Fans will want to "eat the walls"-article

paula.pop

Mika exhibition opens

(Thursday July 12, 2007 06:11 PM)

mika12.jpg

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/070712/340/hcl3w.html&e=l_news_dm

An art exhibition of Mika's paintings has opened in London, with the star promising fans will want to "eat the walls".

The flamboyant pop star's drawings and sketches went on display at the Blink Gallery in Poland street this week, running until Saturday.

Some of the work has featured as cover art on Mika's record releases in the last six months, as he has become one of the hottest properties in British pop music.

Speaking about the exhibition, he explained: "The one thing I said I wanted was to be able to eat the walls, and that's exactly how I feel.

"When I write songs, I draw sketches to go with them. It's a visual world to step into and to have fun and to play with.

"It would have really broken my heart if someone else had come and stepped in and been given a big budget from a record company to just do the artwork themselves", Mika told the BBC.

His new single, "Big Girl (You are Beautiful)" is released on July 23.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But seriously, i would love anything by his hands, Freudian fixations & all. (OK that came out differently from how i meant it...) :)

what i mean is, i love the spontaenity & vigour of Mik-art. :thumb_yello: and yeah, i'd eat it if it didn't cost so much.