the LILY ALLEN THREAD

vanessa

a short vid from last night starring Lily and Martin

He wasn't there

Oh I love that song, thanks for the link.

I was really impressed with her show. I saw her in 2006 and 2007 but her new set is so much better. She looks and sounds fantastic.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So tonight while MFC travels & gets ready for the Milan gig, I was front row at Lily Allen in Tokyo. She was really good.

She had a couple of puffs of her ventolin after the first song, and by the third song was lighting up a fag!:boxed:

The Tokyo security is so strict, they were taking cameras away again, but I have been developing this method of secretly filming gigs lately with the camera against my (ample) chest, which conceals the light from the back, but also prevents me seeing what is recording!!:naughty:

Anyway, I didn't dare get it out till the encore for Lily, when she did Smile, The Fear and Womanizer, which are my 3 faves anyway. She was really good.

My crappy videos all mashed together:

lily7.jpg

lily9.jpg

lilyc.jpg

So tonight while MFC travels & gets ready for the Milan gig, I was front row at Lily Allen in Tokyo. She was really good.

She had a couple of puffs of her ventolin after the first song, and by the third song was lighting up a fag!:boxed:

The Tokyo security is so strict, they were taking cameras away again, but I have been developing this method of secretly filming gigs lately with the camera against my (ample) chest, which conceals the light from the back, but also prevents me seeing what is recording!!:naughty:

Anyway, I didn't dare get it out till the encore for Lily, when she did Smile, The Fear and Womanizer, which are my 3 faves anyway. She was really good.

My crappy videos all mashed together:

lily7.jpg

lily9.jpg

lilyc.jpg

Oh, I love Allen, thank you for the video, she was really good. But why the hell did she light a fag?!!!

Ohh! Thanks BS!! Did you have a favourite part??

Yep, Womanizer, at the very end, and F You. That song was hilarious singing along. Kelz are you going to see her in Melbourne next week??

The Japanese guy next to me got the set list, and said to me, I never heard that song Womanizer before...here was me, one of the more "mature" fans telling him, it was a Britney cover, and he can see it on Youtube:naughty:

633604290_43.jpg

Edited by Blue Sky

Yep, Womanizer, at the very end, and F You. That song was hilarious singing along. Kelz are you going to see her in Melbourne next week??

The Japanese guy next to me got the set list, and said to me, I never heard that song Womanizer before...here was me, one of the more "mature" fans telling him, it was a Britney cover, and he can see it on Youtube:naughty:

633604290_43.jpg

:naughty: Well, it's a fact. You're knowledgable :bow:

Yep. Staying two nights in CBD. Seeing Lily on Friday. We've (Bec, DC and I) applied to be on Rove to watch her perform, which is on the Sunday. Hopefully we get to go to that too. Waiting on an email from them.

So, maybe 3 nights in the city. :woot_jump:

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe she actually chose "F*ck You" as her next single :shocked: It's one pf the songs I don't really like on this album... Though the video's really funny. :naughty:

PLEASE LILY, pleeeaase choose "Back To The Start" for your next single :crybaby:

I can't believe she actually chose "F*ck You" as her next single :shocked: It's one pf the songs I don't really like on this album... Though the video's really funny. :naughty:

PLEASE LILY, pleeeaase choose "Back To The Start" for your next single :crybaby:

Why not?It's the great song :thumb_yello:

Soooo...

I saw Lily Allen last weekend. Was in the front row thanks to a fellow Mikamite being obsessed with front row-ness. :naughty: We lined up from 4:30pm and I was 9th in line. I got lots of good pics. I really like her more than I did before I went (which always happens with me anyway :teehee: )

I only filmed a part of LDN because I was having too much fun to think about that. There was a point where Lily said she could smell someone smoking, and she told them off (without knowing who it was) and said that she felt like a smoke because of it. So a heap of people threw smokes on stage at her and then she told them to stop throwing them at her. A few lighters were thrown on stage as well. At one point she passed her half full glass to the girls in the centre of the front row and the person behind them quickly stole the straw out of the glass. :naughty:

Smokes, red shoes and the glass of unknown substance that got given away.

3621656454_f605197bf7_b.jpg

3621578376_d16ce72f31_b.jpg

3621639190_8cc5afd6ca_b.jpg

During F*** You.

3620856981_a601584122_b.jpg

And this is the set that I've uploaded

Thank you for the beautiful pictures!:wub2:

I really love her music, never seen her life though, I don't think she is very interested to come to a small country like mine!:naughty:

I'm actually surprised Mika has been here but I would be even more suprised if he was coming back!:teehee:

Thank you for the beautiful pictures!:wub2:

I really love her music, never seen her life though, I don't think she is very interested to come to a small country like mine!:naughty:

I'm actually surprised Mika has been here but I would be even more suprised if he was coming back!:teehee:

Welcome!! :biggrin2:

You'd enjoy it, though she pretty much just walks from side to side of the microphone to begin with, but towards the end she started dancing around more.

Nothing compared to Mika dancing all over the place. :naughty:

Hopefully, he does come back for you soon though :wink2:

• 3 weeks later...

Lily had a gig on the EXIT festival in Novi Sad on the 9th :boing: Sadly I wasn't there, but I watched her gig on telly and it was FANTASTIC! She was so spontaneous, so relaxed and her communication with the crowd is just amazing. I loved the part when she just dragged a cigarre out of her pocket and started smoking,like there was nothing happening :naughty::wub2:

She played like, 9-10 songs - most from the 2nd album except "Smile" and "The Littlest Things". :thumb_yello:

• 2 months later...

From The Sunhttp://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2652941/Lily-confirms-retirement-from-music.html

LILY ALLEN has confirmed she will never make another album.

The Smile singer made the announcement on her new blog - called It's Not Alright, which aims to stop people file sharing music on the internet - revealing she has no plans to release new songs or tour again.

She wrote: "Just so you know, I have not renegotiated my record contract and have no plans to make another record. I do however remain a fan of new music, so this is not some selfish crusade.

"The days of me making money from recording music has been and gone as far as I'm concerned, so I don't stand to profit from legislation. Except future purchases of previously recorded material."

The 24-year-old star is now focusing on her appearance in a London theatre production called 'Reasons to be Pretty', which follows a group of working-class people who are bored with their lives.

It is not the first time Lily has voiced her desire to give up her singing career.

Earlier this month, she said: "I'm not going record and tour again for quite a while.

"I finish up my dates in March and I'll be ready to do something else. I've been on the road for four years and I've given my voice a real run for its money. I'm struggling, so I'm going to try something new.

"The play is about themes close to my heart, about the really damaging cult of beauty among young girls."

Yeah I don't know what to believe anymore, you hear that, 5 minutes later it's: no nooo, her publicist has announced she's not quitting, she just meant she isn't doing an album now since she's busy promoting her current one... etc etc

:dunno:

Thank you for posting!

Lily Allen... our extremly talented problem child!:wub2:

Among the contemporary artists she is the one I listen to almost as much as Mika!

Some of her texts are just genial, and don’t even get me started on the music!:blush-anim-cl:

I don't think a statement from her like this necessary is written in stone but if she never does any music again the world has lost a true talent!:boxed:

• 2 months later...