MIKA in Balaton Sound Festival, Hungary - 8 July 2011

Christine

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But... but.... :shocked: It´s amazing :shocked:

what a fantastic place to perform!!!!!:shocked:

Yes. It is also a nice place just to hang around.

Maybe there are some cheap flights from Madrid to Budapest.... Have you checked it yet? :wink2:

Yes. It is also a nice place just to hang around.

Maybe there are some cheap flights from Madrid to Budapest.... Have you checked it yet? :wink2:

Well I´m going to Portugal,so I don´t think I could go there too... but... I was amazed cause never expected it were soooo beautiful... and if I ever decide to go,for sure it won´t be because of a gig,cause then I have no time to enjoy such a woderful place..

I really wish I could go but I'm leaving Hungary for the summer :tears::tears:

But I really wish all of you to have a really good time!

:emot_sad: I am sorry to hear you can't come.

I hope you'll enjoy your summer nevertherless wherever you will be - it will probably be some lovely place, anyway.

Well I´m going to Portugal,so I don´t think I could go there too... but... I was amazed cause never expected it were soooo beautiful... and if I ever decide to go,for sure it won´t be because of a gig,cause then I have no time to enjoy such a woderful place..

Good point. Hopefully those who come will stay a bit longer to enjoy sights near the lake or in Budapest. I said it on the other thread as well, but let me repeat it here, too: if you would like to know any practical information about the festival or travelling around in Hungary, just ask it here.

I'm really happy that he comes back to Hungary. Yes, Balaton is a very special place here, lot of fun, lot of tourists... perfect place for a summer festival which profile is the electropop and pop music.

I hope that I see him this year live again... It's a special situation for me because I saw him first time at Sziget festival last year and I'm his fan since this show.:biggrin2: So if he comes back I will see him second time, but as a fan first time. :teehee: Okay, maybe it's a little bit "strange", it's hard to express my feelings.

I planned to go to Bucharest but decided on Balaton in the end :wink2: I'll be traveling with a family of one of my students to the festival, but since I have to return earlier (I bought a ticket for Exit festival back in December, and it's held at the same time as Balaton festival :sneaky2:) I need to figure out how to get to Novi Sad from there... how far is Balaton from Budapest?

I planned to go to Bucharest but decided on Balaton in the end :wink2: I'll be traveling with a family of one of my students to the festival, but since I have to return earlier (I bought a ticket for Exit festival back in December, and it's held at the same time as Balaton festival :sneaky2:) I need to figure out how to get to Novi Sad from there... how far is Balaton from Budapest?

From Novi Sad the train arrives at Keleti Railway station in Budapest (it will take you around 6 hours if no delay) and then you'd need to transfer to Déli Railway station to get to the place of the festival in Zamárdi (that takes 2 hours). Actually, there are trains from Keleti Railway station to Zamárdi as well - no need to transfer then, just change trains.

You can check train timetables here:

http://elvira.mav-start.hu/elvira.dl...dex?language=3

If you leave Novi Sad in the morning, however, I don't think you can get to the festival earlier than 7pm. It might still be Ok, though, as Mika is likely to start his performance after 8pm.

We haven't discussed with the Hungarian fans as to how we want to get there, but we are likely to leave in the morning from Budapest.

Look forward to meeting you soon :boing:

From Novi Sad the train arrives at Keleti Railway station in Budapest (it will take you around 6 hours if no delay) and then you'd need to transfer to Déli Railway station to get to the place of the festival in Zamárdi (that takes 2 hours). Actually, there are trains from Keleti Railway station to Zamárdi as well - no need to transfer then, just change trains.

You can check train timetables here:

http://elvira.mav-start.hu/elvira.dl...dex?language=3

If you leave Novi Sad in the morning, however, I don't think you can get to the festival earlier than 7pm. It might still be Ok, though, as Mika is likely to start his performance after 8pm.

We haven't discussed with the Hungarian fans as to how we want to get there, but we are likely to leave in the morning from Budapest.

Look forward to meeting you soon :boing:

thank you dear! :)

actually, we will be arriving by car, and I will probably have the ride from Balaton to Budapest, it's only from there that I need to find a train to take me to Novi Sad :wink2: or I might decide to stay on Balaton for the weekend :biggrin2:

when do you think we should leave NS to get in time for the festival if we go by car?

yay, I can't wait, America Express sent the confirmation today, the tickets are arriving soon :clap:

Hope I'll meet lost of MFCers there!! :wink2:

when do you think we should leave NS to get in time for the festival if we go by car?

