Starting to Experience a Major Turning Point...

Suzy

Sorry to start a new thread... but considering I've been a member 2 days longer than Freddie...I shouldn't feel too guilty 'bout it. :wink2:

I knew this day would come...don't want this to sound too dramatic or sappy but it is a little sad. :sad:I do tend to analyze things way too much, so take this with a "grain of salt" (skepticism).

I've reached the pinnacle, the "climax" (if you will) with my MIKA obsession.

The intensity is starting to wane...I can feel it. And he didn't even cancel any concerts on me! Ironically - just the opposite, as there is now much anticipation over his return to North America in the fall!

Yes, of course there will still be the occasional "thrills" (Quebec concert, Canadian Idol, etc, etc) but overall, the culmination and intensity has passed. Perhaps its natural to go through these stages (I wouldn't really know as its never happened before). Perhaps its a little of what BonjourMika1990 has eluded to in her thread about wanting to remember Mika the way he is today. Maybe it's just getting over the excitement of Life in Cartoon Motion. Geez this is sappy...Somebody SLAP ME ALREADY!

I'll still be a forever fan, even if I don't like his next album. He's made a big impression on me with this one. :wub2:I can hear my husband breathing a sigh of relief already and exclaiming "KIDS - Mommy's back!"

What about you?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw...well, you never know, Suzy! I wouldn't make a huge decision about this until your next concert!

For me...everything has just begun... I think there will be low points...and super high points.. Every musician has these. For me, though, seeing Mika live - at any point of his career - will be the climaxes...

SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER!

Haha, just kidding. I know what you mean. Hasn't happened for me yet. I give it about 7 months, then I'll probably feel the same way. Plus, another bad thing is that I got too obsessed with him too fast. :(

SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER!

Haha, just kidding. I know what you mean. Hasn't happened for me yet. I give it about 7 months, then I'll probably feel the same way. Plus, another bad thing is that I got too obsessed with him too fast. :(

S-S-S-S-HUUNNN, SHUUUNN.

rofl sorry i didn't mean it either :bleh:

im just a fan of charlie the unicorn.

anyway, i have experienced that! i didnt really like mika anymore because none of my friends liked him.. so i stopped listening to his music. but then i realized that i shouldnt stop liking an artist because my friends didnt like the artist.

soo here i am. obsessed. :biggrin2:

I think my obsession with Mika was at its peak before the album came out up until a few days ago. Before the album came out, I had Grace Kelly and Relax and Love Today on repeat all the time, and the same for the whole album when I got it, but a few days back I had my usual music shift, when I started listening to another artist lots. I think its just natural, at least for me - I'll be obsessed with a few artists for a period of time, then it'll shift to other artists. I'm sure my Mika obsession will grow again when it gets closer to time for him to come back here and tour. :thumb_yello:

I go through stages all the time. I listen to the same album or band over and over again, then I move on to something else, play that over and over, then move on to something else again.

I think I've moved on to The Postal Service Now.

But that doesn't mean I'll skip over Mika when my iPod is on Shuffle. No siree. :biggrin2:

Suzy, I think it's going downhill for me, too. Right after I saw him in concert and met him, I was all about Mika, again. There was a time where I started to separate myself from his music for awhile but I still got on here all the time. I left for my trip 2 days after the concert, so I was still sorta on my Mika 'high'. It was Mika, Mika, Mika. I listened to him on repeat which was weird 'cause I really hadn't listen to his CD like that for a couple months. Then, I started to get a little tired of it. (Maybe I overdid it). Then when I got back, I figured the first thing I would want to do would be to get on this board and see all the new things that had been happening. Well, I got back on the 3rd, and didn't actually get on here until like the 6th. I waited 3 days, though, to be fair, I got really sick (had to go to the hospital for a day). Anyway, even when I got on, I was like Well this kinda sucks, 'cause all of the crap that was going on. I didn't even post, I don't think, and got off after reading one thread. Then, I started getting on more but not nearly as much as I used to. I also haven't posted as much, and the Mika news doesn't interest me as much. I don't know, maybe I'm too busy to have an obsession right now, lol. I just think it's starting to go away for me, though, it still amazing how long I kept up with it (ever since late December) and on this board (as a member) since February. I was a lurker way before that, lol. I still like this board and still love Mika but it's sorta losing its novelity for me or something. Maybe once all this 'drama' passes, I'll be better but I'm not so sure...

nicka, i really don't think that's what she means. it has nothing to do with environmental pressure, it's not like her friends' views on mika have stopped her from liking him. and fairyfeller, i think she means her obsession (hope that's an appropriate word) beyond just the music.

suzy: i know what you mean. i guess it's like growing up. you realize eventually that the fun ends and things get serious, and "normal" again. there's always that disillusionment and whenever it starts waning..... well, i get pretty depressed. i guess it's just the works of time and human nature. but all good things, and bad, come to an end. who knows, maybe it's true that you just haven't had full-on mika or been to a concert etc. in such a while that you've kinda lost the essence of it all, but believe me, you (and I and everyone else) we're all beginning our descent, even if it seems very far off in the future.

