Funny convos with my mom about Mika...

AKateisaKate

I'm beginning to convert my Mom, she's at least begun humming (waaayyy off-key) in the car to SITM, GK, and Billy Brown, and admitted that she really likes "Any Other World." So we've had many funny conversations about Mika.

"Sucking too HARD on your lollipop?' What? 'LOVE is going to get you down' did he just say?? WHAT?" -In the car.

"Oh, Bobby Brown. I almost said Billy Brown. Yeah. That's not him." - Another conversation with my mom. I said this one.

Share yours! Parents are the funniest!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least you almost got her converted, mine is still cracking her brain on the name: "Mika? Mika? Is that a name?":blink: Bad mum baaad:thumbdown:

And I'm like: Yeah ít's a name! Hear you know this song! *Plays GK ringtone*

Mum: I know that, you play it all the time

Me: So you like Mika?

Mum: Is that a name? 0.o

I showed my mom the pic of Mika inside the LICM booklet, and said "oh mom, meet my new boyrfriend." She looks at the pic, turns to my fiance (who happens to have a slightly receding hairline) and says to him, quote: "Well, at least Mika's got more hair than you do!"

Bad, bad mother!:roftl:

At least your mum likes A song, my dad is a little bit... annoyed. Not by him, but because I can't stop listening to LICM. If he throws my CD out the window and blocks mikasounds.com and mikafanclub.com, I won't be surprised.

Well, I guess it isn't THAT bad. But they are kind of tired. My sister hates him already, and I can't help but turning the music louder when she says she hates him ;)

Oh, well. Some things will never change!

Well, at least you almost got her converted, mine is still cracking her brain on the name: "Mika? Mika? Is that a name?":blink: Bad mum baaad:thumbdown:

And I'm like: Yeah ít's a name! Hear you know this song! *Plays GK ringtone*

Mum: I know that, you play it all the time

Me: So you like Mika?

Mum: Is that a name? 0.o

Like, what kind of a question is that, mom? :P haha.....

I like the name. Liked it from the second i heard it, and that was before i became a fan. Like Jack Sparrow says in Dead Man's Chest to Will Turner: "I like it. Simple, easy to remember." besides, it goes well with all sortsa things. Like, "Mika-Mad" or "Mikamania", "Mikaphile", "Mikaddiction" ...and all manner of lexicography. (if that's even a word.)

i have pictures of mika up on my wall and this is what my dad says..

DAD" i dont like the look of him, who is he??"

ME "hes Mika"

DAD "he looks funny i hope you dont go out with him too much"

my dad has NOOOO idea who mika is :roftl:

haha, my moms hooked on lollipop!! she constantly plays it!!! i keep telling her that he has bunches of other songs that are just as good but she doesnt care!:bleh:

my dad found mika first and hes a member on here, so we joke about chicken and knitting all the time!!!:roftl:

but everyone thinks im too obsessed with him:blush-anim-cl: , is that possible?:shocked:

Everytime I listen to LICM my mom is like...

Are you listening to that MIKA ( she pronounces it MIKE UH)

again ... and I just laugh... because .. she NEVER gets it right even though

EVERY TIME I say MEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAA not MIKKKKEEEEEEUHHHH haha yah...

Oh, my ballet instructor (a guy), when we were doing Yoga outside.

Me: "I'm going to a Mika concert."

Adam: "A naked concert? What?"

Me: "Mika!"

Adam: "What? Minka?"

Me: "No! Don't you know the song 'Grace Kelly'?"

Adam: "No. What are you doing this summer, Susanna?"

ME "hes Mika"

I actually laughed out looooud when I read this!:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Haha, my parents now know who Mika is (because I told them), but when they listened to the album my dad said he maybe had one good song (me-:shocked: ) and my mum was like "nnyees... he is... interesting....no I don't want you to copy album for me.....don't think I will ever listen to it - don't take offence, ok?" :blink:

i really envy those, whose parents like mika as well. my parents are hopeless in this. my mum forgets allways mika's name and my dad misses the good old times of music, when you could also *understand* what the people sing. (actually i do understand what the people sing and - more than ever - i do understand what mika sings!) my brother doesn't really like mika. the only song he likes is any other world, but it sounds really terrible if he tries to sing along. my family is absolutely hopeless in case of mika...

ME "hes Mika"

:roftl:

I've been asked by my father if I want to become a groupie (when he fully understands the meaning of groupie and was being completely serious when asking).

My mother has asked me if I would ever run off with the band (again, completely serious.)

My mom calls Mika "Mitza." I have no clue why, but she does.

About 2 months ago, when I told my older sister (31) that I was going to see Mika, she told me to "be careful" and asked me how much older he was than me. :roftl:

What do these people think I'm doing at the concert? :roftl:

Haha, my parents now who Mika is but when they listened to the album my dad said he maybe had one good song and my mum was like "nnyees... he is... interesting....no I don't want you to copy album for me.....don't think I will ever listen to it - don't take offence, ok?" :blink:

i know how that feels.

but i forced mika on my friends!:biggrin2:

i burned the cd for my friend and then gave it to her:

me: here, listen to this

her: what is it?

me: mika (we had listened to him all day)

her: oh:boxed:

me: oh? dont you like him:yikes:

her: um...he's ok

me:*fake tears* well, sorry, i was just trying to show you something new. i thought you would appreciate it

her:oh, yeah, i'll give it a try:giveup:

me::glasses3:

ME "hes Mika"

Haha, my mum yesterday said that too. She knows I love guys with curls and we were talking and I said Mika has curls

Mum: You don't get involved with this Mika, because I don't know him and I can't talk to him because I don't understand a word he's saying.

(I will only get involved with him in my dreams, but that's a detail:naughty: )

Me: He's speaks English. You don't speak English?

Mum: I do!

(Very bad I must add)

Me: Then you can talk to him.

Mum: I want to meet him first! And I still can't get over the name

Me: - Le sigh - *Walks away*

My dad knows I like him and calls him Miko and one minute he's good and the next he's a copy of queen and freddie mercury :boxed:

And my mum's like 'I siad he was good when I heard Grace Kelly but you were like 'I hate that song'' but she likes him. We talk about him every now and then and she just teases me about liking him and stuff. But she's happy to buy me whatever if its to do with him most of the time.

Miko...Moki....Honestly, mom&pop, it's 2 syllables! 2 SYLLABLES! :rotfl: gosh, what's so hard abt remembering a four-letter name.......

"Pants are too tight?" Have they not raised teenagers b4? :)

Oh, and my bro thinks Mika sings like a girl. i don't want to get into a debate with him about the obvious difference of sound btwn a feminine & masculine high pitch.... he's not exactly at an age to appreciate the, erm, finer nuances of things.

Thankfully, my mom really likes Mika. We've always enjoyed most of the same music, which is really nice. When we listen to LICM, she's like "This music just makes me happy. It's happy music!" But i think that she thinks I'm a little too obsessed, which is probably true haha.

My favorite Mika fan is my cousin, though. My other cousin (her little sister) and I insisted on constantly listening to the cd (and singing the songs out loud when we weren't listening to the cd) when we were on vacation a few weeks ago. I think we almost made my cousin go crazy because she was so sick of his "dreadful" songs. But as soon as we got home, she admitted that Mika was growing on her and she asked to borrow the cd! I was so proud that my love of Mika rubbed off on her!:thumb_yello:

LT is playing.

Mom: I kind of like this song.

Me: You do?! You do?!!!? My mom loves LOVE TODAY ! YAY!

Mom: Yes, it is different from his other songs.

:boxed:

Me: You know what- Mika just...

Dad: Mika (a material that is similar to plastic - in turkish * dont know the english word for it) or plastic? Plastic is better than "Mika" - it is harder.

He tries to annoy me like this even though he knows who he is and thinks he is funnyyyy....

haha awwww..

My mum is embaarasing lool

I was buying new converse

and there were these rainbow ones

and she goes get these! They are really mika!

and i looked at her and smiled

and then she started to sing grace kelly in the shop!

I can be green

I can be blue

I can be orange!

I was like MUM what are you doing! rofl.

That's not the words! LOL

and my dad, thought mika was a girl

and when he saw his pics then he realised i was like IM SOO ASHAMED OF YOU! lool xxx

:roftl:

I've been asked by my father if I want to become a groupie (when he fully understands the meaning of groupie and was being completely serious when asking).

My mother has asked me if I would ever run off with the band (again, completely serious.)

My mom calls Mika "Mitza." I have no clue why, but she does.

About 2 months ago, when I told my older sister (31) that I was going to see Mika, she told me to "be careful" and asked me how much older he was than me. :roftl:

What do these people think I'm doing at the concert? :roftl:

ROFL ROFL.!

My mother was like that!

She was like im not letting you go to a concert you might get RAPED!

I was like WHAT! ROFL.

I showed my mom the pic of Mika inside the LICM booklet, and said "oh mom, meet my new boyrfriend." She looks at the pic, turns to my fiance (who happens to have a slightly receding hairline) and says to him, quote: "Well, at least Mika's got more hair than you do!"

Bad, bad mother!:roftl:

THAT MADE ME LAFF!

ROFL.

xxx