"I can be anything you like.."

Suzy

I'm sorry if I'm asking a silly question but do you write letters to him in myspace?

I've heard from many people that he answers very soon and that makes me confused becouse he probably receives hundreds of letters every day.:blink:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my reply to Violet_sky's post in ...thoughts...

about this I have to say I often think to myself the same thing... can he be really this way? He seems too perfect!

I have met other famous people, even less than him, and they were not this way...

it's so hard to face all this situation... fans, gigs and so on

And he showed to be very determined..not only cheerful and kind

He stops when he makes a mistake playing the piano

he's a perfectionist

he wants the best from people who works with him

but I've also read Luke and Martin saying that he makes them feel a group, all at the same level

There's not a diva, even if we all know he's the boss

He manages to obtain the best GIVING THE BEST HIMSELF

No one wants to disappoint him, because he deserves to have the best

I mean...I think he's cheerful, kind, sweet, funny and always giggling, but he's very, very intelligent too!

I use to repeat I think he's a genius

I really think that because he can be everything HE wants to be

he's Freddie, he's Grace kelly, he's hot, he's childish, he's sweet, funny, generous, clever....always in the right moment

That makes Mika so perfect

I really admire him...he's an example to follow to my eyes :)

I swear my behaviour towards other people is very changed since I'm a fan of him...I'm more patient and kind :)

Or at least I hope so :naughty:

I still think the same thing

I've read that someone asked him if she could touch his hair and he just answered 'no' because he wasn't at ease...I mean, he wants to please us, but he sets some limits. He wasn't hypocrite letting fans doing what they wanted but thinking they were crazy. He just did did the best thing: put a limitation to what is good and what is excessive

This shows that he's genuine and real...no fake identities :thumb_yello:

(I don't know if you get me...my english gaves me some troubles in explaining my ideas...:blush-anim-cl: )

I'm sorry if I'm asking a silly question but do you write letters to him in myspace?

I've heard from many people that he answers very soon and that makes me confused becouse he probably receives hundreds of letters every day.:blink:

i wrote, but he never answered me...quite understandable :wink2:

What? I dont get it... :winksmiley02: ...Are you saying that Mika is just playing different roles during interviews etc.? If that is what you are saying, then I disagree. Mika is Mika... ...I am sure hi is not pretending to be anyone else. Because if he was, then why didnt he change himself in the first place just so he could get a foot in the music industri and get famous?:boxed: (Im talking about the music company that he wrote Grace Kelly to)

Im a little confused... :hypo:

In everything he does, Mika is himself. This gives us his randomness, and also fascinating encounters and interviews. He makes his life, his career more interesting for himself by going beyond the basics. Promo could drive anyone mad with boredom. Rather than endlessly discussing the same trite things in interviews, he is likely to hijack topics, or decide to treat the interviewers as real people, and ask them what they think or would do, clearly taking them by surprise. And he is getting better at it with practice!

He is also career focussed, which gives him the drive and the reason to persist through the boredom and repetition, and turn it into a life he can enjoy leading.

He is absolutely genuine, sincere and involved in what he takes on. His drive to make music his career is an integral part of that, as is his conviction that he should be 1000% himself rather than change.

He is an incredibly rare person who has sorted himself out, and has no internal conflicts about why he is doing what he does, how he accidently got there, or whether it is all worthwhile. From that position of balance, he can dare to do things that others are too insecure to consider, too unsure of how others might react.

His music career is not a veneer on top of his personality, not a mask he has put on to fool everyone, not a job he is lucky enough to hold for a short while. It is intrinsic to him, years of his life have been dedicated to it, and he will go where it takes him, in his own way, as he perceives it.

Exactly.

And while I'm not saying he's not being himself, when you become a public persona, you always have to choose which "yourself" you are going to put forth. Some people don't make that choice consciously, some make it haphazardly. I believe Mika made that choice very carefully and early on, with much OCD attention to detail. He's not acting by being something he's not, but in a way he's acting out being a certain part of what he is.

And I also believe that his extreme kindness to fans, while genuine, is also good business strategy, carried out quite purposefully. After all, he's someone who can thank a fan for a lovely gift reproducing DaWack's artwork while also making sure it wouldn't be sold for profit or infringe upon copyright! He never loses his head, that boy, hahah.

--Jack

Exactly.

... After all, he's someone who can thank a fan for a lovely gift reproducing DaWack's artwork while also making sure it wouldn't be sold for profit or infringe upon copyright! He never loses his head, that boy, hahah.

--Jack

Actually, his mention about copyright that wasn't about the bag I made at all. He was absolutely thrilled and admiring about the bag, no copyright thoughts crossed his mind (which was something I had considered might happen, because I did use their art for the bag).

I asked his permission to make and exhibit something else, and he was asking about my intentions about that. He was pleased that I would want to make it, but then quickly checked all the proper things about was I going to sell, or make more than one. Then he went back to being pleased.

In all my pre-considered scenarios, I go the best possible, dream reaction, where he was happy, but also understood the consequences and was being careful about it.

Anyone can use his stuff for their own personal use, but since I want to exhibit, I needed his permission. (I also cornered Yasmine as she went past the queue, and checked with her as well.)

Exactly.

And while I'm not saying he's not being himself, when you become a public persona, you always have to choose which "yourself" you are going to put forth. Some people don't make that choice consciously, some make it haphazardly. I believe Mika made that choice very carefully and early on, with much OCD attention to detail. He's not acting by being something he's not, but in a way he's acting out being a certain part of what he is.

--Jack

I couldn't agree more with this!! I think it was Durrell (English writer) who once wrote that everyone of us only shows a certain part to every person!! that's why the opinion about one person might be different from one of his friends to another! human beings are very complex, they have more than one facett and the one person you see that best in is yourself! because you just don't see every facett of the other people...

sorry I got quite philosophical here :P but it's a subject I've often been thinking about

Great points, and I agree with all of it! When I watched him tear up the stage in LA, I stared up at him and thought, "This is what he was born to do." This is his dream, and he fulfilling it, full speed ahead! He strikes as the kind of man who wants all or nothing. He wants full control over his career, and I have so much respect for him because of it. He will never end up being someone's puppet or pawn. At the same time, I am taken aback by his demeanor. I'm sure he can be a real bulldog in the studio and in rehearsal, but outside of that, he is so approachable. Many artists with his kind of talent and drive would have no problem shoving past "the little people", but Mika knows how important every single fan is to his success. His genuine love for his fans is almost unreal.

I hate to admit it, but in some ways I am a little envious of his vision and drive. I am a musician also, but I don't have my act together nearly as much as Mika does. It's great to see someone so young be so focused. Some people might think he's off in a fantasy land, but really, he knows what he's doing. He created that fantasy. He is also a great showman, and knows how to draw people in to his world. Really, I am so impressed with him in so many ways, that I wish I could fast forward 20 years to see how his career takes shape. As long as he stays in control of his career, I believe he will continue to produce quality work. He is off to a very strong start. :thumb_yello: