Mika's Real Name

Ms.Mewissa<33

uggh! its SO confusing.

okay...can anyone tell me what his real name is?

I always thought it was Mica... he said it in this interview http://music.ninemsn.com.au/mediapopup.aspx?mediaID=103535

And then theres someone who tells me that it is Michael Holbrook Penniman.

BECAUSE: He was shy in the start of his career so he decided to lie.

And she also said "Trust me, I know this!!"

gaaah :boxed:

Heeeelp!!! =.=

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and he said in an interview that his dad wanted to call him Michael and that his mum was not into this Junior thing (his pout is real funny when he mentions her "over my dead body" in the interview)...

So... Back to the beginning... to me if it says Michael Holbrook Penniman in the CD, then it's Michael Holbrook Penniman... For a legal point of view (author rights etc) the legal name should be written in the CD right?

I can't believe another thread has been started on this ...:blink: I think it has already been answered a thousand times... :mf_rosetinted:

Michael Holbrook Penniman: 'That's his legal name, as in birth certificate, passport, etc':wink2:

When he was young, he used the name 'Mica' but when the horrid bullies started to call him "Meesha" he decided to spell it with a K... :cool:

...at the same time it is a most appropriate name for a mysterious pop star because in some parts of the world (e.g. Finland) it is a male name (think of that famous F1 driver), while in some others (e.g. Japan) it is a female name...

that's what you think

wait until next week :lmao:

Why?

I can't believe another thread has been started on this ...:blink: I think it has already been answered a thousand times... :mf_rosetinted:

Michael Holbrook Penniman: 'That's his legal name, as in birth certificate, passport, etc':wink2:

When he was young, he used the name 'Mica' but when the horrid bullies started to call him "Meesha" he decided to spell it with a K... :cool:

...at the same time it is a most appropriate name for a mysterious pop star because in some parts of the world (e.g. Finland) it is a male name (think of that famous F1 driver), while in some others (e.g. Japan) it is a female name...

Why?

I know it's been discussed like a thousand times but the problem has never really been solved I think! people kept claiming that Michael Holbrook was his dad!

and I know about the interview Em' is refering to so that got me all confused...

Michael H. is his dad.

His own name also happens to be Michael Holbrook Penniman. He tends to dodge this in interviews, but nonetheless it's his legal name. A lot of his writing credits are under it.

--Jack

thanks!

well we already know that he tends to not always tell the truth in the interviews so... :mf_rosetinted:

thanks!

well we already know that he tends to not always tell the truth in the interviews so... :mf_rosetinted:

He said the truth there though. His mother refused to call him Michael jr, but he was never called that, he was called Mica. :thumb_yello:

--Jack

He said the truth there though. His mother refused to call him Michael jr, but he was never called that, he was called Mica. :thumb_yello:

--Jack

in one he says the truth in the next one he hides part of the truth... I know what his strategy is :naughty:

Yes.

His dad's name is Michael Holbrook Penniman.

Mika is named after his father, and is also Michael Holbrook Penniman, but he has been called Mica his entire life, the name Mica diriving from the French (I believe? :blink:) pronunciation of Michael, or Micael.

Yes.

...he has been called Mica his entire life, the name Mica diriving from the French (I believe? :blink:) pronunciation of Michael, or Micael.

.. and perhaps calling him 'Meesha' comes from his Russian piano teacher.

The nickname of Michael is МИША in Russian.

.... but why just one name? It's so boring and besides he already has a lot of names amongst which we can choose...

MIKA is only one, then there is

the Mika

M

the orange M

MMMM

He who must not be named

The Ringmaster

Mikster

Mr. Amazingly Awesome

Dr. Cancel

The Educated Guy

...hey, he can already check in to seven different hotels without ever leaving a trace...:bleh:

....and then there are his several forum IDs of course... lol :bleh:

:mf_rosetinted: