The real reason for the gig cancellations

JackViolet

Mika (or his management) is allergic to...  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Mika (or his management) is allergic to...

• Festivals
    • Northern Europe and the outlying countries
    • European airlines
    • Kata

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the UK-centric language was intentional... but not because I think the UK is the center of the world, no.

--Jack

So, do you think Mika has a UK-centric vision in his head?

You see, he shouldn't have left that Geography class!!! :roftl: :roftl:

Well, two ways of going about it.... One, if you want to be cynical and bitter, is that it seems Mika's management, anyway, might consider the UK more central to his career than some other countries.

Two, since Mika is based in the UK, I was just situating the countries relative to him. (I would've just said Northern Europe or Scandinavia, but I wanted to include Hungary.) If I'd been talking about a Vietnamese singer, for instance, I may well have said something like "China and the outlying countries," meaning the Philippines, Indonesia and Singapore, and I don't think that Vietnam is the center of the world either.

--Jack

Well, two ways of going about it.... One, if you want to be cynical and bitter, is that it seems Mika's management, anyway, might consider the UK more central to his career than some other countries.

Two, since Mika is based in the UK, I was just situating the countries relative to him. (I would've just said Northern Europe or Scandinavia, but I wanted to include Hungary.) If I'd been talking about a Vietnamese singer, for instance, I may well have said something like "China and the outlying countries," meaning the Philippines, Indonesia and Singapore, and I don't think that Vietnam is the center of the world either.

--Jack

Well, I'm not bitter about either, I just wanted to make a point.:cool:

But in case anyone is interested, Sziget is a 7 day festival and half of the people buying weekly tickets are foreigners (Dutch, German and French mainly).... The most expected bands for this year are Tool (USA) and The Killers...:thumb_yello:

I voted for the Norther countries (including Germany this time). I didn't dare to vote for Kata as she might hit me in London :blink: .

I don't know what else to say. Hilarious poll!

And I loooove the idea of Nordic Stalking. I might try it myself tomorrow :naughty: