Miami Pictures - Have These Been Posted?

undeuxtrois

I found these of Mika at his show in Miami and also at the after party... The blond woman who is seen in these pictures is, I believe, Jodi Marr who produced and helped write "Grace Kelly" or something like that... (Beware... the pics are huge...)

5668779209f48cba050okq4.th.jpg

5668760241fbe245f0dome2.th.jpg

600394604ad7c61feffoau0.th.jpg

5672569014dca143b22oni6.th.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

omg. is this at studio a??? cause if it is, and he stayed after to sign auto-graphs to anyone...i'm going to be mad, so you can lie to me.

i waited in line for 3 hours.

i sweat like crazy the whole time i was in there.

i still have about 9347 mosquito bites.

and all that was all in a bad part of town.

i'll be more assertive to meeting him next time he comes to miami.

omg. is this at studio a??? cause if it is, and he stayed after to sign auto-graphs to anyone...i'm going to be mad, so you can lie to me.

I think they are from Studio A... But I think it was an exclusive after party or something, so that's why he didn't come out to sign autographs? I'm very sorry... :(

I'm with cheeseygoodness, I waited there for hours and he didn't come out at all . . . I really dislike these "exclusive" afterparties, especially ones like this. I didnt see a single one of those people waiting in line. I remember that woman in the first picture, she was complaining that she couldn't get backstage, saying something like "I'll make sure he never plays in Miami again!"

It disappoints me, honestly.

I love that open-mouth thingy he does for pictures, it's so hot :wub2:

I know! Almost every picture, he does that. :D I bet he practices in front of the mirror to find the "hot face." :roftl:

If I get to meet him again and am able to pose for pictures with him instead of being rushed away after about one minute, I'm going to ask him to do a funny face. I wonder if he would... :D

...why would these people wait in line? They're his coworkers and close friends from when he lived in Miami. The woman in the first picture co-wrote half the songs on the album with him, and helped him launch his career. Of course they're going to be allowed backstage.

It really does suck that you guys waited so long and didn't get to see him, but this really seems like it was a very personal afterparty, for friends and crew and their guests only.

--Jack

...why would these people wait in line? They're his coworkers and close friends from when he lived in Miami. The woman in the first picture co-wrote half the songs on the album with him, and helped him launch his career. Of course they're going to be allowed backstage.

It really does suck that you guys waited so long and didn't get to see him, but this really seems like it was a very personal afterparty, for friends and crew and their guests only.

--Jack

You're right, I was a bit rash with what I said. And I have no problem with that she was let backstage, as you said, she helped him. However, I find what she said to be unneccesary and rude, especially if she did co-write his songs.

By the way, it doesn't seem to me that this was at Studio A, it looks like they went to a bar afterwards, which would make it seem more like a personal party.

I went to the gig, too and it certainly didn't seem like people would be allowed in...

I saw some "close friends" of Mika come in while I was waiting in line and they were let in right away. So, yes, it seemed pretty exclusive!

You're right, I was a bit rash with what I said. And I have no problem with that she was let backstage, as you said, she helped him. However, I find what she said to be unneccesary and rude, especially if she did co-write his songs.

Are you sure she wasn't joking? It almost sounds like sarcasm, from what you wrote... they're rather good friends and she seems very fond of him. (I saw these photos before on her flickr, and she captioned them "My Mika!"--which I thought was very sweet.)

cheeseygoodness--I don't think he lived there exactly, but he cut his demos there, and worked on the album. The line "Carolina sits on 95" in Love Today refers to I-95, which he would often pass by while he was recording there. I think he said that he went down to Miami during his vacations from college, so maybe "temporarily resided" more than "lived."

--Jack

Are you sure she wasn't joking? It almost sounds like sarcasm, from what you wrote... they're rather good friends and she seems very fond of him. (I saw these photos before on her flickr, and she captioned them "My Mika!"--which I thought was very sweet.)

--Jack

Honestly, I don't know, she could have been, but at that point she was talking to a bouncer, so I really don't know.