I go through stages like this too, but mine are very long-lasting before they fade away. I usually obsess for about a year or more and then something will turn me off and I get over it.

But I'm still crazy about Mika. :D

yeah i had that about a week ago.... well not exactly but kinda....i still talk about mika a lot...lol

but i came down from the mika cloud just a bit ;) realised i need to work more and less talking about him....

hmmm who am i kidding? im still nuts about mikush :)

but i dont know if i was obbssesed?

i think im more obssesed with this forum and the nice ppl i talk to on here :)

i dont know im confused! :blink::boxed: lol :bleh:

I guess the thing with me is, I haven't really been "obsessed," but have more so have just been a massive fan. I don't know how to explain it...I guess I never go so high that I ever come back down. My fandom has always been a consistent plain where I'm eager for new news...and fun things like that. :)

(Also the only time I can say I was truly obsessed was when I became a Queen fan. For about two years straight, Freddie and Queen was the absolute only thing I ever thought about. I only listened to their music for that entire time. No kiddin')

I guess the thing with me is, I haven't really been "obsessed," but have more so have just been a massive fan. I don't know how to explain it...I guess I never go so high that I ever come back down. My fandom has always been a consistent plain where I'm eager for new news...and fun things like that. :)

(Also the only time I can say I was truly obsessed was when I became a Queen fan. For about two years straight, Freddie and Queen was the absolute only thing I ever thought about. I only listened to their music for that entire time. No kiddin')

i think i can say the same... :biggrin2:

Hey thanks for starting this topic - nice 2 know it's OK to not be obsessed 24/7! ;D

anyway, i'm sure he'll always be on or near the top of ur music list - it's just that u're not having fangirl dreams abt him anymore. for me, the moods come & go - sometimes he's kind of in the background, other times its like EEEEEEEEEE!!!! (especially when i watch a new interview, or smthing like that)

the madness may hide, but it will never run..... :wink2:

Hey thanks for starting this topic - nice 2 know it's OK to not be obsessed 24/7! ;D

anyway, i'm sure he'll always be on or near the top of ur music list - it's just that u're not having fangirl dreams abt him anymore. for me, the moods come & go - sometimes he's kind of in the background, other times its like EEEEEEEEEE!!!! (especially when i watch a new interview, or smthing like that)

the madness may hide, but it will never run..... :wink2:

Yes.

See, I was OBSESSED for The Beatles for almost 2 years straight starting at the beginning of Sophomore year and ending the summer after Junior year. They were all I listened to, all I thought about, and I even got labeled "Beatle Girl" by some people at school. All of a sudden the flame kind of blew out, but that doesn't mean that I don't still love them. Sure, I hardly look them up online anymore, but I still listen to their music and will watch when there's something about them on television. They always will have a place in my heart, but I'm just not super-crazy about them anymore.

Wait...this is not necessarily a "bad" thing that's happening to me or anyone else who might be going through this.

I'm finding a balance.

I'm 35 yrs old and my kids need clean underwear! :roftl: Believe me, I have ignored the laundry on a Saturday morning just to stay on this forum! :thumbdown: And I've spent countless hours trying to find the mystery of MIKA's grey boxers and juice! I got too excited, and obsessed much to fast. But now, I'll be a little more mellow and a little more relaxed.

And MIKA, I still wub you :wub2: and I will still be on my mission to find your brand of Earl Grey! I'll just work on that after I've fed the kids, scrub dirty faces and ironed shirts. XOXO

:mf_lustslow:

See, I need to find a balance. That's one of the things that my mother really hates about me liking Mika--the fact that I am just one extreme...There's no middle ground for me, but I'm like that with everything. I never think that something is just "okay," and I'm never just a casual fan of anything. I'm always either totally crazy about something or I hate it. That's one of my faults, but it's hard to work at.

