The appleman can!!! - The official SEQUEL!

Kata

Us too. He went to Montréal two days before but he hasn't been back since. I don't know why he wasted so much time in the US. They've got 10 times the population of Canada and only sold twice as many albums. He should have been here. :sneaky2:

Wow, is it right? That's pretty retarded. Really!

He has sold - hang on now - at least 15,000 albums here! OMA! AMAZING!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, is it right? That's pretty retarded. Really!

:naughty: What's the population of Denmark?

His album has gone platinum here, so it's over 100,000. The American equivalent would be 1 million albums, but he's only sold 200,00 there. In other words he's 5 times more popular here than in the US, but he blows us off to go there. :sneaky2:

And we only got one.

And we got none! :das:

Where did you see that, Im interested of how many albums he's sold in here then. Must be millions.

I mean of course tried to look already but no.

There's a site where's the sale of outside-the-country artists 2007 but there were only one album. Back To Black - Amy Winehouse. O___o

I'll keep searching.

You know, jaded and cynical as I can be ( and I can) I can still capture the heady days when Mika and his music was new and magical to me.

Those days and weeks at the beginning of the year, when I went from not knowing what he even looked like, to thinking he was odd looking, to having to play the nose scrunch on the Grace Kelly video on repeat.

From only having heard two or three tracks to suddenly having a whole album and loving every track.

I remember the day LICM was previewed on R2 with Mika commenting on the tracks and just knowing after one hearing that I loved them. (Something I have rarely done before and certainly not with all of the tracks on one album).

I hadn't listened to Satellite for quite a while until this week and then when I did, it almost felt like the first time again, his voice seems so sweet and pure on this track.

The first few bars of Relax......immediately conjure up the excitement of your first Mika gig. And the second etc, etc. Just magic.

He's lovely to look at, sweet to talk to, funny, childlike, intelligent.

I went from being a spectator - I lurked on this forum for about three weeks before joining - I thought I would never go to a gig because I was past all of that - to never being off the forum and overdosing on gigs.

I virtually met you lot, then actually met a lot of you, which has been an absolute highlight.

What a strange and in some ways wonderful year it has been.

I just need to remember this next time I am slagging Mika off. :naughty:

In the words of Erasure - I love to hate you.

Those days and weeks at the beginning of the year, when I went from not knowing what he even looked like, to thinking he was odd looking, to having to play the nose scrunch on the Grace Kelly video on repeat.

Ha, that was pretty much the discovery sequence for me too. In some ways it seems like it was just a few weeks ago but you look where he is and all that's happened since and it feels like it must be years ago.

The first few bars of Relax......immediately conjure up the excitement of your first Mika gig. And the second etc, etc. Just magic.

Isn't it though? I actually wasn't excited for the first gig. In fact I seriously thought about not dragging my lazy ass there in the bitter cold. I walked in thinking I hope this one-hit wonder is worth my $15 and wishing he was actually Paolo Nutini, back to do an encore.

But the moment he opened his mouth to kick off Relax it knocked my socks off. I'll never forget it and think about it every time I hear the song, especially live versions.

I went from being a spectator - I lurked on this forum for about three weeks before joining

I must have done the same. I didn't join until April but I know I was reading the site around the time of the gig in March.

I thought I would never go to a gig because I was past all of that - to never being off the forum and overdosing on gigs.

I virtually met you lot, then actually met a lot of you, which has been an absolute highlight.

I feel the same and that's why I'm off to London. It's the close of the year, the end of the tour, Mika's hometown and a gathering place for so many people from the forum. A great way to cap 2007 off.

I just hope you can cut us still-mostly-giddy types some slack because we haven't OD'd on Mika gigs yet. At least give me until the end of December. :biggrin2:

As someone who is not-truly-an-Apple but still often reads this thread may I just say babs that I just LOVED this post? :wub2:

I'm so glad I'll get to meet you in Glasgow! You ARE still coming to Glasgow, aren't you? :shocked:

OK, I'll go back to lurking again... :naughty:

dcdeb

You know, jaded and cynical as I can be ( and I can) I can still capture the heady days when Mika and his music was new and magical to me.

