My mother's slowly becoming obsessed with Mika...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When my mom and I were in her car: "WHAT? Sucking to HARD on your LOLLIPOP? WHAT DID HE SAY?"

Yeah! But she's chill with it. :roftl:

ROFL, mine too!

She was like "Sucking too hard on WHO'S lollipop? Is he singing about alterior motives? THIS WAS FOR HIS SISTER? WHAT KIND OF RELATIONSHIP..."

OMG people do you really think it is 'creepy' for your mom to be obsessed with Mika? Well, I am JUST the opposit of all you... I AM the mom that is obsessed and now my kids are starting to really like Mika's music. You should see us in the car driving down the highway with the windows rolled down music as LOUD as it will go and we are ALL singing LOVE TODAY at the top of our voices *scary* and doing the motions. Yes, at times BOTH my hands are off the wheel...*don't try that at home* :naughty: My kids think that I have gone mad, but they are starting to get use to it! :shocked:

OMG people do you really think it is 'creepy' for your mom to be obsessed with Mika? Well, I am JUST the opposit of all you... I AM the mom that is obsessed and now my kids are starting to really like Mika's music. You should see us in the car driving down the highway with the windows rolled down music as LOUD as it will go and we are ALL singing LOVE TODAY at the top of our voices *scary* and doing the motions. Yes, at times BOTH my hands are off the wheel...*don't try that at home* :naughty: My kids think that I have gone mad, but they are starting to get use to it! :shocked:

I don't think that it's necessarily creepy that someone's mother like Mika BECAUSE it's Mika...maybe it's just creepy when someone and their mother are obsessed with the same musician...I think that can be a little weird for a lot of people. It's not strange at all for mothers to love Mika...I think it's great!

My mom doesn't like Mika She thinks his voice is to high

So thinks my brother

But my mom was a Bee Gees fan in her younger days and they sing high to :boxed::sneaky2:

The same with my brother.:furious: :furious:

But my mother likes his music. And she also says he looks pretty good:naughty: :thumb_yello::wub2:

sorry guys .. i love my mum - but she purely has no taste in music :naughty:

she isnt into mika but i think im going to buy her LICM anyway for christmas ... it would be rude of her not to listen to it ? ... wouldnt it ? :roftl:

*another one of my cunning plans * :rolleyes:

My mom likes Mika, but she is definitely not obsessed. She told me that being obsessed with someone or something is "a disease." She honestly told me that she thinks I have a disease because I am such a big Mika fan.

Well, fine. I don't care if I'm diseased or not! I LOVE MIKA!

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

i would like to have a nice chat with all these nice moms.....!!!

you know i am a mother

i am an oldling

i am obsessed

mika obsessed....

BUT I'VE NEVER FELT BETTER IN MY LIFE!!!! MOMS, COME AND JOIN US!!!

:biggrin2::naughty:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

i would like to have a nice chat with all these nice moms.....!!!

you know i am a mother

i am an oldling

i am obsessed

mika obsessed....

BUT I'VE NEVER FELT BETTER IN MY LIFE!!!! MOMS, COME AND JOIN US!!!

:biggrin2::naughty:

I would love for you to talk to my mother! Someone needs to help her understand that I don't have a disease because I'm obsessed!

I feel for you. My mum loves him too. She was going "Ooh did you see his lovely long legs in those white jeans? And his hair! Absoloutly gorgous," after Somerset House. It's quite strange living with another MIKA obbseser.:mf_rosetinted:

sorry guys .. i love my mum - but she purely has no taste in music :naughty:

she isnt into mika but i think im going to buy her LICM anyway for christmas ... it would be rude of her not to listen to it ? ... wouldnt it ? :roftl:

*another one of my cunning plans * :rolleyes:

Definitely buy it for her! :thumb_yello:

I bought it for my mum... who's *70*! And she plays it all the time now! :naughty:

dcdeb

How old is your mom? Just curious...

I'm nearly 48...

Just because you're older, doesn't mean you're immune to

the charms of Mika! :wink2:

dcdeb

Exactly dcdeb, couldn't have put it better myself (btw..Happy Birthday!).

I admit though that if I were a teenage girl and my mum was into Mika I might think it was weird. It all depends on your viewpoint really!

Wow Sarie!:shocked:

You have a hippy mom out there!

Does she dance,too on mika?

