Mika on Oprah

Here it is: What a challenge to write less than 2000 charcters... I hope you guys like it:blush-anim-cl:

This is a plea to the producers to have British pop sensation MIKA on the show. His album has been at the head of the charts in the U.K for a while now and his star is rising at an increasing rate here in the U.S. It would be wonderful to see more of him here in The States if only to avoid depriving the American citizens of this ingenious discovery. He is undoubtedly the most down to earth musician today and has captured the hearts of thousands all over the world in less than 9 months. All those who have been in this man’s presence have had the privilege of witnessing a future legend’s first moments as a star. I believe that the Oprah show is the perfect outlet to showcase this amazing talent. He will not just be a passing fancy because his songs are far too memorable and unique. Mika's unforgettable style and charisma have occupied the hearts of thousands of people across the world. It is his brave individuality that inspires the masses. He refused to give in to the pressures of previous record companies to be more “sellable.†He could have changed everything about himself in order to achieve success, but he didn’t. Instead he kept all of his ideals and most importantly his dignity in tact. As a result he is the same person he has always been; a shining beacon of hope to all those trying to be themselves in a “carbon copy world.†Mika does not belong in any one category. He is his own genre and is strong enough to evolve into an unforgettable icon. I will continue to call him a hero because of his unyielding love for individuality. Through his music, Mika has created a euphoria for his fans to seek refuge in and to boycott the harshness of reality. His rising as a star is due solely on his inimitable talent and undeniable imagination. He is a revolutionist thinker and song writer with the world at his feet. In less than one year he has earned the respect of thousands across the world; all different, but with one thing in common, an indescribable love for one man.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is: What a challenge to write less than 2000 charcters... I hope you guys like it:blush-anim-cl:

This is a plea to the producers to have British pop sensation MIKA on the show. His album has been at the head of the charts in the U.K for a while now and his star is rising at an increasing rate here in the U.S. It would be wonderful to see more of him here in The States if only to avoid depriving the American citizens of this ingenious discovery. He is undoubtedly the most down to earth musician today and has captured the hearts of thousands all over the world in less than 9 months. All those who have been in this man’s presence have had the privilege of witnessing a future legend’s first moments as a star. I believe that the Oprah show is the perfect outlet to showcase this amazing talent. He will not just be a passing fancy because his songs are far too memorable and unique. Mika's unforgettable style and charisma have occupied the hearts of thousands of people across the world. It is his brave individuality that inspires the masses. He refused to give in to the pressures of previous record companies to be more “sellable.†He could have changed everything about himself in order to achieve success, but he didn’t. Instead he kept all of his ideals and most importantly his dignity in tact. As a result he is the same person he has always been; a shining beacon of hope to all those trying to be themselves in a “carbon copy world.†Mika does not belong in any one category. He is his own genre and is strong enough to evolve into an unforgettable icon. I will continue to call him a hero because of his unyielding love for individuality. Through his music, Mika has created a euphoria for his fans to seek refuge in and to boycott the harshness of reality. His rising as a star is due solely on his inimitable talent and undeniable imagination. He is a revolutionist thinker and song writer with the world at his feet. In less than one year he has earned the respect of thousands across the world; all different, but with one thing in common, an indescribable love for one man.

Loving it - much more articulate than the one i posted on here earlier - email more :)

Wow!!!

Nicely done!

-Pinkunicorn123- 2 messages

-Me-Mi-Ka - 1 message

-love.love.me- 1 message

-BonjourMika1990 - 1 message- more later

-Lilmot - 1 message - more later

Do you think they are going figure out something is up?

Great idea.

And wonderful letters so far.:thumb_yello:

ahh....who ( or what's ) oprah?!

She's American talk show host. She actually is a very intelligent women! Mika always talks of how his Granny (the one in the states) is obsessed with her. I think the same one who is obsessed with Grace Kelly.

ahh....who ( or what's ) oprah?!

A bit more information about Oprah from Wikipedia.... (It makes me happy that you don't know, I don't know why, but I feel better about the world.)

