Hello from NY

NYMommyof3

Well ... hello all. I have never joined a fan club in my life! I'm a 39 year old mother of 3 sons (12, 8 and 5) and was recently "introduced" to the music of Mika from a friend of mine that saw him on Good Morning America, thought he sounded similar to Freddy Mercury (one of my all time absolute favorite singers and performers), and sent me a link. I LOVE him! I spent the last week looking up information, grabbing songs and song bites of the internet, and just got his new CD and I love every single song on it.

I feel like a teenager again.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellooooooo!!!!!:biggrin2:

A huge welcome there!!!:thumb_yello:

Well...don't worry...Since I know Mika I'm a little bit more childish...not to say that I'm big,'coz I'm 15,but hey...it happened to me,too...Now If I want to buy smt childish...I buy it!!!And the beautiful thing is that I'm not ashamed!!!

:biggrin2:

hahhahahaa....welllllll....I'm sure that u'll have a lot of great time here with ussss...byyyyyyyyeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!:punk:

hi NYMommy!!!! :welcomeani:

in this forum are so many older people ( don't feel offended it's just so, that i call all people older people who are older than me *i'm 16* :lol3: ) i hope that you will have a great time in this forum and a lot of fun!!!

sucking up every peace of information about mika is my favourite hobby :biggrin2: .

How do your childreen do??? Do they like mika too??? well your five years old is perhaps too young to have a preference in music, but perhaps your eldest???

feel home here and enjoy it :thumb_yello:

What a great welcome! You guys are great.

My oldest son is away for 2 weeks, but I'll be introducing him to Mika when he gets back. I've introduced him to the songs of my generation (Elton John, Queen, etc.), and he seems to like quite a lot of it, although he prefers Eminem (ick!)

I'm been reading and I hear the Mika is doing the promo for Ugly Betty, which is a HUGE show in the states! I'm hoping that will bring him a strong following and maybe do some shows here. I haven't been to a concert in a gazillion years :naughty: , but I'd go to see Mika.

Well ... hello all. I have never joined a fan club in my life! I'm a 39 year old mother of 3 sons (12, 8 and 5) and was recently "introduced" to the music of Mika from a friend of mine that saw him on Good Morning America, thought he sounded similar to Freddy Mercury (one of my all time absolute favorite singers and performers), and sent me a link. I LOVE him! I spent the last week looking up information, grabbing songs and song bites of the internet, and just got his new CD and I love every single song on it.

I feel like a teenager again.

HOLA FELLOW NEW YORKER!

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I'm hoping that will bring him a strong following and maybe do some shows here. I haven't been to a concert in a gazillion years :naughty: , but I'd go to see Mika.

I'm glad to hear that GMA has had a positive impact after all the angst about this particular appearance :naughty:

Mika had a US tour tentatively planned for next month but it's been pushed back because he's feeling the effects of a crazy year. Hopefully we'll see him in North American again in 2008.

I'm 39 too...welcome to the club :biggrin2:

Welcome!! We have a special thread/list for those of us who are Mums...well it is just a bit of fun to add your name there, and see who else is supposed to be making dinner or putting kids to bed, but is secretly reading here about MIKA instead!! Well actually I am just blatantly obvious about my MIKA obsession now, I think my kids would think something was wrong with me if I WASN'T on the MFC page every night.:naughty:

There are more than 40 of us who have admitted to being mothers here. Try this link.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4306

Enjoy the forums!!