Mercury retrograde -- that cosmic phenomenon causing communications...

titania

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cringe whenever I hear/read the Leo Sayer thing...:shocked:

Michael Hutchence though...that's more like it! Though actually I hate him being compared to anyone now.

"His stage presence is stratospheric" :biggrin2:

thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

New material failed to impress...???? It's only Holy Johnny isn't it?? (We need those reports!) Bet the reviewer wasn't close enough to the front to see the MFCers singing along!!:naughty:

New material failed to impress...???? It's only Holy Johnny isn't it?? (We need those reports!) Bet the reviewer wasn't close enough to the front to see the MFCers singing along!!:naughty:

Yes - failed to impress who, exactly? Holy Johnny is great :thumb_yello:

What they say about the new songs failing to impress, well if no one is totally familiar with them and don't know the words yet, It doesn't mean people aren't impressed with them, it just means they aren't familiar with them yet. I expect after a few listens they'll be singing them with the same relish as the other songs.

Idon't know, journalists and their penchant for sweeping statements.

miamiherald.com

Monday, Jun 18, 2007

http://www.miamiherald.com/277/story/143103.html

That's because the skies opened up Sunday afternoon, stalling his plane on the runway for a couple hours at Miami International Airport, Mika's manager Jerry Blair said, adding that when the crew finally arrived at Studio A the club, still in disarray from the night before, was not prepared for a concert.

Oh that sucks! Mika, I totally feel your pain. I was coming home from a trip just two weeks ago, and our plane landed at Calgary International Airport in the middle of a heavy rainstorm. We were stuck on the tarmac for over two hours, about 400 feet from the gate. It was awful - any bit of underlying claustrophobia anyone had came bubbling up to the surface - angry business people, crying babies, the works. And when I finally got off, all I had to do was have a cup of green tea and go to bed! I can't imagine playing a gig after that. Mika, you're amazing!

But apart from that, great review - thanks for posting! :thumb_yello:

Man, Titania, you beat me to it, I was gonna post this earlier today.. Kudos to you... :thumb_yello: Lol at the technical difficulties... Our show in LA was Fab.. i only noticed one mishap when his microphone failed to work and he went with the paleta (lollipop) girl (Who was in the choir)to continue the song and then the mic worked again.. he only made a very discreet gesture and tapped the mic as it failed , shrugged and went to the paleta... So Professional:wink2: ... sigh! By the way I love your Name and what it means.... you faerie Queen U.

What a rough night! I hope he will take some time today to recover. It really sucks when performances don't go the way you want, especially when you're a perfectionist. But, the show must go on, and it looks like Mika still gave it his all. :thumb_yello:

OMG! :biggrin2: This is a great review!

I went to his concert last night. I had suspected he had broken his zipper, but I wasn't sure. But I do remember him stepping onstage, everyone screaming, and then he sort of ducked his head and went back inside. :roftl:

BTW, the concert was fantastic! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

OMG! :biggrin2: This is a great review!

I went to his concert last night. I had suspected he had broken his zipper, but I wasn't sure. But I do remember him stepping onstage, everyone screaming, and then he sort of ducked his head and went back inside. :roftl:

BTW, the concert was fantastic! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

i would have loved to be at that show.. and take matters into my own hands, rescue him and personally fix his zipper.. :naughty: