phunkygal

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be Time is Running Out by MUSE:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RIZO6-fYmdI

This is the live version and is amazing.

Pointless fact: The drummers father died 5 mins after they finished this show. It turned out to be the best show they ever did.

thats terrible! well...at least he felt like hemade his dad proud no?

OMG! I haven't seen this video for ages!!! I used to love HIM when I was in high school! Thanks for reminding me that their music excist :wink2:

You're welcome! :wink2:

Been listening for HIM for such a long time now (must be 10 years! :shocked: )...But yeah, their music is still as touching as it was the first time I heard it! :mf_rosetinted:

April Fools - Rufus Wainwright

I love that video, it's so cute. The 'damned ladies of the opera' theme is cool and Gwen Stefani's cameo is too. :)

Now for a dozen of my favourites, there's a wide variety of genres:

'Street Spirit' by Radiohead is simply breath-taking.

'Going To A Town' by Rufus Wainwright is gorgeous, especially the second half.

is trippy but beautiful and recalls the innocence of childhood.

'Megalomaniac' by Incubus is fantastically bold and unabashedly outspoken.

is a strange but beautiful look at AI.

'The End Of The World' by the Cure, I don't love the song so much but the video has some really awesome effects.

'Take Me Out' by Franz Ferdinand is retro mixed-media heaven.

'This Fire' by Franz Ferdinand is one wicked piece of retro world domination with style.

'Comfortably Numb' by Scissor Sisters is one fabulous piece of discotheque.

is wonderful, I love the little animated milk cartons.

is really poignant and quite touching.

is indeed very classy.

That's a bit of a long list but they're all worth watching, trust me. ;)

On the Verge of something wonderful by Darren Hayes

I now have the image of red shoes burned onto my retinas. I loved Darren's work when he was part of Savage Garden. Yay for Aussie artists! :biggrin2:

EDIT: I just found a video for "To The Moon And Back" by Savage Garden. I forgot that he used to have long hair. Gosh, he looks young there. :shocked:

Now I'm inspired to post my favourite music videos by Australian musicians:

"Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS was shot in gorgeous Prague and the song has been voted as the greatest love song of all time (the beautiful lyrics were written by the late Michael Hutchence, the former frontman who features in this video). INXS are veritable rock legends and Michael Hutchence was arguably one of the best entertainers that the world has ever seen (Mika himself said that he looks up to him as a performer).

"Reflections Of A Sound" by Silverchair is random, creative and vintage, I love it. Bring on the bowler hats and Mona Lisa!Daniel Johns, baby.

"Love Your Way" by Powderfinger is very beautiful at the beginning then turns into something that can only be described as "ninja fencing" which sounds ridiculous but is actually pretty cool.

"Come Into My World" by Kylie Minogue, the pop and dance legend (and former girlfriend of the late Michael Hutchence). The song I don't love too much but the video has some really cool effects!

Enjoy. :bleh:

Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of music videos. So many of them just seem cheesy and I don't think they are of the greatest quality. There are some music videos that I really do love though, but I will have to think of them later when my brain is not so fried from schoolwork. Usually though, I would just rather listen to the song, and not concentrate on the visual aspect with a music video.

Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of music videos. So many of them just seem cheesy and I don't think they are of the greatest quality. There are some music videos that I really do love though, but I will have to think of them later when my brain is not so fried from schoolwork. Usually though, I would just rather listen to the song, and not concentrate on the visual aspect with a music video.

This is true for most music videos nowadays but a scarce few are really works of art, e.g. "Street Spirit" by Radiohead,

by Bjork and "Megalomaniac" by Incubus. Sometimes the images can add another dimension to the musical experience by utilising another sense or simply give more power to the music's message. :)

This is true for most music videos nowadays but a scarce few are really works of art, e.g. "Street Spirit" by Radiohead,

by Bjork and "Megalomaniac" by Incubus. Sometimes the images can add another dimension to the musical experience by utilising another sense or simply give more power to the music's message. :)

Oh yeah, I was definitely speaking about today's music videos when I made that comment. Some videos really are meaningful and do add to the song. I haven't seen the videos that you mentioned, but I will certainly have to check them out :thumb_yello:

...I love too much videos :)

But in this moment I have "Caribbean Blue" by Enya in my head :)

One of the last is "Take a look at my girl friend" by Gym Class Heroes, "La" by Old Man River and "New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini.

The rest of the list is very too long :)

Obviously except Mika's video :)

I loved the INXS video of 'Burn for You' from mid-eighties ... for it's reality & simplicity ... as well as loving the song !!!

Hey Scut ... i dunno if you saw my post on the previous page but ... would you be able to link that vid. for me please

By request of Happikali here is "Burn For You" by INXS. :)

And just because I feel like it I'll throw in "Elegantly Wasted" by INXS which Mika requested when he was interviewed by Video Hits Australia (i.e. the "chubby bunny" set of interviews). The song is fabulous and the tartan trousers and leather are "memorable" to say the least. :naughty:

• 1 year later...

wel my fave is Love today (yeah I KNOW it's a Mika one but it is my fave vid ever) I'm sure some of you fellow filthy minded lt will know exactly why :das:

besides that if I really HAVE to move away from Mika vids it'd probably be

on the verge of something wonderful by Darren Hayes a very unusual vid methinks but a good one too!!

I think you'll have to find the link yourself if you wanna watch it yourself my computer connection is nearly dead on it's a*s

sorry about that

• 10 months later...