"I'm going where the sun is shining, through the pouring rain..."

BonjourMika1990

That lyric is from "Everybody's Talking"

I'm not sure this "deserves it's own thread" , but to me it needs to be said that this song has changed my life...

well, it's the way he sings it you know?

with such honesty and richness in his voice.

There's a story to why I love this song, however. You see during my New York adventure last month, I waited for mika "through the pouring rain," and I went to where, "the sun is shining"... do you get it lol? That song was in my head the entire day. First at Good Morning America when I saw him walk through the backstage door. He lit up the room like nothing I have ever seen before. Afterwards too, when he played that free gig for all of us. He sang that song and I knew it was meant for my ears... I actually started tearing up and I've never tried so hard not to think of something than in that moment. I tried not to think about the relevance of the song to save my self from crying in front of him lol... but I couldn't help it... it was so beautiful... Did he know that the place "where the sun is shining" was in fact that club? For me, it was:blush-anim-cl:

Here's a link to an acoustic performance of the song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tklnk05rN9E

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful story! :wink2:

Some song have that effect on us...specially when sung by some special artist!

I've never had the chance to see Mika (yet!!!) but I totally believe when you say he can bring light to a place! :thumb_yello:

that is one of the mostest sweetest songs I think i've ever heard! It was so beautiful.*wipes away tear* i love it! Who originally sings it? Mika...you're a beautiful person. Jeez, I wish I could sing like that. *sighs* Okay, officially my favourite Mika cover.:wub2:

The original singer I think is Harry Nilsson... I know it makes me cry every time... he's got some emotional songs, but this one for some reason hits hard... you can just feel it in his voice... he's got such passion and honesty

The original singer I think is Harry Nilsson... I know it makes me cry every time... he's got some emotional songs, but this one for some reason hits hard... you can just feel it in his voice... he's got such passion and honesty

I know! And I mean I love mika's falsetto but it's great when he sings a song that my mum can take him more seriously...if i played it to every non-believer, they would fall in love with him! Except, I fell in love with love today! lol, it's a great song and he makes it even better:wub2:

I know! And I mean I love mika's falsetto but it's great when he sings a song that my mum can take him more seriously...if i played it to every non-believer, they would fall in love with him! Except, I fell in love with love today! lol, it's a great song and he makes it even better:wub2:

wow, I just noticed you had over 2000 posts lol... and you just joined last month? That's amazing:thumb_yello: ... non believers are missing out... i've seen him live twice... and his voice is so crisp and pure... it's amazing:mf_lustslow:

wow, I just noticed you had over 2000 posts lol... and you just joined last month? That's amazing:thumb_yello: ... non believers are missing out... i've seen him live twice... and his voice is so crisp and pure... it's amazing:mf_lustslow:

lol, yeah i have lot of time on my hands...lol omg i know! I've never seen him live but i watch the vids on youtube and it's absolutely amazing! He sounds just like on LiCM! I'm still listening to that song btw! I LOVE IT! Thanks you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for posting it! *gets on knees and praises* I aboslutely adore it! My mum was like,"whoa! that's mika! It's great how younge people respect older musicians." And i knew she like him too. I started to listen to love today and i went running through my halls singing it and she ACTUALLY joined in! I was like,"omg." anywho thanks so much! *gives hug* *sighs* great song great voice great everything!

lol, yeah i have lot of time on my hands...lol omg i know! I've never seen him live but i watch the vids on youtube and it's absolutely amazing! He sounds just like on LiCM! I'm still listening to that song btw! I LOVE IT! Thanks you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for posting it! *gets on knees and praises* I aboslutely adore it! My mum was like,"whoa! that's mika! It's great how younge people respect older musicians." And i knew she like him too. I started to listen to love today and i went running through my halls singing it and she ACTUALLY joined in! I was like,"omg." anywho thanks so much! *gives hug* *sighs* great song great voice great everything!

awww, you're so welcome! My mom really couldn't believe it either lol...she really loves that song and she couldn't tell it was mika singing...

awww, you're so welcome! My mom really couldn't believe it either lol...she really loves that song and she couldn't tell it was mika singing...

Yeah my mum started to sing with him and i was like, "you know this song?" and she's like "yeah it's a great song" hahaha this song's great...i love it when mika sings hips don't lie by shakira! It's hilarious especially since he's not spanish!lol :wub2: