2011 - MIKA @ Festival Mares Vivas, Oporto, Portugal 16 July - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Fmbm

OMG! :roftl:

I really liked the red streak in everyone's hair. Good idea! The pics are great. Did Rose make that flag especially for Portugal?

I think it is confusing for people to hear stories like yours about real M&Gs and then everyone saying night after night that there is a "M&G". There is a whole different set of expectations that goes along with each of these scenarios. It's not the same thing at all.

Yes, Rosie and Laura spent the whoel afternoon sowing it, the poor girls...

Yes, let's call it a NMG, a"non-m&g from" now on....:teehee:

Yeah, you told me! :wub2: I still have to share my pics and videos (I have a video from the "M&G", when he gets the shirt and he says "Ohhh it's a penguin!" and everyone start saying "Rose, Rose, where is Rose?" :roftl:

("Oh right...it's a pigeon!" :doh:)

:huglove:

It was my worst waiting experience ever, but the gig was really good, IMO. It was a festival, and he performed for 1h30! That's good! And he seemed pleased with everything. Don't forget he was in risk of not even performing, if the weather had gotten worse! :boxed:

Yes, in Lisbon he was more chatty and made eye contact with the front row, etc but for a festival, I believe it was really good (but that's just my opinion, of course). :wink2:

Loved seeing you again! :huglove: Miss you already!

Edited by willywonka

I guess he made a lot of eye contact, at least with peeps on my side...

Yuls Mcfuls was standing right behind me and he looked at her several times...

Helen will :bow: you when you upload that vid :aah:

my vids are uploading :das: I have Mika talking to you, but you are not tall enough to appear in the vid, sorry :mf_rosetinted: it´s just Mika and a bit of your hair, since I was behing you :aah: :aah:

1h30m?????? :shocked: really?????

To me it seemed as if Tindersticks were there for 4 months and Mika only for 20 minutes :shun:

:aah:

Time flies by when he is on stage : blush-anim-cl:

I was so relieved when those guys put the carpet on stage... We were pretty sure Mika was going to fall at first step there :aah :

There was a lot of water on stage.

Only 4 months???

To me, it would seem they've died and no one warned them about it...

There were bets on the audience whether Mika would trip or not...

Seriously guys, you need to search for those Tindersticks on youtube to know how much we suffered... :boxed : it was beyond unfair :boxed:

No, don't, please...:boxed:

Is anyone else still singing that "Mares Vivas" song? No cabedelo! :mf_rosetinted:

Noooooooooooo, not that song again, it keeps banging on my head, specially coz Carlota spent all day long singing it...

Edited by willywonka

Oh my god. :aah: I've had a nightmare putting up pics. I hope this works...

iMMa before Mika came on:

Front row picture:

MIKAGig075.jpg

After the show!(pic of Mika didn't shrink for some reason, but I'll try it later. You can just imagine it here...)

Observe the Converse per capita in this pic

MIKAGig127-1.jpg

Portuguese fan club

MIKAGig126.jpg

i'll keep that in mind:teehee::naughty::roftl:

Those turquoise converse must be mine when i finally reached him and got him to sign my ticket...

Let's see, where to start. It was lovely meeting all those new and old faces and I had a great time in the queue (thanks to everyone for giving me food hehe).

Going inside was hectic, lost my shoes during the running so I went back, grabbed them and kept running like a trooper with no shoes on. Over stones and ****. It hurt. Survival of the fittest.

Aurea was quite nice, I enjoyed it and we were dancing like crazy. Tindersticks made me want to kill myself. Cranberries were really nice although by that time my feet were killing me, I was tired and wet and wanted to slap a random person just because I could. I didn't though, 'cause I'm cool like that.

Aaaanywaaaysssss. Mika was great as usual. Not the best gig of our tour (That was Liege) but he was still great, although he looked and sounded kind of tired to us (that is Laura and me, I'm not schizophrenic). Imma was great as usual, so was the rest of the band bla bla. Ben was way better as well, I liked him. It seems like he adjusted well to the Mikaness of all things.