Oprah Gail Winfrey (born January 29, 1954) is the American multiple-Emmy Award winning host of The Oprah Winfrey Show, the highest rated talk show in television history.[1] She is also an influential book critic, an Academy Award-nominated actress, and a magazine publisher. She has been ranked the richest African American of the 20th century,[2] the most philanthropic African American of all time,[3] and the world's only black billionaire for three straight years.[4][5][6][7] She is also, according to several assessments, the most influential woman in the world.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oprah

haha...i wonder why? thats strage!

Strange that it makes me happy? I suppose that's true. I don't watch Oprah but I do think she is an amazing woman. However, I guess I feel that our culture has become so much a product of mass marketing and being influenced by the "most influential" people, as if we don't have any opinions that we could come up with ourselves...we read the books that Oprah tells us to and watch the movies that she likes, etc etc.....not really, but it makes me want to read the books that Oprah doesn't support, if you know what I mean?

Anyway, it is hard to sum it all up into words. I would totally love it if Mika was on the show, so I should just probably shut up now. But this forum has been very enlightening to me, to communicate with people from other countries and cultures. It is great, just like Mika.:punk: (and yes, it still makes me happy that you don't know Oprah)

you have a point. but i am very much iscolated, so im probs the only one who hasnt heard or oprah. i love communicatig with people all over the world- ive even met some of my old friends fromk nz on here! its great! and never fell you have to shut up- we love ramblings here. it tells you alot about the person!

It would be amazing for MIKA to go to Oprah. But I know for a fact that that won't happen ANYTIME SOON. Oprah makes her guests sign exclusivity contracts stating that the person can't appear in any other TV show, magazine, etc for a certain amount of time before and after the appearance takes place. And MIKA's label and PR would probably want it towards the end of the whole promotion for the album, in which case Oprah's camp wouldn't be interested anymore. It's hard to explain why, but the exposure Oprah gives is pretty big and Oprah doesn't want her guests to get TOO much exposure. Get it?

Emailed:

http://www.oprah.com/email/reach/email_showideas.jhtml

-Pinkunicorn123- 2 messages

-Me-Mi-Ka - 1 message

soon-to-bemrs.penniman- 2 messages

All of your letters have been AWESOME.

I kind of felt dumb for satring this thread at first because i din't think it could work, BUT because of all the positive posts i've read i don't feel so dumb and this just might work!

Mine is not as nice as some, but at least i tried.

Here it is:

Hello there!,

My name is Stephanie . I am 14 years old and I am writting to ask you to think about having the amazing Mika on your show. Mika is a songwriter, a singer, and a performer. He is probably the most sincere and down to earth artist I will ever meet (though I haven't met him yet). Mika's full name is Michael Holbrook Penniman. His debut album is called Life In Cartoon Motion. Anyone and everyone can relate to Mika's lyrics. They are deep, thought provoking, and well-written. His band is very talented and they have worked really hard the past 9 months. Mika and his band are currently touring Europe. Mika has been compared to many great artists. Some are, Freddy Mercury, The Scissor Sister, Elton John, Prince and the king of pop himself, Michael Jackson.Mika has many loyal, extraodinary, and very diverse fan base. He has fans in every continent. Mika is always happy and sincere when talking to fans and interviewers. You can see how passionate and dedicated to his music when talking to him. I think the reason why Mika has such a diverse fan base is because he is a REAL person. Mika is not an artist to be put on a pedestal and he would have it no other way. He is THE most sincere artist that I know. Son, I am writting to you to ask you to consider inviting Mika on your show. I realized scheduling is very hard, for Mika and for the Oprah show. I promise you, if you do invite Mika on the show you will not be dissapointed. I guess I should warn you; you will be getting a lot of letters form Mika's fans!

Sincerely, Stephanie

we have Oprah on cable here in Brazil, and I just don't know how people can watch the entire show.

Oprah says "we'll be right back" every five seconds! It's SOO annoying!