I have just put it in google maps and it offers 2 routes:

A, via Budapest :shocked: - don't even think about it: it is more than 100km longer:wink2:

B, via Sombor - Baja - Szekszard and Tamási.

It is supposed to be 294km and they expect it to take 5.5 hrs - probably because of the quality of the roads and also because of the speed limit due to the many settlements you pass by. But at least you can do some 'signtseeing' instead of the stupid motorway.:teehee:

I have just put it in google maps and it offers 2 routes:

A, via Budapest :shocked: - don't even think about it: it is more than 100km longer:wink2:

B, via Sombor - Baja - Szekszard and Tamási.

It is supposed to be 294km and they expect it to take 5.5 hrs - probably because of the quality of the roads and also because of the speed limit due to the many settlements you pass by. But at least you can do some 'signtseeing' instead of the stupid motorway.:teehee:

Thanks! :biggrin2:

I forwarded your info to the person who will be driving :wink2:

we have to organize a MFC meeting there :aah::biggrin2:

Hey sweeties!

I´m in hungary, I´m going! :wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:

Maybe we should meet before, we can be there like toghether! MFCers under the stage! :group_hug:

I´m going with my mummy and she can´t wait too! :fangurl:

I hope we´ll have an amazing time! :thumb_yello:

Hey sweeties!

I´m in hungary, I´m going! :wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:

Hi!:boing:

I am glad to hear that!

It looks like we will have an international gathering there: besides Hungarians, fans from Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Slovakia, Germany and hopefully from Austria are also coming. :yay:

Hi!:boing:

I am glad to hear that!

It looks like we will have an international gathering there: besides Hungarians, fans from Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Slovakia, Germany and hopefully from Austria are also coming. :yay:

let's gather in front of the stage :wink2:

let's gather in front of the stage :wink2:

I think that goes without saying :roftl:. We'll all be front row.:teehee:

What time are you going to arrive?

I will have my mobile with me and will be sending updates from my twitter account during the day.

I think that goes without saying :roftl:. We'll all be front row.:teehee:

What time are you going to arrive?

I will have my mobile with me and will be sending updates from my twitter account during the day.

I don´t know. I already have a ticket. It´s from 6am to 8am next morning. So I don´t know, do we want to be there from the beggining, or will we wait for Mika between entry or what? :aah: I don´t know, I hoped that you all know how to do it, I´ve never been on something like this. :wub2:

I don´t know. I already have a ticket. It´s from 6am to 8am next morning. So I don´t know, do we want to be there from the beggining, or will we wait for Mika between entry or what? :aah: I don´t know, I hoped that you all know how to do it, I´ve never been on something like this. :wub2:

I am not sure what you mean by being there from the beginning or wait for Mika.... Do you mean wating for Mika's arrival at the VIP entrance? I never do that and I think festivals are not like proper venues where there is usually one backstage entrance..etc, so I wouldn't be sure where he'd enter and leave the place :dunno:

We'll just get there probably by midday as we all travel from other places and hang around the stage, I suppose.

I am not sure what you mean by being there from the beginning or wait for Mika.... Do you mean wating for Mika's arrival at the VIP entrance? I never do that and I think festivals are not like proper venues where there is usually one backstage entrance..etc, so I wouldn't be sure where he'd enter and leave the place :dunno:

We'll just get there probably by midday as we all travel from other places and hang around the stage, I suppose.

Yepp I meant his arrival. I don´t know, like I said, I never did something like this before. It´s my first show :blush-anim-cl: Anyway, if we´re together as MFCers, I´m sure he will come to see us. I hope.

Yepp I meant his arrival. I don´t know, like I said, I never did something like this before. It´s my first show :blush-anim-cl: Anyway, if we´re together as MFCers, I´m sure he will come to see us. I hope.

oh, I forgot that it is your first show but now I remember the Prague gig you wanted to attend but he cancelled... :doh:

Anyway, I wouldn't expect him to meet fans after this one as it is a bit complicated to arrange at festivals and he has an important gig the next day in France, but you never know :dunno:

I am not even sure if he came out to meet fans last year at Sziget festival. We left early and most people were not sure where to wait for him (there was a rather big VIP area). However, some people told us that he did meet some fans afterwards.:dunno:

Archived