After the gig we wandered to wherever the hell he might come out. Luckily, it was on the way back to the hotel, huray! He came out and immediately people started mobbing him, so we just stayed back. I wanted to ask him something but figured it wasn't worth fighting my way through the crowd and I know that I will get another chance. We did comment on the mobbing situation and we provided comic relief with our rendition of 'Move Bitch, get out the way' and Laura's 'Whatever happened to a good old fashioned British queue.' It made him smile a little in all the panic.

I do understand if you've never met him before that you get over-excited. Still, there were MANY people who've met him MANY times, who can't seem to grasp the concept of what we call; respect, fairness and getting your big ass out of the way after you've had your turn. We weren't too bothered that we didn't get to speak to him, although it would've been a nice way to finish our trip, but we know that there's a next time and we were lucky in Belgium. What was disgusting about this all, was watching it from a distance as he tried to get away and mentioned this several times, but in the end security had to step in to drag him away. Which is always a bad sign.

About the numbers thing. As a wise person once said (5 seconds ago, it was Laura): 'A queue without numbers, is not a queue without numbers, it's just a motherf*cking queue.'

It is a festival. Mika is not the only artist, even if he's last on. The other groups are NOT support acts. Numbers should be for gigs where it says MIKA on the ticket and on the sign above the door on the venue. No matter how you put it, numbers should not be used at festivals. We've become quite selfish and just expect to get in first because of the luxury given to us during the past tour. Luckily, we were able to get rid of them at the festival, even though it pissed certain people off (dilligaf).

Besides, haven't we learned the hard way? Anyone remember Compiegne? How did the numbers work out for you there? It does not work, unless someone from the organisation is there (JOHN COME BACK!).

To conclude this essay, this was a nice ending for our trip, although b*tches should stop mobbing Mika like he is a fascinating monkey in a zoo.

Ps. on a more positive note, Laura promised to upload her fan-f*cking-tastic videos of Happy Ending and Elle me Dit on Tuesday, after she's been to the hospital.

Now I shall pack my bag and go home to Clogland. I have to wake up at 3 in the freaking morning. FML.

More than agree!

Have a safe flight! :wink2:

Anyways, Mary's cake is amazzzing and I shall forever recall the heavenly taste on my tongue.

I didn't remembered the cake! :shocked:

Mary didn't offered me! :crybaby:

Thank you for the reports, pix and vids everyone! I really enjoyed reading through this thread.

Apparently Ida hadn't broken her arm, she was at a wedding.

Easy to confuse the two :mf_rosetinted:

Totally :teehee: I bet she was having a GREAT time (without any suffering included :aah:) Good to know she's ok though...

Ben was way better as well, I liked him. It seems like he adjusted well to the Mikaness of all things.

That's a lovely expression "the Mikaness of things" :wub2:

:eek::eek::eek:

:lmfao:

No really, I think you weren't there yet when we ate it (well, they ate it) :naughty:

Anyway, it was a yoghurt cake. Can you eat it? :wink2: (if you can I'll bring a special XL piece for you for our next gig/queue/meetup/whatever! LOL)

:lmfao:

No really, I think you weren't there yet when we ate it (well, they ate it) :naughty:

Anyway, it was a yoghurt cake. Can you eat it? :wink2: (if you can I'll bring a special XL piece for you for our next gig/queue/meetup/whatever! LOL)

I could have eaten on the end of the show, since next to that I was going home! :roftl: Or I could try to take a box of pills! :aah:

In one blog iMMa wrote: "I then went to the Pennimans for a fitting for the new outfits for Compiegne and Corsica... WOW WOW WOW!! They are incredible - such an amazing eye for style and outfits!!"

Those outfits are INCREDIBLY beautiful and they must have out many hours of hard work to make them:thumb_yello:

So, here's my report...

I won't go into further details as everyone reported so well Mika's gig...

I just wanted to moan a bit about NOT THE RAIN (which got me a cold today), NOT SORE LEGS (from standing up for 8 hrs), NOT A SORE BLADDER (for not being able to pee for 8 hrs), but about GDT (aka Godamn Tindersticks)...

Be sure, this is the most annoying, upsetting, boring band there is...

