The real reason for the gig cancellations

JackViolet

Mika (or his management) is allergic to...  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Mika (or his management) is allergic to...

• Festivals
    • Northern Europe and the outlying countries
    • European airlines
    • Kata

He cancelled his geography studies because he had the feeling that if he had stayed in the room one more minute, he would have never been successeful in music... Right. Does that never happen to you to have a "feeling" that if you don't do something, something else will never happen ?

OCD is a REAL disease. I don't know if he has it, but you certainly can't put everything on OCD.

His planning sucks, and that's certainly not because of OCD.

D'accord, Mlle P.I.T.A :thumb_yello:

OCD makes me instantly think of that Jack Nicholson movie 'As Good As It Gets' and if Mika were affected by that disorder, he'd probably not be able to do what he does and in addition to that, do it all in public. If he really had that clinical form of OCD someone would have noticed by now. It's certainly not about the tea :roftl:

Wikipedia:

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric disorder most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive, distressing, intrusive thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or "rituals") which attempt to neutralize the obsessions. Thus it is an anxiety disorder. It is listed by the World Health Organization as one of the top twenty most disabling illnesses in terms of lost income and diminished quality of life.

A person who shows signs of infatuation or fixation with a subject/object, or displays traits such as perfectionism, does not necessarily have OCD, a specific and well-defined condition.

IMO OCD is not what we're talking about concerning Mika :biggrin2:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be honest with yourselves, Nordics... You're not really what we could call "warm and welcoming" countries :mf_rosetinted:

ahhh, but c'mon

we're not bad (and some of us aren't really nordic, we just live here - and WE are really warm :biggrin2: )

anyway, I hope he gets better, but I'm still pissed at him :roftl:

WOw, I had no idea. I think I understand the fear now! :shocked::roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

That Nordic Stalking! Hysterical! Wasn't sure whether to laugh or be scared!!!:naughty:

As for Mika..... the poor guy's compromised immune system is in his boots because he has the tour schedule from hell, works his butt off and takes little time for himself. He's exposed to all kinds of bugs and viruses everywhere in the world. With a weak constitution and that kind of exposure you wouldn't believe the kind of crap you can pick up!!!! Trust me! This I know for sure!!!

And Kata, I'm still your friend....I don't blame you for anything! **hug**:huglove:

That Nordic Stalking! Hysterical! Wasn't sure whether to laugh or be scared!!!:naughty:

As for Mika..... the poor guy's compromised immune system is in his boots because he has the tour schedule from hell, works his butt off and takes little time for himself. He's exposed to all kinds of bugs and viruses everywhere in the world. With a weak constitution and that kind of exposure you wouldn't believe the kind of crap you can pick up!!!! Trust me! This I know for sure!!!

RE: Ear inflammation(s)

..."famous quotes revised"

2001687168843438072_rs.jpg

Ha! Looking Kata up on google! I love you guys.

Ok, I think Mika probably does have something like OCD, but it's a very mild form of it. It has nothing to do with gig cancellations, unless part of his OCD is that he's decided he can't go to Scandinavia for some reason... in which case, he's never going there, sorry Nordics.

The only other way OCD would manifest itself in gig cancellations is if he decided that he absolutely cannot perform a gig on every 4th day of the month or something, and trust me, his management would not let him do that.

--Jack

P.S. I always used to make up rules and follow them, like: "I cannot step on any crack in the pavement" and then I'd go to ridiculous lengths to avoid cracks. Or, "I can only get out of bed when the time is a multiple of 5." Or, "I have to walk around the park a certain way and no other." Lots of people have stuff like that, I think, but with me it's not OCD because when I get tired of it, I can force myself to stop. Like at one time I started washing my hands a lot, and it slowly got worse and worse until I was washing them every 15 minutes or something, and eventually I just sat up one day and thought, "this is ridiculous. I am stopping this right now, 1-2-3, right now." And I did stop. So not everyone who has silly rules they feel they have to follow has full-clinical OCD.

Ha! Looking Kata up on google! I love you guys.

Ok, I think Mika probably does have something like OCD, but it's a very mild form of it. It has nothing to do with gig cancellations, unless part of his OCD is that he's decided he can't go to Scandinavia for some reason... in which case, he's never going there, sorry Nordics.

The only other way OCD would manifest itself in gig cancellations is if he decided that he absolutely cannot perform a gig on every 4th day of the month or something, and trust me, his management would not let him do that.

--Jack

P.S. I always used to make up rules and follow them, like: "I cannot step on any crack in the pavement" and then I'd go to ridiculous lengths to avoid cracks. Or, "I can only get out of bed when the time is a multiple of 5." Or, "I have to walk around the park a certain way and no other." Lots of people have stuff like that, I think, but with me it's not OCD because when I get tired of it, I can force myself to stop. Like at one time I started washing my hands a lot, and it slowly got worse and worse until I was washing them every 15 minutes or something, and eventually I just sat up one day and thought, "this is ridiculous. I am stopping this right now, 1-2-3, right now." And I did stop. So not everyone who has silly rules they feel they have to follow has full-clinical OCD.

When I was little someone told me..."If you step on the crack you'll break your mothers back"

Needless to say I was horrified to go anywhere near a crack. Then to prove to me that it wasn't true my dad picked me up and put me and a particulary(sp?) cracked sidewalk. My mom was ok... lol

I always used to make up rules and follow them, like: "I cannot step on any crack in the pavement" and then I'd go to ridiculous lengths to avoid cracks. Or, "I can only get out of bed when the time is a multiple of 5." Or, "I have to walk around the park a certain way and no other." Lots of people have stuff like that, I think, but with me it's not OCD because when I get tired of it, I can force myself to stop. Like at one time I started washing my hands a lot, and it slowly got worse and worse until I was washing them every 15 minutes or something, and eventually I just sat up one day and thought, "this is ridiculous. I am stopping this right now, 1-2-3, right now." And I did stop. So not everyone who has silly rules they feel they have to follow has full-clinical OCD.

YOU DEFINITELY HAVE OCD, despite the fact that you are aware of your compulsions.

If you thought your compulsions were 'normal' you would have OCPD...:bleh:

Sorry to break the sad news...:naughty:

Suzie, the psychologist:wink2:

Haha, I had something similar with washing hands. I have also had a habit of closing my eyes to know what color I see with my eyes closed. That's spooky :blink::roftl:

I have also had a habit of closing my eyes to know what color I see with my eyes closed. That's spooky :blink::roftl:

But if you happen to see stars when you close your eyes, that might be a sign of heart failure.:naughty:

Suzie, MD