Happy Endinnn

xxprincesschezzaxx

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My impressions:

6) My one gripe is--what's with all the smiling at the end? This song is not happy. It's quite delightfully uncompromisingly bleak while retaining a sense of bizarre optimism, but not happy. This video makes it... happy.

--Jack

this could be resume by:

"dont cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

a kind of mix between hapiness and sadness as "relax" or GK with the contradiction between the lyrics and the music...

For Happy Ending it's between the song and the video...

as i said i was expecting a bit more of emotions... but here it's more about growing up, taking all the things in a positive way, than a heartbreak...

everybody has his own interpretation:wink2:

I like the result, it's 10000 times better than the others, in my opinion, it really represents LICM!!!

this could be resume by:

"dont cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

a kind of mix between hapiness and sadness as "relax" or GK with the contradiction between the lyrics and the music...

For Happy Ending it's between the song and the video...

as i said i was expecting a bit more of emotions... but here it's more about growing up, taking all the things in a positive way, than a heartbreak...

everybody has his own interpretation:wink2:

I like the result, it's 10000 times better than the others, in my opinion, it really represents LICM!!!

thats a nice interpretation. i posted mine on the previous page :)

Yup.

Maybe we can do like we did for the 'Big Girl' video. Then they'll change it all around to our liking.

Except nobody agrees with me. So it'll be me, alone, in a thread, putting all my ideas in caps and yelling at his production company.

This can't be "salvaged" like the Big Girl video. Not that it's so bad or anything, but either you can live with the cheesy '80s green screen flying in outer space thing or you can't. It's not something that can be cleaned up with editing, because it's not a mess, it's the concept that's the "problem" (or not, depending on what you think of it).

Caz I think you have the interpretation spot on!

The hands are helping him overcome it and letting him know he can make it on his own and he has people around him to support him and then the alarm lets you know he was dreaming all along LOL

I think it is the best video I have seen in a long time!

Tell him he should have JackViolet in the next video.

Hahah, but you know I hate being on camera.

Caz, I agree with you as far as the interpretation of what is there goes, but I still think the fall was too short to fully get across the impact it should have. I feel like casual viewers of the video may even get the melancholy, and focus entirely on "balloons! quirkyness! outer space!" etc.

--Jack

I loved it on my first watch. Mind you, I just woke up from a nap and I'm having a good day.

But as much as I love Mika - (and I know he's no actor), but I think his expression didn't change much throughout the video. :roftl:

But I love balloons, and toys coming to life. It made me feel childish.

:bleh:

My interpretation bahaha:

He feels alone and haunted by something, because of the piano, where you see its playing, but you dont see anyone playing it, just the keys moving.

He doesnt see a reason to wake up, so he just hits the alarm clock, then wraps himself up in his covers, but then somebody comes along, and makes him feel better, not just about himself, but about everything.

At first i think he's like, whatever, then he looks up and see's the big old world, then he looks down and see's depression.

I think the balloons are white, becuase its the colour of a dove and dove means hope.

[or it could mean 'i surrender' but lets go for the happy version xD]

then he baloon lets go and its a bit of a shock, but then some other people help, but not as much, so that when they leave him its not going to be as bad.

Its like when you ride your bike, if your mum or whatever gets you to try and ride straight away, your going to fall over, so they do that thing where they hold onto the seat and run along and you tell them not to let go and they say they wont, but then you do and you dont even notice.

I think with the hands holding onto the balloons, it could mean that maybe other people have to deal with it too and they manage to survive.

I love the bit with the stars, thats proper cool.

then he floats off into the big bad world.

And thats my interpretaton =]