London Lite Monday, 23rd July 2007

Akim

SPiBLOG

All your gossip from Lite's army of citizen reporters

Signatute for charity?

You're taking the Mika

THERE wasn't much love from Mika at T4 On The Beach. The posh boy refused to sign a T-shirt to raise money for a Weston-super-Mare youth group, Barcode - because other celebs had signed it. The Love Today singer instead stormed off. Our source revealed: "He was insulted that he was part of a group of celebrities who had been asked to contribute."

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough the "reporters" name was not given...

I'm going to be a bit cynical on this one. Judging from most of what people have already mentioned on the forum; Mika wasn't himself on the day. For whatever reason, he PROBABLY wasn't in the mood, in a rush- if that serves as a justifiable excuse...at least I hope so!!

I don' t necessarily think it is true but if it is, he has the right to choose what he signs.

Why would he sign just about anything? He needs to consider

1., if the cause is something he agrees with or not

2., if the charity collecting money is reliable or not (why make money for con men)

3., if he wants to be associalted with the 'artists' also involved... it does matter. He is not the boy next door. Anything he does can be taken out of context and used against him..

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I don' t necessarily think it is true but if it is, he has the right to choose what he signs.

Why would he sign just about anything? He needs to consider

1., if the cause is something he agrees with or not

2., if the charity collecting money is reliable or not (why make money for con men)

3., if he wants to be associalted with the 'artists' also involved... it does matter. He is not the boy next door. Anything he does can be taken out of context and used against him..

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I whole heartedly agree with these reasons!

I studied IP as part of my law degree and it's interesting that many people think that a celeb should do anything for charity. But even if you have the cash do you donate to every charity that comes along?

im sure Mika has a very good reason .....although im not entirely sure i trust the journalist reportage:blink:

I agree!

There is so much to it, it could be that he didn't want to be associated with the cause, or the group, or whatever, and he is totally within his rights to do that!

I do get the feeling that there is this media thing 'against' him, or what else can explain all these bad reports?

Even though Mika was not his usual FANTASTIC self on sunday, he was still very good and a lot better than many of the other acts.

I don't mean to bash anyone with this comment, but seriously, some artists/bands live sound is as good as my own! HAHA!!

You get the idea.

It makes me feel very frustrated that they are trying to portray him as this 'posh' boy who had it all handed in a plate to him,when we know that this is not the case.

And I will also go as far as to say that, even if this HAD been the case, why would anyone feel qualified to judge him negatively just because of his circumstances?

It's about what he has done for himself and the huge amount of work that he is putting into things that he is succeeding, not due to any help he may have received.

Anyway, let's hope that in time the media will start realising what a fantastic artist our golden boy is and reflecting this in their reports!!

Til then we will need to continue spreading the Mika good word ourselves!

Sara.

SPiBLOG

Signatute for charity?

You're taking the Mika

THERE wasn't much love from Mika at T4 On The Beach. The posh boy refused to sign a T-shirt to raise money for a Weston-super-Mare youth group, Barcode - because other celebs had signed it. The Love Today singer instead stormed off. Our source revealed: "He was insulted that he was part of a group of celebrities who had been asked to contribute."

Thank you for posting! :thumb_yello:

I agree with whoever said that Mika was feeling himself.

What this article probably wasn't saying, is that they asked Mika rudely and that they told him it was about something else. Maybe he was furious at being misled, maybe he was like, "Excuse me, I really don't feel well..." trying to get away, but they stuffed the shirt in his face... Which of course, could anger anyone... At least, that is my feeling.

1st: I'm grown up enough to know I shouldn't believe everything that I read in magazines, especially when the author doesn't dare to recover his/her name.

2nd: I find Mika a bright and intelligent boy, so if he really did so, I'm sure he had his reason for it.

3rd: He wasn't himself during that gig? Come on! His work is very-very hard, difficult and complicated, even if for us it seems a bed of roses. I mean he is becoming more and more famous and popular and appreciated. People know what to expect from his amazing gigs.

And if he has the worst head-ache, if he just had a bad agrument with his best friend, if he had just been refused by someone who he wanted to date, if her sister is ill and sick... he has to be the same adoreable, funny, crazy party-boy singing Lollipop, and he can't show his problems. Because his fans having a ticket for a day like that of course don't deserve less.

...What if that very gig was on a hard day for Mika?

London Lite eh?

I received a copy of London Lite on the streets last week and I didn't really like the general tone of voice of that 'newspaper'. This was in there too. Nah, not my idea of 'objective' journalism. :wink2:

London Lite eh?

I received a copy of London Lite on the streets last week and I didn't really like the general tone of voice of that 'newspaper'. This was in there too. Nah, not my idea of 'objective' journalism. :wink2:

Yeah, it doesn't seem like objective journalism to me, either. :thumbdown:

SPiBLOG

Signatute for charity?

You're taking the Mika

This particular piece was reported by a "citizen"- so they are not a journalist by profession and is meant to be taken as "gossip"...I'd be interested to know what Mika actually said though...

London Lite eh?

You have to admit, This "pose" raises a lot more questions then answering them. Personally speaking I didn't see it as inflammatory or as a rebuke...Mika will keep everyone speculating- as is his right to do so and in turn questions will always be raised...