Anyway, I like contributing to this sorta things, so I'll write something like "Hi I live in Brazil, i love your show... i'd love to see Mika on it. blabla. Yours sincerely "

It would be amazing for MIKA to go to Oprah. But I know for a fact that that won't happen ANYTIME SOON. Oprah makes her guests sign exclusivity contracts stating that the person can't appear in any other TV show, magazine, etc for a certain amount of time before and after the appearance takes place. And MIKA's label and PR would probably want it towards the end of the whole promotion for the album, in which case Oprah's camp wouldn't be interested anymore. It's hard to explain why, but the exposure Oprah gives is pretty big and Oprah doesn't want her guests to get TOO much exposure. Get it?

:boxed: Thanks for those infos. I didn't know about the exclusivity contract... not so good I guess...

Just sent mine off. Here's a copy:-

Dear Oprah,

I do not have a question, but I have a request. Could you please, please invite 'Mika' as a guest artist/interviewee to your show?

He's got a brilliant personality that's unique and his merits includes being able to sing in almost five octaves. He's been through opera training, lived in Lebanon, Paris and London. His father's an American banker and his mother is Lebanese. He does a good cover of Shakira's hit 'Hips Don't Lie' and he's a got a really cute toothy smile! Above all that, he's pretty humble. I once wrote to him asking one of the silliest questions one can ask and he replied!

So please Oprah, bring Mika on your show!

Thank you and best wishes from Malaysia,

Sakina

I feel a bit dumb-like after re-reading the e-mail. I have been repeating this mistake of mine of typing the way I speak in letters. It is annoying to myself!!!

I very seldom watch Oprah but I think it would be a very enjoyable episode if Mika is on it! :D

Just sent mine off. Here's a copy:-

Dear Oprah,

I do not have a question, but I have a request. Could you please, please invite 'Mika' as a guest artist/interviewee to your show?

He's got a brilliant personality that's unique and his merits includes being able to sing in almost five octaves. He's been through opera training, lived in Lebanon, Paris and London. His father's an American banker and his mother is Lebanese. He does a good cover of Shakira's hit 'Hips Don't Lie' and he's a got a really cute toothy smile! Above all that, he's pretty humble. I once wrote to him asking one of the silliest questions one can ask and he replied!

So please Oprah, bring Mika on your show!

Thank you and best wishes from Malaysia,

Sakina

I feel a bit dumb-like after re-reading the e-mail. I have been repeating this mistake of mine of typing the way I speak in letters. It is annoying to myself!!!

I very seldom watch Oprah but I think it would be a very enjoyable episode if Mika is on it! :D

WAIT A TICK!!! u wrote him a lettter and he replied!?!?! omg where did u send it!!! i need the adreess!

lol, I sent him an e-mail/message through myspace months ago, before all the Mika hype :) I've long since deleted my account though, myspace is too full of spam! Besides, I wasn't able to befriend him on it : ( Somehow I didn't know his name.. :s and all my friends/relatives are on either Friendster or Facebook now..

Heads up, all my messages to him after that went un-replied to though.

Get it? NO, I don't really get it, but that doesn't matter too much, I don't get a lot. I do know that Tom Cruise was on Oprah and then he got some more exposure on a late night talk show. Maybe he didn't sign the exclusivity contract though.....however, I do have it from a very good source :wink2: that Tom now has to sign a "lack of violence" contract before ever going on Oprah again....I think this is probably why, don't u? Get it? :naughty:

Warning!!!! This video contains unusual and strange violence!!!!!

ps I thought only Jack Violet knew the future....

pps do you know John's cat, George's, real birth name? I find it haunts me.:boxed:

ppps I apologize that I get a wee bit "flirtatious" late at night:mf_rosetinted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6qH_-0fY_Y

the start of the evility of Tom C., since he didn't sign the exclusivity contract and look what happens? Especially around 4 mins into the video he keeps talking about his hands, later he uses his evil powers on Oprah. Scary stuff, when there is no exclusivity contract. I guess it all makes perfect sense to me now.