I'm starting college in 5 weeks and one of my main concerns is not being able to come on here as much as I'd like. It shouldn't be that way, as I should be worried about college, not a celebrity that I'm crazy over, but I just...can't. I don't know. I've always been this way.

Well, Hannah...it's really not just Mika if you think about it. You've made friends here too, so I can imagine that you'd be sad to not be able to chat as often. I've been in that situation too... :)

Yes, that's true. :) I will miss you guys! See, I want to be very active in college with clubs, etc, and I don't want to sit in my dorm on my laptop all day, but I don't want to miss out on here...But it's something that I'll have to compromise...There's always the weekends, though! And Tuesdays! I have no classes on Tuesdays. Ha, I'll totally be able to live with 4 slightly inactive days a week.

lol awww...your posts are always so cute, Suzy! The way you talk about your Mika/taking care of kids balance is humorous to me. In a nice way!!

*runs over to Amanda and gives big hug*

See, I need to find a balance.

I'm starting college in 5 weeks and one of my main concerns is not being able to come on here as much as I'd like.

Treat yourself to 1 hour of MFC after every 2 hours of study! We'll be keeping our tabs on you....

I really understand what you guys are going through. Mika is the pinnacle of all pinnacles. His meteoric rise, his stunning talent, his mesmerizing presence - it's all enough to amaze, astonish, stupefy, flabbergast, captivate and blow the socks off a mannequin! LOL. But no one can live in that state of hype for any signiificant period of time! The thrill is the most addictive drug there is !!! - But you can't live your life in the thralls of addiction.

Last week I plummetted to a new low - the whole "Mika Pneumonia/Lost Voice/Cancelling Gigs/Nibe Suing Scenario just hit me - too hard. First we are all BESIDES OURSELVES WITH WORRY FOR POOR MIKA AND THE CONDITION OF HIS HEALTH! OMG - PNEUMONIA - SERIOUS STUFF!!! Then we don't even know what the true story is; is he really sick? And if so, with what? I felt extremely manipulated by Mika's handlers, hence, angry as well. The whole mood in the forum was so negative - and rightly so. Everyone here had every right to feel angry, lied to and manipulated. I know I should've let all this go and looked the other way, because bottom line: this is not my problem. But I do care about Mika as Mika and as another living human being. And it all just happened to coincide with a bunch of other really crappy things in my life. You really can't win, can you?

So what I used to feel was my "guilty pleasure", my "secret escape", my "Narnia" became just another source of pain and anxiety. And that brought me to tears. I really hope it doesn't remain like this. Obviously I'm the kind of person who works things out. But sometimes things just get too overloaded. This is one of those times.

Thanks for hearing me out.

*gives Suzy a big hug too!*

Yeah, Hannah...just try to balance your time out as best you can! You should be okay! We won't let you go away for too long, I'm sure!!

Aw, calicojasmine...I'm sorry about your disappointments...I think alot of MFCers felt the same way as you did...

I really understand what you guys are going through. Mika is the pinnacle of all pinnacles. His meteoric rise, his stunning talent, his mesmerizing presence - it's all enough to amaze, astonish, stupefy, flabbergast, captivate and blow the socks off a mannequin! LOL. But no one can live in that state of hype for any signiificant period of time! The thrill is the most addictive drug there is !!! - But you can't live your life in the thralls of addiction.

Last week I plummetted to a new low - the whole "Mika Pneumonia/Lost Voice/Cancelling Gigs/Nibe Suing Scenario just hit me - too hard. First we are all BESIDES OURSELVES WITH WORRY FOR POOR MIKA AND THE CONDITION OF HIS HEALTH! OMG - PNEUMONIA - SERIOUS STUFF!!! Then we don't even know what the true story is; is he really sick? And if so, with what? I felt extremely manipulated by Mika's handlers, hence, angry as well. The whole mood in the forum was so negative - and rightly so. Everyone here had every right to feel angry, lied to and manipulated. I know I should've let all this go and looked the other way, because bottom line: this is not my problem. But I do care about Mika as Mika and as another living human being. And it all just happened to coincide with a bunch of other really crappy things in my life. You really can't win, can you?

So what I used to feel was my "guilty pleasure", my "secret escape", my "Narnia" became just another source of pain and anxiety. And that brought me to tears. I really hope it doesn't remain like this. Obviously I'm the kind of person who works things out. But sometimes things just get too overloaded. This is one of those times.

Thanks for hearing me out.

*runs over to hug calicojasmine, since it sounds as if she needs it more than me*