And for Mika fans, who are hyper waiting for Mika on a festival, that has to be the worst thing that could happen..i've never said so many bad words in my own language then when i was watching them yesterday...

So, after this being said, let's start the report...

I won't comment on the gig iself as everyone here described it so well just wanted to say that Mika is improving on his portuguese, and thats for sure because his plans to move here are still on, after Louboutin have bought a house here too...

:teehee::mf_rosetinted:

He spoke a lot in portuguese, but i'm sure you heard that through the link of RADIO COMERCIAL...The best sentence of the night was:” MARRRRRI A ANTOINETA ESTA MORRRRTA!”, meaning Marie Antoinette is dead, on which he pronounced the r's a bit harsher and that was a blast!!!

I was happy with the gig, even if it seemed a bit shorter than others, no matter how wet we were, how cold it was, no matter how people were pushing to steal my front row spot, no matter how my legs hurt, Mika was thyere in front of me, so i forgot everything else...

The “non” m&g started fine, with Mika coming out of the car to greet us, but suddenly things fell out of control and when i took notice thee was a huge crowd jumping over him, everyone talking at the same time, using flashes hey were asked not to, not forming a line, as they were asked to...

I was able to get my ticket signed as i was in the back of the bunch and Mika streched his arm for my ticket and i gave it to him to sign...

He had a weird look on his face, as if to say: I know you, Wonka, we still have to deal with a few things before this is over...

So ,as revenge is a dish served cold i kinda got scared away...:lmfao: and stood back ON A SAFE DISTANCE just taking pics...:lmao:

As for the pic, Mika said the portuguese fanclub only but everyone jumped on him again which was a shame, as most of portuguese people are not showing up in the pic...I only hope Mika won't get the wrong idea about us portuguese peeps and decides not to come over here again...:(

But it was nahce having him so near, as we never did have a proper meet and greet, we only saw him coming out of Campo pequeno and even then he was in a rush...

Also, at the NMG (aka non meet&greet), a drunk guy stopped by and yelled Ola, Mika, estas bem?? meaning: Hi, Mika, are you ok?, to which he replied Estas bem! meaning :You are ok! Instead of “Estou bem!” (Meaning I am ok!) :lmfao:

Last but not least i simply adored to meet everyone, new and old faces, i just hope we can share a lot more gigs together...

Edited by willywonka

So, here's my report...

I won't go into further details as everyone reported so well Mika's gig...

I just wanted to moan a bit about NOT THE RAIN (which got me a cold today), NOT SORE LEGS (from standing up for 8 hrs), NOT A SORE BLADDER (for not being able to pee for 8 hrs), but about GDT (aka Godamn Tindersticks)...

Be sure, this is the most annoying, upsetting, boring band there is...

And for Mika fans, who are hyper waiting for Mika on a festival, that has to be the worst thing that could happen..i've never said so many bad words in my own language then when i was watching them yesterday...

So, after this being said, let's start the report...

I won't comment on the gig iself as everyone here described it so well just wanted to say that Mika is improving on his portuguese, thats for sure...

He spoke a lot in portuguese, but i'm sure you heard that through the link of RADIO COMERCIAL...The best sentence of the night was:” MARRRRRI A ANTOINETA ESTA MORRRRTA!”, meaning Marie Antoinette is dead, on which he pronounced the r's a bit harsher and that was a blast!!!

I was happy with the gig, even if it seemed a bit shorter than others, no matter how wet we were, how cold it was, no matter how people were pushing to steal my front row spot, no matter how my legs hurt, Mika was thyere in front of me, so i forgot everything else...

The “non” m&g started fine, with Mika coming out of the car to greet us, but suddenly things fell out of control and when i took notice thee was a huge crowd jumping over him, everyone talking at the same time, using flashes hey were asked not to, not forming a line, as they were asked to...

I was able to get my ticket signed as i was in the back of the bunch and Mika streched his arm for my ticket and i gave it to him to sign...

He had a weird look on his face, as if to say: I know you, Wonka, we still have to deal with a few things before this is over...

