm definitely gonna see them live again! And now I wanna be front row, cause I was kinda jealous of all the people he pulled up on stage. :teehee:

*Must look for a Green Day thread to fangirl in*

Pink was awesome! I'd wanted to see her live for quite some time, and she definitely didn't disappoint, even though we were all the way in the back! :punk:

Oh, and the fact that she sang Tom Petty's Free Fallin' makes me love her even more. :wub2:

we also go to a gig when possible! And hell yeah, front row!!!:wub2:

Yes I know so so so wrong :mf_rosetinted:.

I didn't know how long etc they play at pinkpop. I recorded the whole uitzending? untill 4 at night. Hubbie sad the part we'de watched would be the only mika part. So glad i didn't stop the recording than!

I've cut out the Mika parts and saved them on my dvdrecorder. It's billy bronw, We are golden, Grace kelly and a little bit of the shooting the band part. They didn't show everything sadly enough. I saw on this review he also did rain and blame it on the girls?

Anyways, If you want i could try to burn you a copy of it on a dvd and send it too you. Just let me know :wink2:.

If you do and if you can, could I have a copy too???? PLEASE? Pretty PLEASE?:teehee:

Then MIKA :thumb_yello: He was really amazing, I loved how without all the theatre stuff there's just an amazing singer with an amazing band playing amazing songs! I love the whole show with all the probs and stuff but the music is strong enough to survive without it so to say.

So true!:wub2:

Thank you for a great report!:thumb_yello:

hee, ben je er ook? Gezelli!:thumb_yello:

Haha ja ;) Denk kom toch weer ff spieken :P (Ben al een jaar lid, en maar 3 posts :dunno:)

Correctie 5 posts :P

Edited by Rimketje
Wrong number.. :p)