Daylistar:Mika's all write

greta

MIKA'S ALL WRITE

6s6wmme.jpg

ABOVE: Mika's been a busy boy

9th January 2008

MIKA started making his second album before he had even finished his mammoth-selling debut Life In Cartoon Motion.

The Lebanese-born 24-year-old, who looks certain to get a Best British Male nod in next week’s BRITs nominations, is a songwriting powerhouse. The singer told me: “I don’t necessarily write things to meet quotas on albums.

“It’s part of the plumbing of my daily life.

“Then I curate a few songs into an album.

“I was working on my second album before I had even finished making my first.”

The man is worthy of a gong for that reason alone, surely.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/26110/Mika-s-all-write/

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, nice (or even naaaaice) to read something positive about Mika in the British rags for a change.

I can't waaaait for the second album.

And I hope it's more than just a 'nod' he gets at the Brits. We want trophies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink2:

a second album!! yeahhhh!

but i`m a bit worried he get sick again.. he looks so tired in that pic! gorgeous... but tired

That pic looks almost a year old to me. Maybe last March? I haven't seen it before but his hair is so long and his face so thin.

That pic looks almost a year old to me. Maybe last March? I haven't seen it before but his hair is so long and his face so thin.

I have to disagree, I think it looks quite recent, but who knows.

He does look tired but then I think he has looked pretty much constantly tired for months now. His 'lazy eye' doesn't help either.

It can't be ultra recent as he's just had his hair chopped back again hasn't he.

I have to disagree, I think it looks quite recent, but who knows.

He does look tired but then I think he has looked pretty much constantly tired for months now. His 'lazy eye' doesn't help either.

It can't be ultra recent as he's just had his hair chopped back again hasn't he.

Yeh I agree I think its quite recent

Come on the britsssssssssssss:punk:

It is so nice to see articles like that written about him! He is starting to get the recognition he deserves which is great!! :thumb_yello:

He may be dyslexic but I agree with many ppl when they say he has a way with words,there are so many nice lines he has said in interviews or gigs that have made me look at and think of things differently, and it is great that a singer does that! :wub2:

I don't mind him tired-looking, don't get me wrong.

Bedroom eyes, is what I call it :blush-anim-cl:

:naughty:

I just don't see the distinction between whatever his normal look is and this supposedly tired look that everyone comments on. But maybe as you said, he's been tired all year so there is no distinction.

It's working for me, whatever you want to call it. :naughty:

about Holy Johnny and How Much, do you know if there are going to be part of the next album??

He has already said during gigs that How Much..? will be on the second album. And I assume HJ will be too, it has to be, it's too good a song not to be!

It is so nice to see articles like that written about him! He is starting to get the recognition he deserves which is great!! :thumb_yello:

I am one of the most cynical people re: the British Press you will ever meet, but I do like to think optimistically, that eventually Mika will earn their respect, as his talent, work ethic and integrity are all recognised.

My greatest wish is that in 5-10 years time the press who slag him needlessly today will be fawning around him.

I just don't see the distinction between whatever his normal look is and this supposedly tired look that everyone comments on. But maybe as you said, he's been tired all year so there is no distinction.

It's working for me, whatever you want to call it. :naughty:

Sometimes he just looks as if he hasn't slept, that 'drawn' look around the eyes. Not haggard, like myself when I haven't slept, but then he has the benefit of youth :naughty: Because he is in the prime of his physical attractiveness he can get away with it. Wish I could! :roftl:

My greatest wish is that in 5-10 years time the press who slag him needlessly today will be fawning around him.

I can see that happening. I think other artists and the general public will continue to recognize his achievements, his potential and the grace and dignity that is so lacking in many of these young British artists. The press will have to follow suit at some point. That won't keep slagging him off if no one wants to hear it.

Because he is in the prime of his physical attractiveness he can get away with it. Wish I could! :roftl:

He's also just outrageously photogenic. He may be able to get away with it for a long time to come, not just because he's in his mid-20s.

I can see that happening. I think other artists and the general public will continue to recognize his achievements, his potential and the grace and dignity that is so lacking in many of these young British artists. The press will have to follow suit at some point. That won't keep slagging him off if no one wants to hear it.

He's also just outrageously photogenic. He may be able to get away with it for a long time to come, not just because he's in his mid-20s.

I think when more credible and respected artist such as Michael Stipe are quoted as being inspired or influenced by Mika, as I feel sure they will, people will really start to see him in a different light. Well I hope so.

I often find myself wondering what Mika will look like when he is my age....

I need some new things to wonder about I think :boxed::naughty: .

Awww bless doesn't he look just sooooooooooooooooooo cute! def tired though he needs a long holiday (with me of course! chicken chicken chicken chicken!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow: )

:roftl: I thought I could smell the hot poultry.

That's the trouble isn't it though, he wouldn't get any more sleep if he was 'on holiday' with any of us.

*runs away :blush-anim-cl: *