So ,as revenge is a dish served cold i kinda got scared away...:lmfao: and stood back ON A SAFE DISTANCE just taking pics...:lmao:

As for the pic, Mika said the portuguese fanclub only but everyone jumped on him again which was a shame, as most of portuguese people are not showing up in the pic...I only hope Mika won't get the wrong idea about us portuguese peeps and decides not to come over here again...:(

But it was nahce having him so near, as we never did have a proper meet and greet, we only saw him coming out of Campo pequeno and even then he was in a rush...

Also, at the NMG (aka non meet&greet), a drunk guy stopped by and yelled Ola, Mika, estas bem?? meaning: Hi, Mika, are you ok?, to which he replied Estas bem! meaning :You are ok! Instead of “Estou bem!” (Meaning I am ok!) :lmfao:

Last but not least i simply adored to meet everyone, new and old faces, i just hope we can share a lot more gigs together...

*mama wonka, obrigado pela preocupação pós concerto, mal vçs partiram o meu irmão apareceu, Obrigado :wub2:*

*mama wonka, obrigado pela preocupação pós concerto, mal vçs partiram o meu irmão apareceu, Obrigado :wub2:*

Nos ainda paramos o carro uns metros a frente e eu ainda te fui espreitar a esquina mas ja nao estavas la...:wink2:

Woooonkssssssssssssss! :huglove:

As for the NMG...I was caught in the mess, you're saying there was someone trying to organize the whole thing? Who was the poor person? did he/she got ran over by the crowd? :shocked: (honestly, I heard nothing about forming a line or anything!) *is shocked*

(even though I felt bad for using the flash for a couple pics, the feeling kinda went away when I saw the huge smile I caught on a pic! *bad fan* ) backingout.gif

Woooonkssssssssssssss! :huglove:

As for the NMG...I was caught in the mess, you're saying there was someone trying to organize the whole thing? Who was the poor person? did he/she got ran over by the crowd? :shocked: (honestly, I heard nothing about forming a line or anything!) *is shocked*

(even though I felt bad for using the flash for a couple pics, the feeling kinda went away when I saw the huge smile I caught on a pic! *bad fan* ) backingout.gif

The security guy that was around while we were waiting...

He vanished after the "invasion"...

Me, the dumb Wonka, obbeyed the damn rules and all i got are a few black blurs...:sneaky2:

The security guy that was around while we were waiting...

He vanished after the "invasion"...

Me, the dumb Wonka, obbeyed the damn rules and all i got are a few black blurs...:sneaky2:

LOOOOL A security guard that vanishes when the crowd appears is very useful! :lmfao:

I got one great smile. Enough for Mary. :biggrin2: (took a couple more, but is basically him signing a SfS book and talking to Olga).

Here it is:

268073_10150251537898049_533858048_7357889_1571653_n.jpg

*fangurls*

Ok Mary, behave! :mf_rosetinted:

LOOOOL A security guard that vanishes when the crowd appears is very useful! :lmfao:

I got one great smile. Enough for Mary. :biggrin2: (took a couple more, but is basically him signing a SfS book and talking to Olga).

Here it is:

*fangurls*

Wuaaaapooooooooo!

Edited by willywonka

Was it like that?? Cause we thought he was saying: (in his "own" language):

are you good? (like "are you hot"?)

Mika: :blink:

guy: Are you hot?

Mika: I´m "fine" (ben) :aah:

guy: no,you are hot!!!

Mika: :aah::aah: Ok :aah::aah:

Well, my second vid. I didn´t take pics, just got my pic signed by stretching arm, never got to talk to him and left when I cut the video. Anyway I had nothing to tell to him, but it was quite obvious that there were people with me who wanted to talk to him but since people who had been talking to Mika 9458384758394574857 times never moved on, stayed front row :mf_rosetinted: and avoided all of us to reach to him. Again I´m not complaining cause I had nothing to say with my freaking fluent amazing english :mf_rosetinted:, but well, yeah... whatever.

You can see in the vid how things went.

[YOUTUBE]6B5qim2xUPs[/YOUTUBE]

Here it is:

*fangurls*

Wait for Marian´s pics :mf_rosetinted:

:swoon:

oh, you have your chat with Mika vid :aah:

Edited by basicamenteyo