30 Minutes to seduce Mika!

LebAngel

Mika in the french Cosmopolitan (october 2007)

Big thanks to Nikki27 who helped me a lot & translated the last part!

30 Minutes pour séduire Mika

30 minutes to seduce Mika

I’ve got an appointment with Mika. He’s so sweet, isn’t he?

No, he’s no chocolate bar, but he makes me hungry.

Hungry of his brown curls framing his angel face. Hungry of his puppy eyes right out of a Disney movie.

To stick to the Disney comparison, he dresses as Dumbo on stage, wearing an elephant costume and shaking his trunk. I can already picture myself shaking it and saying something subtle like: "does this trunk fit in your trunk?"(she’s playing on words).

When I arrive at the hotel, where we're supposed to meet, his manager informs me that Mika will be late, he’s having a shower. I don’t know what is restraining me from telling him that I would like to have a shower too (with Mika, not the manager) Good manners, maybe. Moreover I’m in a hurry. I’m due to interview a french actress in 30 minutes which means I have to seduce Mika in 20 minutes: the challenge of my career.

Mika in everyday clothes, he has gotten rid of his trunk.

Mika is coming, so cute and elegant, the Paul Smith muse has an almost perfect French. Half american, half lebanese, he lived in France before moving to London.

His breakfast is hot, he sits in front of me but, out of courtesy, he refuses to eat. This boy is charming.

Having no time to waste, I make him a huge compliment which I really mean: his talent and his simplicity on stage remind me Ray Davies, the Kinks singer. As everybody is comparing him – wrongly, according to him- to Freddie Mercury, he is delighted. And hop, he’s thrilled!!!

Clever, subtil, funny, he tells me his story: “I was born in Beirut, but when I was one year old, we have been evacuated to Paris because of the war. There we were living with my sisters and my brother in a superb flat. We were the pirates of the building, doing a lot of tricks.

Then all my life felt over when I was 8, my father was tacken hostage in the american Embassy in Koweit. We had to move to London and started everything from the begining.

All the occupants and the concierge were crying when we left, even those who called the police each time we were too noisy.” I’m touched but the time is running.

He continues: “finally, it’s the best thing that could happen to me. I lost instantly this feeling of security and I free myself from the material things (??). I went to a public school but as I was dislexic i had a lot of troubles with the teachers. During 7 months, I’ve stopped going to school, instead, I was learning music and at the age of 13, I sang in a Strauss Opera.”

I love this boy, in few months he has become an international star, but some people are waiting for me.

I explain him that he was late and i will have to go soon. He laughs: “you should be a very important person, you have granted me only 20 minutes”.

I love this boy (bis): he has spontaneously understood that I’m a very important person.

I met a delicious boy.

Before I go, I ask him to answer a tricky question : what’s the aim of the animal costumes he wears on stage ? Is it to flatter the teddy bears sexual fetichists’ ego (a well-known movement in Great Britain) ?Mika laughs out loud. “I’d love to, but it’s a mere coincidence. I had a photoshooting in a costume shop in toronto and I fell in love with a lion-costume.

ut I’d like to become the teddy bears sexual fetichists’ idol!” Now this was getting interesting but time is running out... I ask him to sign a CD for the French actress I have to meet, so that she knows why I’m late. Mika agrees with grace and kindness and writes “It’s my fault”. No, Mika, it’s MY fault! I run and grab a taxi, as the very important person that I am who’s just met a delicious boy.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for the "Toronto" reference! Yeah, ok, so its no big deal. But the lion costume was my favourite and it "suits" him as he is a leo (zodiac sign).

Thank you for posting and translating girls!

No, he’s no chocolate bar, but he makes me hungry.

Hungry of his brown curls framing his angel face. Hungry of his puppy eyes right out of a Disney movie.

When I arrive at the hotel, where we're supposed to meet, his manager informs me that Mika will be late, he’s having a shower. I don’t know what is restraining me from telling him that I would like to have a shower too (with Mika, not the manager)

Ahahaha that's my type of interview :lmao:

Love that writer, reminds me of...well, me. :lmao:

Thanks for posting it's so cute! And why the Montreal gig was before Toronto? I'd liked animal costumes too :sneaky2:

Well then ask him to wear his lion costume for you next time. Don't forget your whip. He likes the circus atmosphere remember. You can be his lion tamer.... :roftl:

Well then ask him to wear his lion costume for you next time. Don't forget your whip. He likes the circus atmosphere remember. You can be his lion tamer.... :roftl:

:roftl: Don't give me that kind of idea... :das:

*wishes next time comes really soon*

Aww that was so cute, just how we here see him really. I think it's sooo easy to fall for him if your not careful, he is very very addictive. :naughty:I hope he always stays so beautiful inside.

I absolutely agree! 20 minutes it's more than enough time to fall for him. :naughty: In fact, it only took me a little more than 3 (I listened to Grace Kelly for the fisrt time and, when it ended, I knew I was lost forever). :naughty: Thanks for taking the trouble to translate!

:wub2::mf_lustslow::wub2: ah, what a man! the interviewer sounds like one of us!

exactly...that's why i posted this one, even if there's nothing new.

I like the way she wrote the interview, quite funny actually....it reminded me another thread:mf_rosetinted: