No Brains or Beauty here, but ARTISTIC!

Suzy

This thread was created as a bit of a "reaction" towards all of us who suddenly felt like we needed to show off our intelligence after MIKA's interview stating he preferred "brains" over "beauty" - sadly, I'm neither :roftl: Although I've done well in school all my life and finished with 2 University degrees, I'm finding that I'm not really all that smart. But I do pride myself in being quite ARTISTIC.

Unlike MIKA who followed his passion, I followed the Academic path but gave up on doing what my heart desired - visual arts.

I am not trained in any ARTISTIC arena at all, but it comes out in everything I do. From my style of dress to the the way I arrange the fruit in a bowl and even when I play with PLAY-DOH with my kids! Every visual display whether its in print media, home decor or fashion and I pick everything apart and want to fix it until it looks right and different from the boring mainstream of things.

So who will join me in the this ARTISTIC group? Tell us how you express your ARTISTRY (music, visual, poetry, literature, fashion, a colourful vivid imagination, or a bit of everything)

List of ARTISTS:

*MIKA* (our honorary ARTIST expressing his individual and unique style in all facets of his life.)

1. Suzy

2. skimbletapps

3. Hannah

4. kantorlight

5. Jackviolet (whether she wants to be or not)

6. Fmbm

7. calicojasmine

8. amandaMIA

9. DaMango

10. mel tinydancer

11. AKateisaKate

12. LnrdToxic

13. Frances

14. Bexxy

15. violet sky

16. veer

17. phunkygal

18. sesil17aa

19. wasabi tea

20. Iona

21. Shezzy12

22. my rainbow radio

23. esperia75

24. Finkster

25. itsnakes&latter btch

26. Stormy Weather

27. nikoulini

28. Myra

29. curly

30. vanessa

31. lazy_daisy

32. Rainbow Sky

33. tauruslady

34. DavidM.

35. Cynthia Mulat

36. Rosinakiwi

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I express myself through music, acting, and writing. I live and breathe music, and it's really what I want to do for the rest of my life. I love to sing, and I also reallt want to be involved in musical theatre for the rest of my life. For me, there's nothing quite like embodying a character who may be completely different from myself, and expressing their feelings through music. It's one of the most fulfilling feelings I've ever experienced.

I also love to write. Opinion pieces, poetry, stories etc. Although I would never seriously consider making a career out of writing, it's still something I'm really passionate about.

I express myself through music, acting, and writing. I live and breathe music, and it's really what I want to do for the rest of my life. I love to sing, and I also reallt want to be involved in musical theatre for the rest of my life. For me, there's nothing quite like embodying a character who may be completely different from myself, and expressing their feelings through music. It's one of the most fulfilling feelings I've ever experienced.

I also love to write. Opinion pieces, poetry, stories etc. Although I would never seriously consider making a career out of writing, it's still something I'm really passionate about.

Wow...

BTW -I love the way you expressed yourself in your AVATAR!

You've been added as # 2 to the ARTISTIC Group!

I will join you! I'm sort of a mix. I am passionate about singing as well as art (sketching and portraits) and I write anything and everything constantly. :thumb_yello:

YAY! You are ARTIST #3! :thumb_yello:

As my user title thing says, I'm actually going to be studying/majoring in music in college (starting this fall) and I sing all kinds of music. I'm actually going to be trained in classical singing (like Mika was, wooo!) but I also play guitar, piano and french horn. I'm also a bit of a writer and really enjoy performing my or other people's poetry, especially slam poetry!

edit: I also sew, and love to make/refashion my own clothes!

As my user title thing says, I'm actually going to be studying/majoring in music in college (starting this fall) and I sing all kinds of music. I'm actually going to be trained in classical singing (like Mika was, wooo!) but I also play guitar, piano and french horn. I'm also a bit of a writer and really enjoy performing my or other people's poetry, especially slam poetry!

Impressive!! You are ARTIST #4!

Impressive!! You are ARTIST #4!

Thank you!

Off topic: You know, I remember seeing Mika's special red drink and being tempted to ask for it after the concert, props to you for being brave enough to ask for it and drink it! :thumb_yello:

i have finally found the group for me!

i don't think im very pretty or smart, but i know im artistic!

i just love visual art in general and i know that art is not something you can master but something that truely comes from your heart and something you are born with..for real[/color]

Well, I don't know what to do here. I am artistic, but I'm also brilliant and beautiful. I just can't belong! :tears:

(and smart-mouthed. Can't forget that!)

