The real reason for the gig cancellations

JackViolet

Mika (or his management) is allergic to...  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Mika (or his management) is allergic to...

• Festivals
    • Northern Europe and the outlying countries
    • European airlines
    • Kata

:mf_rosetinted: Not me this time, I didn't vote at all (no option for 'fear of being bottled') :no:

Dammit! I knew I had forgotten something...

By the way, I specified European Airlines because I know he's had no trouble managing transatlantic flights to the USA, Australia and Japan... it's only the flights to those tricky Scandinavian countries that seem to bother his ear drums. Must be the high latitudes. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also thought of another reason why he might be getting sick so often.

It didn't hit me right off but I realized that he tends to meet a lot of his fans and there's always going to be some that are sick. So when they hug him, shake his hand, or give him something to sign they're passing on what they have. Also with him not getting much rest his immune system must be weaker that normal.

I hope he's able to take a well deserved break sometime soon! :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

You have to be honest with yourselves, Nordics... You're not really what we could call "warm and welcoming" countries :mf_rosetinted:

I guess violet_sky is right:

The Nordic Stalking is freaking him out. :mf_rosetinted:

You have to be honest with yourselves, Nordics... You're not really what we could call "warm and welcoming" countries :mf_rosetinted:

yop...what is there that you like getting into troubles so often???:naughty: :naughty:

Dammit! I knew I had forgotten something...

By the way, I specified European Airlines because I know he's had no trouble managing transatlantic flights to the USA, Australia and Japan... it's only the flights to those tricky Scandinavian countries that seem to bother his ear drums. Must be the high latitudes. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

I can't stand flying personally; My eardrums practically burst they hurt so much. I've been on a plane 6 times and I'm happy to go on another; I like to explore.

One thing that does help is putting in these tablet things into hot water and tissues and breathing it in.

i'll add another theory to the ones already existing. i'm not a psychologist, so not sure if it's possible, but could it have something to do with his OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder)? from what i read about it, there's no rationality behind the decisions you make because of OCD, AND it probably wouldn't be something his management would communicate to the press, coz they'd write "mika is going mad" or something like this!

and, this is totally off topic, but i just have to share it: there's just the most beautiful rainbow in front of my window! :wub2: (i love living on the 8th floor, great view! :original:)

i'll add another theory to the ones already existing. i'm not a psychologist, so not sure if it's possible, but could it have something to do with his OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder)? from what i read about it, there's no rationality behind the decisions you make because of OCD, AND it probably wouldn't be something his management would communicate to the press, coz they'd write "mika is going mad" or something like this!

and, this is totally off topic, but i just have to share it: there's just the most beautiful rainbow in front of my window! :wub2: (i love living on the 8th floor, great view! :original:)

That's cute, but being in a psychiatry attachment right now, i can assure you there is nothing like "obsessive gig cancellation desorder" :lmao:

Not joking : the "non-rationality" in the decision in OCD is not near what we're talking about... For example, his so-called OCD about making tea (which i'm sure he has no real OCD, and it's been carried away like everything he says) : the non-rationality in OCD would be that he has no reason to do his tea like that, but he just HAS to do it like that... Same for people closing the doors 50 times, people washing their hands 30 times, etc. They know they have no rational reason to do it, but they HAVE to...

Yes, P.I.T.A. :mf_rosetinted:

Probably. He has said that once he decides something, it has to be that way and there is no changing it.

That's awesome about the rainbow. I know I love it when I see an especially beautiful one. :-)

That's cute, but being in a psychiatry attachment right now, i can assure you there is nothing like "obsessive gig cancellation desorder" :lmao:

Not joking : the "non-rationality" in the decision in OCD is not near what we're talking about... For example, his so-called OCD about making tea (which i'm sure he has no real OCD, and it's been carried away like everything he says) : the non-rationality in OCD would be that he has no reason to do his tea like that, but he just HAS to do it like that... Same for people closing the doors 50 times, people washing their hands 30 times, etc. They know they have no rational reason to do it, but they HAVE to...

Yes, P.I.T.A. :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah, I think you are right. I don't think OCD has anything to do with the cancellation of his gigs.

well, he "cancelled" his geography studies on the first day because of OCD (anyway that's what he said in an interview), because he "thought" that if he's staying there, he'll never be successful in music. i thought that's also OCD, if you think you have to do sth (in a certain way) or not do sth, otherwise you believe something bad would happen, and without a logical connection between the two (although of course there is some logic about the studies, it surely was a better decision to study music :wink2:). um... did that make sense now?

but of course i'm also not sure if he really has OCD or not, maybe that was just another boring interview. :bleh:

He's run down.

They all are. It's just that they are overworked i reckon. You didn't put that in your poll Jack. Perhaps it comes under 'management'

Travelling takes it out of you, and if you can't make it to another country and back in one day, then to another country, then another in another day.....well....probably managements fault then..................mmmmm......yeah........:thumb_yello:

well, he "cancelled" his geography studies on the first day because of OCD (anyway that's what he said in an interview), because he "thought" that if he's staying there, he'll never be successful in music. i thought that's also OCD, if you think you have to do sth (in a certain way) or not do sth, otherwise you believe something bad would happen, and without a logical connection between the two (although of course there is some logic about the studies, it surely was a better decision to study music :wink2:). um... did that make sense now?

but of course i'm also not sure if he really has OCD or not, maybe that was just another boring interview. :bleh:

He cancelled his geography studies because he had the feeling that if he had stayed in the room one more minute, he would have never been successeful in music... Right. Does that never happen to you to have a "feeling" that if you don't do something, something else will never happen ?

OCD is a REAL disease. I don't know if he has it, but you certainly can't put everything on OCD.

His planning sucks, and that's certainly not because of OCD.