From only having heard two or three tracks to suddenly having a whole album and loving every track.

I remember the day LICM was previewed on R2 with Mika commenting on the tracks and just knowing after one hearing that I loved them. (Something I have rarely done before and certainly not with all of the tracks on one album).

I hadn't listened to Satellite for quite a while until this week and then when I did, it almost felt like the first time again, his voice seems so sweet and pure on this track.

He's lovely to look at, sweet to talk to, funny, childlike, intelligent.

I went from being a spectator - I lurked on this forum for about three weeks before joining - I thought I would never go to a gig because I was past all of that - to never being off the forum and overdosing on gigs.

:naughty: one thing I don't think I could ever call you is a giddy-type.

Unlike me! I'm a spaz most of the mika-time.

Wait until those first few bars of Relax. You may want to stay in the back for that. :naughty:

I jump and scream through most of the concert. That's why I need to be in the front. Otherwise the poor person in front of me will be the most irritated. *note to self to buy sweatbands*

As someone who is not-truly-an-Apple but still often reads this thread may I just say babs that I just LOVED this post? :wub2:

... :naughty:

dcdeb

Aaah - don't worry, I post here often and annoy the heck out of some because I am the least apple-like. I am not only displaying all my Mika encounters in my signature, but I also contibute to the projects and gifts to Mika. *tsk tsk*:naughty:

guys, don't say it loud, but i think i may delete my account later... don't know when, i could also never do it... i just thought about it. i wonder : does all my posts disappear if i close the account ??

anyway... i still check the PMs from time to time and if you wanna keep in touch, send me your email or we'll just stay in touch through myspace as you like ! it's still "just a thought" for the moment :wink2:

tonight show was very good. i got my long-waited-for-drumsticks.

i think i've done all i could and i wanted with all that so i think it's kind of a closed case :blush-anim-cl:

guys, don't say it loud, but i think i may delete my account later... don't know when, i could also never do it... i just thought about it. i wonder : does all my posts disappear if i close the account ??

anyway... i still check the PMs from time to time and if you wanna keep in touch, send me your email or we'll just stay in touch through myspace as you like ! it's still "just a thought" for the moment :wink2:

tonight show was very good. i got my long-waited-for-drumsticks.

i think i've done all i could and i wanted with all that so i think it's kind of a closed case :blush-anim-cl:

Aw, banish that thought. Just keep your account, and never say never. What harm can that do?

I'm so glad I'll get to meet you in Glasgow! You ARE still coming to Glasgow, aren't you? :shocked:

OK, I'll go back to lurking again... :naughty:

dcdeb

Yes, still going, and now Jems is! SarahLou and I are on the same flight, there and back!

I spaz myself sometimes! and I have not been to a gig yet!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

now that that is out of the way!

how are we all doing?

(I have a daily scream..its quite fun actually)

Now that you have got that out of your system.....:naughty:

People don't pop in here as regularly as they used to E.

Don't know where they all are.

Correction, vally is probably out somewhere eating, drinking and making merry, she is very good at that! :naughty:

Ok then, most people call me bab now anyway.

Not at work or at home though. :naughty:

I've really been thinking about it (sad). I'm like "is she a Holli, a Kate or maybe a Evangeline? A Susan, a Sarah or a Josephine?" :naughty:

Now that you have got that out of your system.....:naughty:

People don't pop in here as regularly as they used to E.

Don't know where they all are.

Correction, vally is probably out somewhere eating, drinking and making merry, she is very good at that! :naughty:

So how do you feel about the lurkers posting? I sometimes lurk but I never post...I guess I don't dare to :roftl:

Gosh you could at least "pretend" to be nice aye!! Dunno, offer some tea...that sort of thing :blink:

Oh! Tea! I need tea.

*gets tea*

You want some too? :cheerful_h4h:

I also got some hash-lollipops somewhere.