--Jack

You're disqualified, sadly.

I suppose I am too. I have a BA in Music, I cook, I paint, I write, I'm intelligent and gorgeous. It sucks being me.

Just kidding! :)

I am totally artistic!!!Can I please join?

My sort of, way of doing things is usually the abnormal/creative way, like a common task or thought that people interpret, I interpret completely on my own.

But I am a graphic artist, drawing, painting, etc. and I'm a dancer. I also play piano and sing and I'm a writer. I'm looking to double major (maybe, depending where I go) in graphic design and Journalism, and minor in dance in college.

I recently led and completed my Girl Scout Gold Award which was all about art! Something I'm really passionate about (as people always tell me is clearly visible when I talk about it :-P ). It was basically based on the fact that art and creativity needs to be more recognized as an important life skill and necessity: to create! Before I go on forever anout what exactly I did, I'll stop myself. maybe I'll post my report if you want, it's a thick project but alllll of my life in artistic motion! :-P

I am totally artistic!!!Can I please join?

My sort of, way of doing things is usually the abnormal/creative way, like a common task or thought that people interpret, I interpret completely on my own.

But I am a graphic artist, drawing, painting, etc. and I'm a dancer. I also play piano and sing and I'm a writer. I'm looking to double major (maybe, depending where I go) in graphic design and Journalism, and minor in dance in college.

I recently led and completed my Girl Scout Gold Award which was all about art! Something I'm really passionate about (as people always tell me is clearly visible when I talk about it :-P ). It was basically based on the fact that art and creativity needs to be more recognized as an important life skill and necessity: to create! Before I go on forever anout what exactly I did, I'll stop myself. maybe I'll post my report if you want, it's a thick project but alllll of my life in artistic motion! :-P

WOW! great stuff!:thumb_yello: Mika would be proud.......:wink2::thumb_yello:

Well, I don't know what to do here. I am artistic, but I'm also brilliant and beautiful. I just can't belong! :tears:

(and smart-mouthed. Can't forget that!)

--Jack

:roftl:

Oh well, pooor you! (good grief..ha ha)

The ARTISTIC group was created not to imply or suggest that member criteria included being hideous and being dumb as a doorknob! :sneaky2:

YOU ARE ARTIST # 5 - Even though you feel you are too good for the group! (hee hee) :winksmiley02:

I guess I would consider myself the artistic type. I'm not terrible at school either, but I prefer playing my piano in the dark haha

In the dark? Do your piano keys glow? You're ARTIST # 6

Hi guys!

I have a few outlets:

I make jewelry, needlepoint, greeting cards, collages, handmade baskets(y'know, Christmasy type stuff).

Does philanthropy and volunteer work count? SPCA is a major part of my life!:thumb_yello:

Stupid me!!!! How can I forget? Writing and scrapbooking....

Yes - Jewelry and greeting cards is a lot of fun!

BTW, are you sure you added everything? You're ARTIST # 7!

:roftl:

Oh well, pooor you! (good grief..ha ha)

The ARTISTIC group was created not to imply or suggest that member criteria included being hideous and being dumb as a doorknob! :sneaky2:

YOU ARE ARTIST # 5 - Even though you feel you are too good for the group! (hee hee) :winksmiley02:

Oh, what, don't I even have to prove my artistic ability? For all you know I'm crap at it! :biggrin2:

But, even though I was kidding with my last post, I think that you are very silly to say that you're not a brain or a beauty, Suzy! You're obviously more than intelligent enough, and you are very pretty. (And I get to judge such things.)

--Jack

In the dark? Do your piano keys glow? You're ARTIST # 6

Yes - Jewelry and greeting cards is a lot of fun!

BTW, are you sure you added everything? You're ARTIST # 7!

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO ARTIST #7 THANKS!!!

Do you also make jewelry and cards??? Very, very therapeutic!!!!

(I must confess, tho', I do have a degree in social work - please, PLEASE don't hold that against me! Do I still qualify???) :wink2::boxed: