Official Global Warming thread

Shezzy12

can i make a official one?

Delete if there is already one.

But yes,

I figured that mika is into saving the planet....

With his t-shirts....

6gwn0qf.jpg

I went on globalcool.org.

lol

But yerr

I;ve heard about global warming and i feel for it.

Done a presentation on it.

I must say im not a strong beliver etc.

Coz i belive that the worlds gonna end neway...

but yerr i believe we should try to save our planet.

What are your opinions?

xxxxx

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i definately am in the whole "go green" thing! i'm really interested in it, i decided to take AP environmental science this year instead of AP Chemistry, because i wanted to learn more about global warming and try to develop my own opinion about the supposed crisis the world is in, since there is so much controvery about it! i switched all my lightbulbs to the swirly good kind! :biggrin2: good thread idea!!

*cowers in preparation for a slap across the face*

I think the whole "go green" thing is dumb. DUMBDUMBDUMB! Some of my friends are into it, and I don't really see the point. I mean, scientists are in the process of proving that it's a bunch of baloney, and some scientists in, I think it was Iceland or Greenland, have already proved that the earth isn't getting warmer: it's heating up to it's original state of tempurature before the ice age.

And I'm not into that whole "bike to work" thing, either. If I bike more than a mile, chances are I'll have a heart attack, and then they'll just waste alot of energy trying to keep me on life support in the hospital.:wink2:

But hey, if you want to save the planet, go for it. Personally, I'm not into the whole thing though. Like you said, I think the planet is going to end someday anyway.

I think the whole "go green" thing is dumb. DUMBDUMBDUMB! Some of my friends are into it, and I don't really see the point. I mean, scientists are in the process of proving that it's a bunch of baloney, and some scientists in, I think it was Iceland or Greenland, have already proved that the earth isn't getting warmer: it's heating up to it's original state of tempurature before the ice age.

And I'm not into that whole "bike to work" thing, either. If I bike more than a mile, chances are I'll have a heart attack, and then they'll just waste alot of energy trying to keep me on life support in the hospital.:wink2:

But hey, if you want to save the planet, go for it. Personally, I'm not into the whole thing though. Like you said, I think the planet is going to end someday anyway.

Hmmmm I think similar, especially about riding on a bike. I'm too lazy and I'd prefer cars :biggrin2:

But I'm worried about all waste trowing out anywhere. Don't know if you have the same problem in your country - in my town there're a lot of illegal dumping sites. People are throwing garbage everywhere, even on grasslands. It's horrible coz couple years ago my housing estate was surrounded by trees, grass and forrests and now all I see is dump. So I forced my parents to segregate all waste, and trow bottles and stuff to propiate places. It's a little but I think that I'm helping :wink2:

Haha, You're american!

Well, the whole warming process is part of the normal way the Earth goes. It's just going fast now, compared to before.

btw - Im anti-human. Humans suck, we're a waste of space in this universe, and everything would have been better if we just had stayed apes. Or monkeys.. Or maybe a cool EAGLE! YIIR!

I can see where you're coming from...but maybe not so much the bike thing :roftl:

I can't really talk, my mum drives me too school every morning...but I DO catch the bus in the afternoon!

...is it sad to think that Al Gore movie (something like..."Inconvenient Truth") was frickin' brilliant? :cool:

You make some valid points about the fact that the whole idea of global warming is still controversial among scientists. However, you can't dispute the smogginess of our cities, the polution ending up in bodies of water, and our ever-expanding landfills.

Biking to work is a great idea when it's feasible. My boss bikes to work in the summer. His route takes him along gentle river pathways and residential neighbourhoods before arriving at the office. I don't bike to work; my route would take me along congested freeways though the industrial part of town. Which brings me back to the point you made about energy spent on life support. I also don't understand those who bike to work in January. There's 15 cm (6 inches) of snow on the ground, it's -30C (-22F) and you WONDER why you're swerving into my car? Gah.

But anyhow. Like someone else said, little things matter. Like not leaving taps running and bulbs burning un-necessarily.

Rock on, planet earth! :punk:

All the talk about driving/not-driving to school etc.

I've experienced parents, who drove their kids too school, even tho they lived less than 1 km away. wtf is up with that ****?

What does being American have to do with it?

Yeah, that biking comment was more of a joke. My family recycles, tries to limit down how many lights we have on at once, tries not to have all the TVs going at the same time, doesn't use the dishwasher hardly EVER, etc. etc.

But that's just practical things. I mean, I don't understand these people who make such ridiculous statements about energy problems that don't even apply to the average person. It's like "Fill your dog's bowl with water before you go to bed; this will save the energy it takes for her to open the refridgerator door in the middle of the night." Well, not that extreme, but it seems like it sometimes.

I mostly hate Go Green people begging me for money. They're the same people saying how it's cheap to go green, so prove it to me by doing it without donations.

The whole world is crazy!

There will be no winter here sooner or later , I just sit here and do nothing but keep on sweating

so u can't help but only open the air-conditioner.....

but when open the air-conditioner , the air outside become warmer...

well...it's just getting worse and worse

the main expenditure of go green is campaigns........

it's quite shameful that we always need some cele to remind us to go green

:mf_rosetinted:

So I already plan i won't get baby

i dun want my next gen suffer from this.........

i can't imagine after 50 years, the world is still suitable to live?