O'zapft is! Munich Oktoberfest starts today :-)

mellody

this is a big event in munich every year, when the mayor of munich taps the first barrel of oktoberfest beer, and then says "O'zapft is!" - and i always watch it on tv. :biggrin2: today they said on tv that there are several other oktoberfests around the world, smaller copies of the original one... anyone been to one of those, or to the original one here in munich?

well, i'm off now to meet my friends at the oktoberfest... will be drunk for the next 2 weeks. :naughty::roftl: ok, only at the weekends. :wink2:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

to dig out this old thread... it's oktoberfest time again now! :biggrin2: just watched some youtube videos of it, and now i really feel like going! :mf_lustslow: will ask my friends if anyone's up for it tomorrow. :bleh:

here it is on youtube, the silliest songs with the silliest dance routines are always the funniest! :lmao:

cowboy & indianer

fliegerlied

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqupr...eature=related

:naughty:

Oh, gotta love this thread! The good old Oktoberfest! :thumb_yello:

Thinking about finally going this year...but I actually don't own a Dirndl (typical Bavarian dress) :blink: Hmm, will try to sort sth out.

here it is on youtube, the silliest songs with the silliest dance routines are always the funniest! :lmao:

cowboy & indianer

fliegerlied

lol, tbh I really love doing routines to these songs :teehee:

I mean, c'mon these are they type of songs that are played on a typical German "Dorfest/Schützenfest" etc. (and of course in the carnival season).

Btw, just watched a report on tele about a woman trying to get in on of the beer tents no matter what...And all of her attempts turned out successful. I didn't know that so many guards were so currupt there. Oh and reservations for a table in one of the tents were sold for several thousand euros on ebay :shocked:

But I guess that there is a special thing about the Oktoberfest. While I was in Ireland all of my American/Japanese friends in Ireland went there. 'Cause if they were already in Europe they wanted to go there so bad. And no one regretted it :thumb_yello:

Edited by mariposa

:lmfao: Have fun :thumb_yello:

If you find a Lebkuchenherz with 'MIKA forever' or smth, go for it :roftl:

you can have them made... :das::naughty:

mariposa, if you wanna go, let me know, we can go together. :biggrin2: could take one of my friends with us, she never wears a dirndl either as she doesn't like dresses. :bleh:

to dig out this old thread... it's oktoberfest time again now! :biggrin2: just watched some youtube videos of it, and now i really feel like going! :mf_lustslow: will ask my friends if anyone's up for it tomorrow. :bleh:

cowboy & indianer

fliegerlied

Have fun!!!

Yessss maybe one for next year ... my sales trips (now a lot less:sneaky2:) used to be close to this event .. but we always missed it :boxed:

Yeh I would love to , keep me in the loop for next year , maybe a cheap early flight:thumb_yello:

would be great. :thumb_yello:

damn, wanted to go today with a friend, but she cancelled. :sneaky2: well, friday then.