Classical Music

JoPerrin

Tchaikovsky will always be my favorite composer. He was brilliant and didn't always get the credit that he deserved! Did you all know that on the opening night of the Nutcracker, all of the critics hated it? How wrong were they??

I also love Mozart, Brahms, Handel, Claire Schumann, and Rogers and Hammerstein.

Ive been to see Nutcracker suite last year. It was exellent. Its one of my favourite ballets

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

James Horner! I apsolutly LOVE! Titanic! His best music that he has dun in my opionion. If you need to Know anything about Titanic, Im your girl.

lol! well, i prefer the ludlows from ....uhh...well i cant remember, but its a western type movie - so beatiful. i heard it in a memorial video for something and cried every time i heard it - its really beatiful.

Hey Jo! another thing in common!! I so love classical music! I've been in the conservatory since I was 7. My fav composers are Bach, Bach & Bach, but also Luigi Boccherini, Antonio Vivaldi & I use to listen to music of other composers, but in that subject I'm still ignoring........these are the gratest composer of the cello sonate & suite that I know, I love playing whit my cello the Sute I by Bach, I love "La musica notturna per le strade di Madrid" by L.Boccherini & all the Concerti for Cello by Vivaldi.

hey, we talking about operas now? sorry i hAven been on for ages....grd 8 'cello soon and i have to be ready in 2 weeks - it takes A LOT of practise!

Hey 1kiwiabroad!! grd 8 'cello? good luck!!:thumb_yello: I have grd 5 'cello this month!...less than a month! :shocked: I'm friking out! What are you going to play? What's your exam program?

I have to play 12 studies by Duport & the Benedetto Marcello's Sonata in G-moll.......Did you play it too?

I love all the classical music.

My favourite composer is Mozart.

I love all the Classical (and "modern" Classical) music, too.

But my fav composer is L. van Beethoven. Genious and Passion for the Music.

After, I love Bach' s magics at Organ.

And Debussy's Nuages.

These are my best three :wink2:

When did you see Mozart? Im the olney one in the family that likes Clasical music.

hihi, I didn't SEE Mozart obviously hehe, but I went to this opera two weeks ago in open air at night of die zauberflote. It was great, The setting was by a gorgeous castle, the stage was put op in front of it. There was an orchestra, you saw the moon and stars above, it was freezing cold though.. But we got like blankets hihi:naughty:

this was the castle:

lahulpe17019a4ux6.jpg

I quite like Mozart, when I stayed in Vienna I went to the house he lived in there, very inspiring.

But my favourite piece of classical music is The 1812 Overture, probably because every chance she got my mum used to play it. It was the only album I can ever remember her buying, 'cause she loved it.

It was great, The setting was by a gorgeous castle, the stage was put op in front of it. There was an orchestra, you saw the moon and stars above, it was freezing cold though.. But we got like blankets hihi:naughty:

WOOOW!! this place is wonderful & I can only imagine how was the atmosphere that night!!

hey, we talking about operas now? sorry i hAven been on for ages....grd 8 'cello soon and i have to be ready in 2 weeks - it takes A LOT of practise!

WOW! Good luck! I wish i was that good. I can proberbly play at least grade 5 on Guitar. I cant read music tho. I can play tabliture and chords which they start teaching you at grade 5.

• 2 years later...

Bump!:thumb_yello:

We already have a thread on classical music

Mods, I wonder if the 2 threads can be merged...Also, this one is not in the right part of the forum... should be in the 'other artists' part.

Edited by suzie