the LILY ALLEN THREAD

vanessa

It was only because Lily played on a UK chat show, that we found out, otherwise we might have been in the dark until anyone on here discovered recent concert vids, or anyone going to an upcoming concert would have seen him on stage.

wow so he is touring with her now and everything:shocked:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oooooo i hope he tours with her when she comes to the us (if she does) ive been wanting to go to lilys concert for a while and him being there will be so exciting!!!!!

oooo btw i am listening to lilys new album and it is AMAZING i love it!

If we can get tickets tomorrow' date=' my nephews girlfriend and me are going in two weeks.[/color']

She's a big fan of Lilys.

oooooo i hope he tours with her when she comes to the us (if she does) ive been wanting to go to lilys concert for a while and him being there will be so exciting!!!!!

I just read today that she said she's touring the US starting April 1 and her schedule is open for the whole month so I'd expect some dates very soon.

She did all ages shows in Toronto so you might get lucky this time around. Keep an eye out.

I couldn't resist, and posted a comment on that article saying:

'Are you kidding me? 'wrapped up warm in hotpants'?'

...and some other little bit which I can't recall 100%.

Not approved yet (if at all) :naughty:.

I couldn't resist, and posted a comment on that article saying:

'Are you kidding me? 'wrapped up warm in hotpants'?'

...and some other little bit which I can't recall 100%.

Not approved yet (if at all) :naughty:.

Some southern flowers don’t know much how to dress in cold weather, do they?:naughty:

As opposite from those who take a trip to Canada in January and spends hours and hours outdoors…:wub2:

I hope it gets approved!

Doesn't look like I'll be going now.

My nephews girlfriend just texted and doesn't think she can afford to go.

Understandable, i'm a bit strapped myself at the moment.

That's too bad Rose.

North American dates are up. Thanks to Suzy for grabbing our tickets. :thumb_yello:

1 Apr 2009 House of Blues San Diego, California

3 Apr 2009 The Wiltern Los Angeles, California

4 Apr 2009 The Warfield San Francisco, California

6 Apr 2009 The Showbox SODO Seattle, Washington

8 Apr 2009 The Venue Salt Lake City, Utah

9 Apr 2009 Ogden Theater Denver, Colorado

11 Apr 2009 First Avenue Minneapolis, Minnesota

12 Apr 2009 Vic Theater Chicago, Illinois

13 Apr 2009 St. Andrews Hall Detroit, Michigan

15 Apr 2009 Variety Playhouse Atlanta, Georgia

17 Apr 2009 9.30 Club Washington DC, Washington DC

18 Apr 2009 Theater of the Living Arts Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

19 Apr 2009 House Of Blues Boston, Massachusetts

20 Apr 2009 Roseland New York, New York

22 Apr 2009 Phoenix Concert Theatre Toronto, Ontario

I smell a major case of Cutting Crew-ish borrowing in her new album. Is it just me or has she listened too much to Take That's 'Shine'? :roftl:

EDIT: Oh, okay, just read in the booklet that she actually really credited them.

However, the whole album doesn't sound very unique to me.

Edited by violet_sky

I smell a major case of Cutting Crew-ish borrowing in her new album. Is it just me or has she listened too much to Take That's 'Shine'? :roftl:

EDIT: Oh, okay, just read in the booklet that she actually really credited them.

However, the whole album doesn't sound very unique to me.

Yeah she said in the summer that it wasn't even going to be on the album because she'd ripped it off and couldn't be bothered with the paperwork. :roftl:

I guess she sorted it out because they eventually gave her permission to use it.

I find the Fear sounds like a Barenaked Ladies song, although not in a ripped off way. It just sounds as if it has been written by them in the same way Billy Brown sounds like a Beatles song.

Generally speaking though no one has done anything truly original since the 1980s so everyone is subject to this criticism. It doesn't bother me as long as they do it well and are influenced by good music and not some crap I hated the first time around. :naughty:

Generally speaking though no one has done anything truly original since the 1980s so everyone is subject to this criticism. It doesn't bother me as long as they do it well and are influenced by good music and not some crap I hated the first time around. :naughty:

I totally agree. It's just that her new album is one of few in which I find bits within almost each song of that I'm sure I have heard them elsewhere. She's probably really good with influences. However, I don't regret having bought it, it's really quite enjoyable.

I totally agree. It's just that her new album is one of few in which I find bits within almost each song of that I'm sure I have heard them elsewhere. She's probably really good with influences. However, I don't regret having bought it, it's really quite enjoyable.

Yeah, the enjoyable part is all that matters for me. I love just about everything Mark Ronson does from influencing the sounds on Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen's last albums to sampling other songs to make new ones or just plain covers. I like all the horns, sax, his artist/song choices, the new arrangements, etc.

But something like Gym Class Heroes' Cupid's Chokehold makes me think "no talent hacks". I couldn't stand that Supertramp song when it was on the charts the first time and some monotonous talking over it doesn't do much to improve it.

I'm not finding the sound very original either. I'm liking the lyrics though. Trouble is, they wear off (with me anyway) quicker than tunes.

i agree with you.

my sister (who doesn't know English) still enjoys some mika songs like Relax etc. but she got quickly bored with Lilly's first album. She thinks they all have similar tunes. First she said "smile" was better than relax. now the opposite.

i still enjoy listening her first album though.

Also i liked the new one ,she is a good song writer.

i agree with you.

my sister (who doesn't know English) still enjoys some mika songs like Relax etc. but she got quickly bored with Lilly's first album. She thinks they all have similar tunes. First she said "smile" was better than relax. now the opposite.

I must admit I haven't listened to it in a while. I'm glad I got them both though.

i agree with you.

I must say that I was never a Lily fan, but the new album is strangely growing on me, and I can totally see myself getting it in a couple of days :roftl:

I am quite enjoying Lily's new album. Thank you to the friendly donor who made it possible for me to have a bit of listen today. The song that has the nasty word in its title (which I will have to remind myself when kids are around) actually reminds me of a Carpenters song (the beginning).

*edit - I remember the song now - "Close To You"!

*Hums*...why do birds suddenly appear, every time, you are near... :naughty:

Edited by Suzy