Well my mom says she likes Mika ,too!but she doesn't sing as your mom do:wink2: :blink:

Hahaha, actually, she does! The other day, I was painting in the dining room, which connects to the kitchen. And anyway, my mom had Mika playing, and she grabbed my arm and jerked me out of my chair and we danced to 'Grace Kelly':biggrin2:

My mother would probably join this place if she was good at computery stuff. Maybe I'll make her do an MFC video shoutout on YouTube later.:thumb_yello:

Hahaha, actually, she does! The other day, I was painting in the dining room, which connects to the kitchen. And anyway, my mom had Mika playing, and she grabbed my arm and jerked me out of my chair and we danced to 'Grace Kelly':biggrin2:

My mother would probably join this place if she was good at computery stuff. Maybe I'll make her do an MFC video shoutout on YouTube later.:thumb_yello:

Please make her do that! I would love to see it! ROFL

Please make her do that! I would love to see it! ROFL

Rofl, my mom is so cool. She LOVES Mika, and she loves Architecture in Helsinki, and I've recently got her hooked on Bodies Without Organs.:blush-anim-cl:

Last night we were eating dinner, and my sister's boyfriend was here, and I said "HEY MOM, TELL MIKE YOUR NEW FAVORITE BAND!" but he wasn't really playing attention, and my mom said "BODIES WITHOUT ORGANS!" and he choked on meatloaf.:biggrin2:

Rofl, my mom is so cool. She LOVES Mika, and she loves Architecture in Helsinki, and I've recently got her hooked on Bodies Without Organs.:blush-anim-cl:

Last night we were eating dinner, and my sister's boyfriend was here, and I said "HEY MOM, TELL MIKE YOUR NEW FAVORITE BAND!" but he wasn't really playing attention, and my mom said "BODIES WITHOUT ORGANS!" and he choked on meatloaf.:biggrin2:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

LOL! My mom's a little like this, she likes Mika very much. She sings his songs quite often and i have been woken up by it. lol!

She's an art teacher and she's doing a lecture on Mika & Yasmine's art work and how they make the singles & albums and all the art work around it. She's bringing in my cd and single to show the students. She just called me yesterday to tell me this (i'm living with my sister in another town) and this weekend she wants me to come and tell her everything i know about the subject. I'm so excited!! :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

The other day, she bought me a copy of Life in Cartoon Motion. Then a few days later, I was watching TV, and I heard something blaring from the next room. She was paying bills / singing along to 'Love Today', which was booming over the CD player.

And today, I didn't feel good, so I laid down in my room for a while. And what woke me up?

"OH YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, GET YOURSELF TO THE BUTTERFLY LOUNGE, FIND YOURSELF..."

This is both a happy moment, and a creepy moment.

Lucky you! My mother is OK with his music but every time she drives her car, (which by the way I have a copy of his album in her car) and I play it, she turns it off. :tears: When I needed someone to go with me to the two gigs in NYC, she refused to go, so I forced my husband to go with me. By the way, sometimes I hear him singing RELAX and lollipop. :naughty: :naughty:

The other day, she bought me a copy of Life in Cartoon Motion. Then a few days later, I was watching TV, and I heard something blaring from the next room. She was paying bills / singing along to 'Love Today', which was booming over the CD player.

And today, I didn't feel good, so I laid down in my room for a while. And what woke me up?

"OH YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, GET YOURSELF TO THE BUTTERFLY LOUNGE, FIND YOURSELF..."

This is both a happy moment, and a creepy moment.

Aww, this is kinda cute isn't it? :wub2: I remember hearing my mum humming Love today for the first time. :yay: still it was also the only time :blink:

all you folks with Mothers who like Mika are so lucky!

I can't tell what my mom thinks, she's doing her i-have-an-opinion-but-im-keeping-it-to-myself thing, combined with he-kind-of-sounds-like-freddie-mecury moments. It's fustrating! she does this to me when I get excited about something, she gets all quiet and rarely gives her opinion!

Although I could do the same thing when she starts talking about blues music...

I know two other Mom's who like him, though. One thinks he's cute and catchy and the other listens with my friend/her daughter in the car all the time!:thumb_yello:

all you folks with Mothers who like Mika are so lucky!

I can't tell what my mom thinks, she's doing her i-have-an-opinion-but-im-keeping-it-to-myself thing, combined with he-kind-of-sounds-like-freddie-mecury moments. It's fustrating! she does this to me when I get excited about something, she gets all quiet and rarely gives her opinion!

Although I could do the same thing when she starts talking about blues music...

I know two other Mom's who like him, though. One thinks he's cute and catchy and the other listens with my friend/her daughter in the car all the time!:thumb_yello:

I love your avatar!