I was just on the radio!! ahhhh

cath85

omg I was just on the radio lol

today they are doing this program on eldoradio (Luxembourgish radio station) where you can ask for a song and I asked for Mika and said that I was sooo looking forward to his concert here in November! and then they called me back (which they don't do normally) and asked me to chat a little with them about Mika on air!

they asked me questions about how I liked his album etc. if I already have tix (I don't even remember everything!) and then they made me sing the chorus of Relax!! OMG I have just the most awful voice on earth but I did it!! the things he doesn't make me do!!

omg...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's awesome!

You know what? about 2 months ago, me and a friend also were on the radio. We took part in a competition to win tickets for a festival in Belgium (which Mika cancelled, but that doesn't matter), and in order to do so, we had to dress up like lollipopgirls:bleh: , and we had to find 100 people of the street (the program was live on air so we had to do it during the emission) who were willing to sing 'Relax' with us.

It was absolutely INSANE!!!!:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: And we all sang sooooooooooo out of tone, but I loved it! Our stunt succeeded: we had 100 people singing love on air. The radio host said it sounded awfull, but we won the tickets!

I totally understand how you feel! It's great to do a little promo for Mika :thumb_yello:

Well done!!!!

-Stien-

Ooh congratulations! :thumb_yello:

Congratulations on being on the radio :thumb_yello:

i was on the radio a few weeks ago for beacon fm mine was a pretty embarrasing experience aswell :biggrin2::wink2:

You were on Beacon fm?! I was on Beacon fm once ahhaha.

Why was yours embarrasing?

Wow! we have a radio star here!!!!!

I heard you on the wireless back in Fifty Two

Lying awake intent at tuning in on you.

If I was young it didn't stop you coming through.

Oh-a oh

I met your children

Oh-a oh

What did you tell them?

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Ooh congratulations! :thumb_yello:

You were on Beacon fm?! I was on Beacon fm once ahhaha.

Why was yours embarrasing?

it was a mika thing they asked me what noise best described mika + concerts of mika so i screamed down the phone and explained how we walked through london in fancy dress :roftl:

thats why it was embarrassing but this is going back a few weeks now :roftl:

it was a mika thing they asked me what noise best described mika + concerts of mika so i screamed down the phone and explained how we walked through london in fancy dress :roftl:

thats why it was embarrassing but this is going back a few weeks now :roftl:

Hahahahha You should have told me and I'd have listened :naughty:

Me and my friends had to sing loads of random songs on the phone to them and we won a free meal at some really rubbish resturant... It was disgusting though, no wonder they were giving it away!

Haha, congrats for all of you who've been on radio! :biggrin2:

I haven't. I've only sent some comments. Once they read my comment as the last one (aka the most interesting/ weird one). :biggrin2:

It wasn't about Mika tho.

today they are doing this program on eldoradio (Luxembourgish radio station) where you can ask for a song and I asked for Mika and said that I was sooo looking forward to his concert here in November! and then they called me back (which they don't do normally) and asked me to chat a little with them about Mika on air!

they asked me questions about how I liked his album etc. if I already have tix (I don't even remember everything!) and then they made me sing the chorus of Relax!! OMG I have just the most awful voice on earth but I did it!! the things he doesn't make me do!!

omg...

hahaha Cath!:bleh: We definitely should go to a karaoke bar in Paris on 11th October and have you sing a little Mika for us!:naughty:

hahaha Cath!:bleh: We definitely should go to a karaoke bar in Paris on 11th October and have you sing a little Mika for us!:naughty:

lol we'd better not! for your own sake :naughty:

thanks everyone! I'm so excited lol I'm really making publicity for him everywhere :bleh:

oh yeah now I remember another question they asked me! it was what my reaction was when I heard he was gonna come to Luxembourg. I didn't tell the whole truth though, because otherwise the whole country would think I'm crazy :roftl:

omg...

that's so cool cath! Now everyone in your country knows you're a mika fan:naughty:

that's so cool cath! Now everyone in your country knows you're a mika fan:naughty:

that's for sure! especially since it's so small! I'm surprized none of my friends called me after that. maybe noone was listening, that would be too bad! lol

and now everybody knows that I absolutely can't sing lol

that's for sure! especially since it's so small! I'm surprized none of my friends called me after that. maybe noone was listening, that would be too bad! lol

Don't worry about the singing, Cath. The most important is you did it. You promoted Mika in a very nice way!:biggrin2:

nooo!! If nothing else it proves your dedication to mika:naughty:

Don't worry about the singing, Cath. The most important is you did it. You promoted Mika in a very nice way!:biggrin2:

yeah I only wish I had been more prepared! I could have said sth about the wonderful concert in Paris, but I just didn't think about it that very moment!

nooo!! If nothing else it proves your dedication to mika:naughty:

if that still had to be proven to anybody yes :naughty:

omg...

Cath that's brilliant. I am really pleased for you.

Good stuff.